Jump to content

Testy Todd; Bowles Lukewarm on Hackenberg’s Future, Takes Subtle jab at NY Spotlight


JetNation
 Share

Recommended Posts

only real losers can defend bowles mac or hack-they are all terrible-if you are okay with their performance or skill set I wonder what you do in real life that you tolerate and defend such incompetence.

In the real world, you perform or you are gone-companies don't say hey he has only been here for three years give him a chance to get it right

the solution is simple and it is the same one used in business-you pay for top people to come here-you may have to overpay to get them but you do it

Enough with the losers

 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If true that's a problem.

Or, they just know a hell of a lot more than we do.  I know that is difficult for JetNation to accept.  But they obviously don't feel he's a capable starter, or he would have gotten more opportunities, and have been starting.

If Petty could play, he'd be the best decision for the entire coaching staff.  With the current construction of this team, there's no good reason to start McCown except that you think everyone else is dreadful.  Seriously, what is Bowles's motivation to play McCown over Petty?  Getting 5-wins with McCown doesn't save Bowles job, but Petty showing promise just might.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

only real losers can defend bowles mac or hack-they are all terrible-if you are okay with their performance or skill set I wonder what you do in real life that you tolerate and defend such incompetence.

In the real world, you perform or you are gone-companies don't say hey he has only been here for three years give him a chance to get it right

the solution is simple and it is the same one used in business-you pay for top people to come here-you may have to overpay to get them but you do it

Enough with the losers

 

 

Post of the day and so very early too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

As much as I wanted Hackenberg to earn the starting job, he is clearly not even close to being ready and in fact has been embarrassingly bad ( and MAC should be fired for this fact alone, in addition to being completely negligent regarding the most important position on the field and not drafting a QB in 2017 - but that's an argument for another day)  and Petty has definitely been the best QB for the team in training camp and the preseason so far, so starting McCown is as idiotic a move as Ive seen this team make, and that's saying a lot.  In a complete rebuild year, how can they possibly justify to the fan base starting a journeyman QB who has been TERRIBLE over the last 3 years over a 3rd year QB who has shown some signs of improvement and growth this preseason.  I am so disgusted that I really don't even ant to watch the games, but I will because I will need an outlet for my disgust and rage. 

Starting McCown at QB is pure ineptitude. This is Bozos run things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Or, they just know a hell of a lot more than we do.  I know that is difficult for JetNation to accept.  But they obviously don't feel he's a capable starter, or he would have gotten more opportunities, and have been starting.

If Petty could play, he'd be the best decision for the entire coaching staff.  With the current construction of this team, there's no good reason to start McCown except that you think everyone else is dreadful.  Seriously, what is Bowles's motivation to play McCown over Petty?  Getting 5-wins with McCown doesn't save Bowles job, but Petty showing promise just might.

Because Bowles history has shown he will always favor the Veteran period stop!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Well, he could say something along the lines of, "If Christian keeps putting in the work and shows continued growth and improvement, I don't see why he can't be a starter in this league"

 

 

Because he would then be asked every week is he ready to start now. 

The amount of critiquing, in some ways obsession, parsing of every word and anger over Hack / Bowles is frightening. 

This article is nothing short of Mehta, Hughes, Cimini, TMZ quality. Congrats! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, kmnj said:

only real losers can defend bowles mac or hack-they are all terrible-if you are okay with their performance or skill set I wonder what you do in real life that you tolerate and defend such incompetence.

In the real world, you perform or you are gone-companies don't say hey he has only been here for three years give him a chance to get it right

the solution is simple and it is the same one used in business-you pay for top people to come here-you may have to overpay to get them but you do it

Enough with the losers

 

 

Only losers would go into a game playing like and wanting to lose. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Because he would then be asked every week is he ready to start now. 

The amount of critiquing, in some ways obsession, parsing of every word and anger over Hack / Bowles is frightening. 

This article is nothing short of Mehta, Hughes, Cimini, TMZ quality. Congrats! 

 

I've been saying that for a while now. People criticize these beat writers then write the same speculative articles they do.  News is supposed to be about what happened or is happening, not what you think will happened. That stuff goes on another page in the paper under a different heading .

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

I've been saying that for a while now. People criticize these beat writers then write the same speculative articles they do.  News is supposed to be about what happened or is happening, not what you think will happened. That stuff goes on another page in the paper under a different heading .

Well said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

What, in your view and considering this roster, would a good coach look like this season?

Good clock management; Still making mistakes.

Good offensive game planning; Why play games with the OL when you have a very green QB like Hack starting? To evaluate the OL? Spare me.

How about a little emotion on the sidelines? This guy acts like a robot.

