Lupz27

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We need to get ahold of the FIREIDZIK guys ASAP 

We need banners and billboards for the home opener 

FIRE MACC AND BOWLES 

And go through what Buff is doing dumping previous regime picks?  what the Jets and most teams do when their is a regime change...yeah, that works...rinse, repeat...rinse, repeat.

Just now, C Mart said:

And go through what Buff is doing dumping previous regime picks?  what the Jets and most teams do when their is a regime change...yeah, that works...rinse, repeat...rinse, repeat.

Dumping previous regime picks?  How many #1 picks have we cut already because we always pick the wrong guy.  STOP DEFENDING sh*t ALREADY 

Obvious choice.  McCown gives the team the best chance to win, and you risk losing your team's morale and support if you start one of the ill prepared young players. 

You also give yourself a fall guy so that when the inevitable media bashing of the 'dreadful' 2-7 team starts, management can blame McCown and then they can trot out Hackenburg or Petty into the firing line (where they can proceed to suck it up in peace for a few games).

It's rebuilding 101. 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

This is why you NEVER draft based on HC's scheme on O, or D going into year 3, and HC has 1 year on contract.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

What do people want?  Tank? Most people here say McCown sucks so how can playing him ruin the tank?  

Geez do people really not get it? We are rebuilding. As part of that rebuild you evaluate the QBs on the roster. Evaluating the QBs requires REGULAR SEASON game play. 16 games of it. Evaluating your QBs does NOT consist of a sham competition. a lot of reps in practice for 8 days, and then play the veteran. It requires patience, teaching, coaching and placing GREATER value on the future of this franchise over winning the next game. Every game McClown starts does irreperable damage to the Jets future. It is just that simple. Bowles literally should not be allowed to start McClown (who never should have been signed to begin with) and if he insists just fire him. It is unlikely he is part of the future which is why he is playing McClown.

Hard reality is Bowles does not give a FUUCK about the Jets future. He is only considered with his own job and resume.

Bowles and the Jets are indescribanly short sighted and stupid to allow this to happen.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

What do people want?  Tank? Most people here say McCown sucks so how can playing him ruin the tank?  

Fans don't know what they want.

The trait of thought is that McCown will be just good enough to bring the team away from being able to draft Sam Darnold. 

In other words they're afraid that the jets will be just good enough not to suck. Its stupid and it assumes A LOT of things will go a certain way if the Jets had a low record. But this is what people are grasping towards.

3 minutes ago, Hael said:

Obvious choice.  McCown gives the team the best chance to win, and you risk losing your team's morale and support if you start one of the ill prepared young players. 

You also give yourself a fall guy so that when the inevitable media bashing of the 'dreadful' 2-7 team starts, management can blame McCown and then they can trot out Hackenburg or Petty into the firing line (where they can proceed to suck it up in peace for a few games).

It's rebuilding 101. 

The team LOVES Petty. They risk nothing in the locker room starting him. This is a crap argument.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Geez do people really not get it? We are rebuilding. As part of that rebuild you evaluate the QBs on the roster. Evaluating the QBs requires REGULAR SEASON game play. 16 games of it. Evaluating your QBs does NOT consist of a sham competition. a lot of reps in practice for 8 days, and then play the veteran. It requires patience, teaching, coaching and placing GREATER value on the future of this franchise over winning the next game. Every game McClown starts does irreperable damage to the Jets future. It is just that simple. Bowles literally should not be allowed to start McClown (who never should have been signed to begin with) and if he insists just fire him. It is unlikely he is part of the future which is why he is playing McClown.

Hard reality is Bowles does not give a FUUCK about the Jets future. He is only considered with his own job and resume.

Bowles and the Jets are indescribanly short sighted and stupid to allow this to happen.

Great post, Jets already made this mistake back in 2014 with the HC, and letting him win meaningless games costing the Jets Winston, or Mariota hope they don't make the same mistake this season.

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

Very good choice, he has played in a game situation for a total of one series this preseason.  Who the hell needs chemistry anyway?

He is quite possibly the worst coach i have ever seen.

Right now, Kotite is puffing on a Cuban and enjoying a cocktail knowing that he has been unseated as the worst HC in Jets history.

riddle me this batman: if you are leaning towards McCown and/or Petty, why start Hack in game 3? let him play clean up to raise his confidence like they did with Petty. Who is going to play game 4 with the scrubs? Hack now? Sorry, I was trying to be patient with Bowles but this decision is not only bad, but if this is where he is, not playing McCown in game 3 and starting Hack just is ridiculous...

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

They are going to wait until the earlier of a McCown injury, implosion or mathematical elimination from the playoffs to start one of the kids.

If that is true, it is just Stupid. Now we know what Mac is getting rid of all of the veterans; he is afraid our idiot coach would start them.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

riddle me this batman: if you are leaning towards McCown and/or Petty, why start Hack in game 3? let him play clean up to raise his confidence like they did with Petty. Who is going to play game 4 with the scrubs? Hack now? Sorry, I was trying to be patient with Bowles but this decision is not only bad, but if this is where he is, not playing McCown in game 3 and starting Hack just is ridiculous...

Riddle me this; will we carry 3 QBs?

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Bowles and the Jets are indescribably short sighted and stupid to allow this to happen.

for YOU! You aren't playing or coaching.  I'd say they are being patient and coaching. It's just not to your and many here liking. I'd say many here are  indescribably short sighted and stupid...But whatever. 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Because they wanted Hack to win the starting job so he was given ample opportunity.  McCown is a veteran who will probably get a few snaps on Thursday and practice with the ones moving forward.  Whatever was said, IMO, Petty was never truly in the running to be the starter.

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think Petty has played very well given the opportunities he's had.  All of his snaps have come against backups and the other issue with Petty is it seems he always gets injured.

What does that tell the rest of the team?  It doesnt mattet how you do in the so called competition, it only matters what you make, or some other diluted thought process the coach has. 

My guess is Petty doesn't play at all on Thursday.  Bowles cannot risk him playing well and creating more embarrassment so he'll superglue his ass to the bench and only let him get practice reps when the press isn't allowed in.  

The kid may flame out when he finally gets his next shot, or he may become mini-Favre, but Bowles is determined that whenever he does get his shot, it won't be with the Jets while he's the HC.  

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

the plan as I see it was to sign mccown as insurance, and give hack every opportunity to seize the job. Petty was never in play for the starters job. I can't say why other than his performance last year or just the GM's lust for Hack.

Mccown has familiarity with this offense, and played a season with bates.  I think they took a gamble that mccown could be ready week 1 with minimal reps, and that opened the door to try to give hack the chance to seize the job

I would expect Hack will get the chance to play the entire game thursday as well

this staff sees petty very differently than the fans do

not just bowles, but the OC and QB coach

Just now, nycdan said:

My guess is Petty doesn't play at all on Thursday.  Bowles cannot risk him playing well and creating more embarrassment so he'll superglue his ass to the bench and only let him get practice reps when the press isn't allowed in.  

Huh? If he had that high an opinion of him and felt like his job was threatened wouldn't he start him then? 

Archived