7. Crusher - munching

8. JiF - hallucinating

9. AJ - johnsing

10. CTM - pimping

11. dice - tossing

12. LZM - noobing

13. Dunnie - who the **** knows

Just now, Dunnie said:

i do .. just never played before ... where do i go to play ?

On mobile right now otherwise I'd explain everything.

When the game starts you get a PM with your role. A new thread will be made in this forum for the game. You post there. Ill tell you more when I get on pc.

34 minutes ago, Nolder said:

As much of an a$$hole he is and as much as he often DOESN'T actually put any effort into playing...am I really the only one who has respect for @Pac s gameplay (when he actually bothers to play and not lurk)?

They all do, sparky.

I'm kinda like the best at this..  and when I'm "not trying" I'm trying.  It's advanced mafia.

37 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

i do .. just never played before ... where do i go to play ?

it's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Seems complicated but it's not.. basically you're either one of the small group of bad guys or larger majority of good guys.  every game day everyone votes to lynch a player.

I would suggest following my lead..  I'm like the Aaron Rodgers of mafia around here.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

They all do, sparky.

I'm kinda like the best at this..  and when I'm "not trying" I'm trying.  It's advanced mafia.

Yeah uh huh. :rolleyes:

Credit where it's due but this past year you haven't given an ounce of sh*t in 99% of the games we've played.

Not that I blame you, things haven't changed. Every game they'll still run up every townie and force them to claim by D1 or D2 and give scum a roadmap to victory.

It makes me wonder if despite the advanced level of scumhunting on JN this isn't the reason that scum teams win even as often as they do.

@Dunnie in mafia there are (usually) Two Teams: The Uninformed Majority (Town) and the Informed Minority (Mafia/Scum). If you're Town you only know that you are Town and you don't know who anyone else is and if you're Mafia you get to communicate with your teammates privately. The object of the game is basically for both sides to eliminate each other, although mafia can sometimes win via controlling the vote.

The game is played in two phases: Day and Night.

During the Day players Vote to eliminate one player from the game. When a player receives a simple majority of the votes (ie there are 10 people and one player has 6 votes) they are Lynched and the mod kills their character and reveals to everyone which team they were on and what their role was.

Immediately after the lynch the mod starts the Night phase. During the Night instead of voting to eliminate players with Roles select their targets and the Mafia select which Town member they want to Kill. Some common roles are Doctor (protect a player from being killed), Cop (investigate a player to tell if they are innocent or guilty), and Vigilante (Town aligned Night Killer). There are also some Mafia Roles such as Godfather (appears innocent to Cop investigations) but they are less common. There are also so called Third Party roles which are almost exclusively self aligned meaning you are a one man team. One such Role is a Serial Killer (can Kill at Night). There are countless Roles that are only limited by the imagination so be sure to ask your game mod how complicated of a game you can expect before jumping into some games. Now, back to Night phase and Mafia. So when everyone has selected their targets and the Mafia tell the game mod which person they want to Kill the game mod will announce who died during the Night and reveal their Role to the entire game.

Play continues between Day and Night until there is a winner.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them or if you're more of a figure it out myself kind of guy here's a wiki to explore: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

As much of an a$$hole he is and as much as he often DOESN'T actually put any effort into playing...am I really the only one who has respect for @Pac s gameplay (when he actually bothers to play and not lurk)?

Twas only a joke. Don't get your nightie in a bundle.

Archived