Join me in supporting Bryce Petty

joewilly12

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stark said:

I'm in too. Hope he plays well. It is nice to see passes that go more than 4 yards downfield. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This kid deserves support he is the only decent QB on the roster.   

Hoping Todd Bowles names him the starting QB. 

Image result for bryce petty pics

The other BIG upside I see with Petty is the fact that even thou he did not play with the #1's he has great chemistry with R. Anderson from last year, and has looked like he has gotten some good chemistry going with Stewart, and Hansen which IMO should be WR's 1, 2, and 3 to open the season the rest have just looked really pedestrian.  IF Bryce starts hitting those deep balls he just missed on last year to Anderson he could steal a few games the Jets have no business winning like VS the Bills, Jaguars, and Browns thou so it's a catch 22 lol.

1 minute ago, slats said:

Hackenberg looked no worse than Petty on that last TD drive against the same level of competition that Petty has played all preseason. 

Eh, he kinda did. Still took a big hit from on that drive from pressure that he didn't even feel. Hack still needs to work on his awareness.

I'm not saying I believe Petty is the answer, but there's enough there to be positive about.

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Hackenberg looked no worse than Petty on that last TD drive against the same level of competition that Petty has played all preseason. 

TBH besides R Anderson the Jets 2nd, and 3rd team WR's look better then the crap of Marshall, and Peake.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Can't hold it against Petty that TB hasn't given him a real opportunity to play with the first unit against the opponent's best players.  I agree we don't know what will happen, but we've seen the results when Hack tries it and we know that won't fly.  There seems to be enough to warrant giving Petty the ball for a while and seeing what happens (assuming he can play).  Of course the downside is Petty might win a few games but not be a legit enough starter, which pretty much ruins everything.  On the upside, he could make December games interesting.  

With Hack, we know next April/May will be exciting but not much until then.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Robbie Anderson needs to step it up a bit and play the WR position more physical than he is, if the ball isn't placed in his arms he doesn't catch it and he needs to learn how to take a hit. 

I know many disagree with me, but thats my opinion. 

Agreed 100%.  I said it all off season, he let's too many balls get taken from him.  Kid had a lot of potential but needs to get stronger and fight harder.  

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Robbie Anderson needs to step it up a bit and play the WR position more physical than he is, if the ball isn't placed in his arms he doesn't catch it and he needs to learn how to take a hit. 

I know many disagree with me, but thats my opinion. 

You aren't wrong but Jets have literally taken a street free agent and made him the number 1. I'd say he's already exceeded any reasonable expectation. In fact, what the team has done is utterly unfair to him.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You aren't wrong but Jets have literally taken a street free agent and made him the number 1. I'd say he's already exceeded any reasonable expectation. In fact, what the team has done is utterly unfair to him.

The key word is "Jets"  on any other team he's a 3-4 WR.

I've been in for giving Petty a shot from the beginning. The man got no reps his first year, minimum his second PS (while still playing better than Geno and Fitz), then after outplaying Geno, gets left in the garbage time 4th PS game last year and suffers a dislocated shoulder putting him on IR for the first half of the season where he once again got no reps. Then he gets garbage time last year behind a team that had already mailed it in, starting games despite limited reps all season. The Petty book is not yet concluded IMO.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

I've been in for giving Petty a shot from the beginning. The man got no reps his first year, minimum his second PS (while still playing better than Geno and Fitz), then after outplaying Geno, gets left in the garbage time 4th PS game last year and suffers a dislocated shoulder putting him on IR for the first half of the season where he once again got no reps. Then he gets garbage time last year behind a team that had already mailed it in, starting games despite limited reps all season. The Petty book is not yet concluded IMO.

Remember when Rex laughed when it was suggested by a reporter that Petty earned more reps? I guess Rex got last laugh he escaped and Petty is still Sisyphus rolling rocks up hills in North Jersey.

49 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't enjoy fighting with a MOD.  But while a case for what you say could be made...  the eyeball test says the two aren't even close. 

Petty is a tough kid, clearly improving, and deserves a chance to run this offense way before Hack.  This Hack rationalization is bordering on the absurd.

Archived