His handling of the QB's was not good by any measurement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

and in fact he was right...in this media market fans are so demanding and THIRSTY it doesnt matter when the qb was picked...1 rd pick or 4th round pick, fans are demanding they play despite the fact that there is a real difference in the talent of a 1st rd pick and everywhere else in the draft...should a 2nd round pick contribute and play in his 2nd year? damn right...should the same standard be applied to QB's that is applies to every position on the field? no 

Bowles blames the fans, media or NY in general for expecting Hackenberg to be treated as though he was a 1st round pick but he should blame the prior regime.  They started this phenomenon with the way they treated Geno.  Remember the "competition" [wink wink] between Geno and Mark that was "so close" that required Mark, the experienced vet, be inserted late in a meaninglessness pre-season game?  Then Mark is eventually cut and is Geno was awarded the job the next year w/o ever really earning it.  The masses was not clamoring for Nagle and Clemens; the organization just recently set that precedent.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

Bowles is clueless. We will be seeing more evidence of that week 1 to 16.

IMO Bowles should have been fired first thing this off-season (it would have been mercy for him), and Macc's choice of HC should have been hired for the re-build.

With that said I can't help feeling sorry for Bowles.  He seems like a nice enough guy who is just way over his head as a HC.  He's not a NYC kind of guy, and just has no polish dealing with the NY media.  This is going to be a nightmare year for him if the season goes the way it it appears to be going.  I wouldn't be stunned to see him resign if the Jets open 0-8 or something along those lines.  The Bills might might save him from that, but it's going to be ugly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Because he would then be asked every week is he ready to start now. 

The amount of critiquing, in some ways obsession, parsing of every word and anger over Hack / Bowles is frightening. 

This article is nothing short of Mehta, Hughes, Cimini, TMZ quality. Congrats! 

 

They're going to ask that whenever they want to either way.  Offering a vote of confidence would have changed nothing.

Edited by AFJF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

there is nothing wrong with what he said...this is just pot stirring

I don't have a problem with what he said at all either. The treatment of Petty isn't borderline criminal, this is two coordinators in a row that don't think his upside is all that high.

Gone is Rex and actually telling the media what he feels. I have no problem with how Bowles is speaking to the media.

They don't need to know what he really feels. It will all play out on the field and it is Todd's job that hangs in the balance based in the decisions that he makes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Maxman said:

I don't have a problem with what he said at all either. The treatment of Petty isn't borderline criminal, this is two coordinators in a row that don't think his upside is all that high.

Gone is Rex and actually telling the media what he feels. I have no problem with how Bowles is speaking to the media.

They don't need to know what he really feels. It will all play out on the field and it is Todd's job that hangs in the balance based in the decisions that he makes.

 

Let's not paint Rex as Mr honest. Let's not forget he said "Gholston is coming". And I always thought fans criticism of Rex is he built every player up as a HOF and every team is going to win the SB  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, kmnj said:

only real losers can defend bowles mac or hack-they are all terrible-if you are okay with their performance or skill set I wonder what you do in real life that you tolerate and defend such incompetence.

In the real world, you perform or you are gone-companies don't say hey he has only been here for three years give him a chance to get it right

the solution is simple and it is the same one used in business-you pay for top people to come here-you may have to overpay to get them but you do it

Enough with the losers

 

 

This is garbage. Yeah allowed to have your opinion but blasting others is not cool.

I'm willing to let this season play out and judge the regime at the end of the year. If I posted my resume I doubt you would call me a loser.

That's complete garbage.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, varjet said:

Bowles has not overwhelmed me,  but I think at this point Mac has been more inept.  

The problem is that will this sh*tty "rebuilding" roster and zero expectations for 2017 give either or both of these clowns a free pass.  If ownership is paying attention, they should both be fired one second after the 2017 season ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I've been saying that for a while now. People criticize these beat writers then write the same speculative articles they do.  News is supposed to be about what happened or is happening, not what you think will happened. That stuff goes on another page in the paper under a different heading .

Just want to chime in on how we do things here. We have categories for all of our articles. Glenn filled this one appropriately under features editorials.

We don't do opinions in any Jets news articles.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Let's not paint Rex as Mr honest. Let's not forget he said "Gholston is coming". And I always thought fans criticism of Rex is he built every player up as a HOF and every team is going to win the SB  

 

Sadly for him, he was being honest but that's another thing all together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

 Well said. 

That is the reason why @KRL's camp reports are so well written and great . That guy tells us exactly what he see . At the end of his reports he tells us who he thinks had a great day based on what he saw.  If he has something he wants to say that he thinks could be, he makes another thread and tells us what he think, but he doesn't act like it's written in stone .

