Film Review: Jets @ Giants Preseason Week 3

joerb31

Thanks for doing this!

For hack's 2nd pick 6 - wasn't that pretty bad ball placement by him?  He led him inside towards the defender, instead of either where Anderson was or outside away from trouble...  Even if Anderson holds on, he still gets clobbered for no reason.

22 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Thanks for doing this!

For hack's 2nd pick 6 - wasn't that pretty bad ball placement by him?  He led him inside towards the defender, instead of either where Anderson was or outside away from trouble...  Even if Anderson holds on, he still gets clobbered for no reason.

I agree. If the db didn't go for the ball but went through Anderson his career may be over right now. 

Great film work as usual, thanks for these.  Stewart and Hansen both look like they are making 'pro football plays and patterns'

Darron Lee , who was supposed to cover people has worse instincts than David Harris or davis.

Hopefully it is the speed of the game that is giving the safeties trouble and they will get up to speed.

The oline against other teams with bad dlines will look 'okay' when they play vs really good players they will get totally abuses.

On 8/29/2017 at 11:10 AM, thshadow said:

Thanks for doing this!

Yea the ball placement was bad and he should have threw the ball much earlier. Hack can't get his receivers killed but at the end of the day Anderson should have caught it

On 8/29/2017 at 0:44 PM, Beerfish said:

Great film work as usual, thanks for these.  Stewart and Hansen both look like they are making 'pro football plays and patterns'

Darron Lee , who was supposed to cover people has worse instincts than David Harris or davis.

Hopefully it is the speed of the game that is giving the safeties trouble and they will get up to speed.

The oline against other teams with bad dlines will look 'okay' when they play vs really good players they will get totally abuses.

Thanks a lot for the compliment! 1. Yes both Hansen and Stewart have definitely been showing up more on film after they had a slow start to training camp. 2. Lee has ability and has been doing much better in the run game but he just has constant mental lapses where he gets too focused on the QB instead of focusing on the WR. 3. Adams has been extremely impressive in putting himself in position to make plays (sometimes is a little slow at reading plays but there was NEVER a rookie who reached full potential in 2 preseason games) but he just needs to work on being more aggressive/not wait for the RB to make their move first and not ankle tackle. Marcus Maye has been extremely impressive but I do want to see him in some cover 2/single high looks to see how he reacts to vertical routes and how he plays them but with that I think they will be the Jets safety duo for years to come. 4. The offensive line from every single play has been dissapointing, not on player has either impressed me or shown me what they showed last year (carp/winters) BUT with that I will say guys like winters struggled immensely last preseason and then went on to have solid years.

Archived