How can anyone defend this regime?

jgb

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I know there is zero empirical evidence and the little speculative evidence we do have  hasn't been fully analyzed yet, but lets make a decision now"

Yeah like I thought, you'd be terrible at defending anyone or anything. Juries only understand one syllable words. We pick 'em that way. You lost us at empiricable.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

There's no such thing as tanking in the NFL. It's too hard to get enough talent to compete and the Jets have a very deep dearth of talent to fill. The way they purged the team was all wrong. You have to maintain some sort of viability.

If it isn't tanking it's abject incompetence or at best apathy. All scenarios inexcusable.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

After the Williams and Adams pick, yes

Mac has made a ton of mistakes, but he didn't pass on Sapp or Reed

Adams is terrible 

Mayes is terrible

Lee is terrible

Jenkins is terrible

Hackensack is terrible

on and on we go

Brandon Shell is terrible

No speed at all on O or ST's

Zero skill players on either side of the ball

After 600 first round D picks still cannot get a pass rush

OL worthy of PAL football

I mean are you kidding me or what? I am not out to bash anyone, but at least be honest with yourself. This is an outright disaster of 1976-77 TB Bucs proportions (0-26), like an expansion team almost.

9 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Adams is terrible 

Mayes is terrible

Lee is terrible

Jenkins is terrible

Hackensack is terrible

on and on we go

I mean are you kidding me or what? I am not out to bash anyone, but at least be honest with yourself. This is an outright disaster of 1976-77 TB Bucs proportions (0-26), like an expansion team almost.

Bowles and Maccagnan dont have any idea on what actually wins games. They're too busy preaching technique and execution. The problem is they draft entirely on "tape" and not combine metrics that correlate to pro success. Go through the JN mock draft and this is even without the privy of one on one meetings with players, but most folks here outdraft the Jets.

Adams is terrible 
Mayes is terrible
Lee is terrible
Jenkins is terrible
Hackensack is terrible
on and on we go

The fact u say adams and maye are terrible already is comical

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Adams is terrible 

Mayes is terrible

Lee is terrible

Jenkins is terrible

Hackensack is terrible

on and on we go

Signing Revis to that huge deal was awful too.  Mac has been the worst gm we have ever had.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

So did every other GM at least 3 times. - what's your point. 

All of the other GMs at least have a plan at the QB position this year that doesn't include starting a player that would rank below every back up in the league.

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

All of the other GMs at least have a plan at the QB position this year that doesn't include starting a player that would rank below every back up in the league.

Mac picked Petty. I'm not saying Petty is going t be great but he seems to be coming along.

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

The fact u say adams and maye are terrible already is comical

Who cares. I could call Leonard Williams terrible - does it matter? Macc took over a team with porous roster and a TON of $$$ thanks to Scrooge McIdzik.

Where are we 3 years later?

--blew our salary cap

--Roster is even MORE porous 

--The QB situation is somehow... yes somehow.. worse.

--Everyone sucks

GENERAL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION:

--Manager your salary effectively

--Develop your team through the draft 

--make poignant and prudent decisions about veterans

--Have a good team. Win games.

What the Fck.  

Who cares. I could call Leonard Williams terrible - does it matter? Macc took over a team with porous roster and a TON of $$$ thanks to Scrooge McIdzik.
--blew our salary cap
--Everyone sucks

What the Fck.  

I am not defending mac at all he has sucked.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

--blew our salary cap

--Everyone sucks

What the Fck.  

The worst thing that happened to the Jets was Fitz's 1st year success here.  It made Macc "go for it" year 2.  We got a major dose of reality last year though and we're back to the start of the rebuild (that Macc started on when he got here).  If we get Darnold, it will magically wash away a lot of the ugliness of the past couple of seasons. A franchise QB is the pillar of a successful football team.

4 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Again our QB situation is bad, but its not like we're alone Hoyer is starting in SF, you have Kizer slated to start in Cle, the mess in Ind with Luck hurt. Houston is possibly starting Osweiler , Siemien in Den, Glennon is Chi . Good Qb's don't grow on trees , we just need to keep developing and or drafting them until we find one that clicks. 