These folks take what these folks say, and if it fits whatever agenda they're pushing, repeat it as Gospel .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The team, not just Bowles, didn't even give Petty a chance to compete.  I don't know why that is, but I'm sure they do.  So, Petty was never a consideration.

By no means am I a supporter of the HC and GM. They are both appear to have been promoted above their abilities.

However regarding Petty, as you put it, not being given a chance he did in fact see a decent amount of live action last season and failed to impress.(and got hurt)

Does that mean he shouldnt be starting opening day?  I dont really know TBH but personally I think his ceiling has been realized and it is as a back up in the league so why lose sleep over this.

Plus as others have stated McCown will get hurt. He has that history and Petty will be in the line up sooner or later.

I think if Petty goes down they will probably sign someone off the street rather than insert Hackenberg. He is that bad.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Macc has left the Jets in worse shape 3 years in. Presidents lose elections for leaving the economy (a much bigger and infinitely more complex endeavor to influence) in worst shape after only 4 years. With the likely top pick in the draft and a boatload of cap space, the Jets ability to land a true big time HC will never be higher. The confluence of these two events means (hopefully) we bring in Harbaugh or a Gruden and hand over the keys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

One thing about bowles seems to be that if he likes you you can get away with a lot and if he decides he does not like you early you are doomed.  He will never change his mind.

So... he's a woman? ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just want to chime in on how we do things here. We have categories for all of our articles. Glenn filled this one appropriately under features editorials.

We don't do opinions in any Jets news articles.

Max, everyone including me, writes from a personal feeling perspective . The trick is to try and do your best to be objective . Objectivity means seeing things from different angles.  I can tell you that Todd Bowles has  issues as a HC, but I would not go as far as calling the man stupid.  How does a stupid person advance as far as this man has in his profession .  It offends me reading some of the comments around here about people personally, but you hopefully don't read me attacking anyone .

Believe me, I get it, being a fan of the Jets can be an experience, but respect is just a mindset .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just want to chime in on how we do things here. We have categories for all of our articles. Glenn filled this one appropriately under features editorials.

We don't do opinions in any Jets news articles.

Max, everyone including me, writes from a personal feeling perspective . The trick is to try and do your best to be objective . Objectivity means seeing things from different angles.  I can tell you that Todd Bowles has  issues as a HC, but I would not go as far as calling the man stupid.  How does a stupid person advance as far as this man has in his profession .  It offends me reading some of the comments around here about people personally, but you hopefully don't read me attacking anyone .

Believe me, I get it, being a fan of the Jets can be an experience, but respect is just a mindset .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

there is nothing wrong with what he said...this is just pot stirring

There is one thing that's quite concerning... regarding whether Hackenberg should start or not after being the 51st pick: 

Leberfeld: Do you think there are too many people making too big a deal about the 51st pick in the draft not playing yet? He was not a top-five first round pick.

Bowles: Not my call or my concern.

Not his call?  What's not his call?  Who starts at QB?  or the opinions of those calling to start Hack?  "Not my call" seems suspiciously like he's been playing the puppet to someone else's personnel decisions.  Mac? Woody?  Hmmm...perhaps Bowles is annoyed because he's just a figure head with no real decision-making authority when it comes to the QBs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

There is one thing that's quite concerning... regarding whether Hackenberg should start or not after being the 51st pick: 

Leberfeld: Do you think there are too many people making too big a deal about the 51st pick in the draft not playing yet? He was not a top-five first round pick.

Bowles: Not my call or my concern.

Not his call?  What's not his call?  Who starts at QB?  or the opinions of those calling to start Hack?  "Not my call" seems suspiciously like he's been playing the puppet to someone else's personnel decisions.  Mac? Woody?  Hmmm...perhaps Bowles is annoyed because he's just a figure head with no real decision-making authority when it comes to the QBs.  

 i took it as, "too many people making too big a deal about the 51st pick in the draft not playing yet"  He cant control what other people think/write..And he doesn't give a sh*t

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

Good clock management; Still making mistakes.

Good offensive game planning; Why play games with the OL when you have a very green QB like Hack starting? To evaluate the OL? Spare me.

How about a little emotion on the sidelines? This guy acts like a robot.

His handling of the QB's was not good by any measurement.

Agreed on clock management, an area I think it is justified to criticize him for.  I also would criticize him for being far too conservative.

Good offensive game planning is typically judged by the outcome, and we don't have the horses for a favorable outcome.

Who cares about emotion on the sideline, Belichick rarely shows any?

I think he handled the QB situation as well as possible, considering the QBs.  They all suck.  There was no good plan, because every outcome was a bad one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...