31 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Adams is terrible 

Mayes is terrible

Lee is terrible

Jenkins is terrible

Hackensack is terrible

on and on we go

boo hoo little baby

Adams does not suck. The problem is that we were sold on him being a "generational talent" at safety. BS. The reality is that he simply is not, and next year's top safety (Derwin James) is twice the prospect Adams is. Again, anyone who follows cfb could have told you that. 

The fact that we sold the farm for Adams by not doing one of two things: drafting a potential franchise QB, or trading out of 6 to a team who wanted to draft a franchise QB for multiple assets. Chiefs and Texans wanted to trade up. Macc made the decision that Adams was too transcendent of a talent to pass on in exchange for what would have been multiple high draft picks.

To me that's a bunch of crap and another huge whiff of an opportunity to make this roster better.

30 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again our QB situation is bad, but its not like we're alone Hoyer is starting in SF, you have Kizer slated to start in Cle, the mess in Ind with Luck hurt. Houston is possibly starting Osweiler , Siemien in Den, Glennon is Chi . Good Qb's don't grow on trees , we just need to keep developing and or drafting them until we find one that clicks. 

First, we are not developing QBs.  Petty is head and shoulders our best QB.  Was last preseason before the injury and because McCown has taken like 4 snaps, Petty is by far the best guy this year.  So what the hell is Bowles issue running Hack out there?  Petty was never even given a chance to start.  By doing that, he essentially stunted the development of Anderson, Peake, and Marshall.  It has benefited Stewart and Hanson but somehow I doubt Bowles plans on playing them very much.

And I agree with the premise that we need to keep drafting them, but we have drafted more QBs in the last ten years than any other team.  We need  to draft one, be correct in the assessment, and then stop wasting picks on the McElroys,  Taj Boyds, and Hackenberg's.  We can't build a team by wasting picks and roster spots on long term project QBs where it's immediately obvious they don't have a future in the league.

11 minutes ago, Pcola said:

First, we are not developing QBs.  Petty is head and shoulders our best QB.  Was last preseason before the injury and because McCown has taken like 4 snaps, Petty is by far the best guy this year.  So what the hell is Bowles issue running Hack out there?  Petty was never even given a chance to start.  By doing that, he essentially stunted the development of Anderson, Peake, and Marshall.  It has benefited Stewart and Hanson but somehow I doubt Bowles plans on playing them very much.

And I agree with the premise that we need to keep drafting them, but we have drafted more QBs in the last ten years than any other team.  We need  to draft one, be correct in the assessment, and then stop wasting picks on the McElroys,  Taj Boyds, and Hackenberg's.  We can't build a team by wasting picks and roster spots on long term project QBs where it's immediately obvious they don't have a future in the league.

I wouldn't agree with that 100% , your basing that off of how he looked against 2nd & 3rd stringers. Hack looked good against the same vs Tenn and he did look better in the 2 minute drill last night against the scrubs. Bottom line QB's need to play to develop , the CS has decided to give more starting reps to Hack maybe because they saw Petty against starters last season. 

I haven't checked the numbers but I'd venture a guess that many more teams have drafted as many Qb's as us , its just that were fans of the this team so pay attention more to the players om this team.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The worst thing that happened to the Jets was Fitz's 1st year success here.  It made Macc "go for it" year 2.  We got a major dose of reality last year though and we're back to the start of the rebuild (that Macc started on when he got here).  If we get Darnold, it will magically wash away a lot of the ugliness of the past couple of seasons. A franchise QB is the pillar of a successful football team.

And good management would never do that.   JETS ownership, front office is a joke. We changed direction for a 10 year IVY league journeyman?   Journeyman who had never seen the playoffs and is well below 500. Top 10 teams don't do that.....  bottom 10 teams do. 

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I wouldn't agree with that 100% , your basing that off of how he looked against 2nd & 3rd stringers. Hack looked good against the same vs Tenn and he did look better in the 2 minute drill last night against the scrubs. Bottom line QB's need to play to develop , the CS has decided to give more starting reps to Hack maybe because they saw Petty against starters last season. 

I haven't checked the numbers but I'd venture a guess that many more teams have drafted as many Qb's as us , its just that were fans of the this team so pay attention more to the players om this team.

There is a difference between throwing 3 TDs as Petty did (in less then 2 qtrs) and scoring zero points as Hack did (in 2 1/2 qtrs).

And it is a fact that the Jets have drafted more QBs since 1999 than any other team.  Jets have taken 11 and the next team, Cleveland, has taken 9.  And the picks we are wasting on worthless QBs are forcing us to find OL, TEs, WRs etc. as UDFAs.  Every time we waste a day two or three pick on a QB, we are essentially bypassing a player that could contribute immediately on special teams at a minimum, for basically a preseason QB that is absolutely useless during the season.  

Probably a good reason our STs are if not the worst in the league, pretty close to the bottom.

15 minutes ago, Pcola said:

There is a difference between throwing 3 TDs as Petty did (in less then 2 qtrs) and scoring zero points as Hack did (in 2 1/2 qtrs).

And it is a fact that the Jets have drafted more QBs since 1999 than any other team.  Jets have taken 11 and the next team, Cleveland, has taken 9.  And the picks we are wasting on worthless QBs are forcing us to find OL, TEs, WRs etc. as UDFAs.  Every time we waste a day two or three pick on a QB, we are essentially bypassing a player that could contribute immediately on special teams at a minimum, for basically a preseason QB that is absolutely useless during the season.  

Probably a good reason our STs are if not the worst in the league, pretty close to the bottom.

So is there a difference in Hack throwing a TD in 2 minutes vs Pettys 3 in 25 minutes. ?

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

So is there a difference in Hack throwing a TD in 2 minutes vs Pettys 3 in 25 minutes. ?

If you are trying to argue over who is the better QB right now between Hack and Petty, please don't.  You're smarter than that. Hack missed another open rusher and got smacked in the face again.  He did make two GREAT throws.  Both of which were his best throws of this preseason.

Does anyone who watched that whole game have any doubt that Petty would have scored had his dumb@ss OL not flopped into his legs?

Hack may have had a shot at becoming an NFL QB.  But not by being drafted in the middle of round 2.  And not by being drafted by a team that can't give him three years to "figure it out."

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Woody is in a tough spot.  The current regime are the people Woody wants to hire and the people who work for Woody.  Some thing needs to change with Woody before anything else changes.  

I think Shell plays better.  He was up against JPP.   

The Hack pick is going cost Mac is job.  It was just indefensible.  He will be around a long time, but he needs a lot of development and experience.  

But even if the Jets were planning on drafting a QB in 2018, Petty is brittle and McCown is temporary.  They could have upgraded the QB position overall this year.  If the Jets lose the Peterman and the Bills, Mac should resign on the spot.  Instead of Peterman we have Dylan Donahue. 

As we saw before, just because a change is needed, you don't create the breakage unless it isn't an improvement   This ain't improving unless Woody hires someone who can tell him to keep his nose out of the team   

peterman is on the bills?  the steelers traded him?  for what?

10 minutes ago, Pcola said:

If you are trying to argue over who is the better QB right now between Hack and Petty, please don't.  You're smarter than that. Hack missed another open rusher and got smacked in the face again.  He did make two GREAT throws.  Both of which were his best throws of this preseason.

Does anyone who watched that whole game have any doubt that Petty would have scored had his dumb@ss OL not flopped into his legs?

Hack may have had a shot at becoming an NFL QB.  But not by being drafted in the middle of round 2.  And not by being drafted by a team that can't give him three years to "figure it out."

What's wrong w/3 yrs?  Isn't Petty in his 3rd yr? 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What's wrong w/3 yrs?  Isn't Petty in his 3rd yr? 

Petty wasn't a 2nd round pick.  Maybe next offseason we can sign Hoyer with the expectation that Hack can be a bottom 5 QB by the end of 2018?

Archived