The Jets will start 1 and 0

Maxman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win when McCown gets injured in the first 5 minutes and Petty plays well then this board will be alight with joyful loins. If they win and McCown game managed his way there then this place will probably just be a boring lamentation of Jet fandom.

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They are winning the opener in Buffalo. Just want to give a little perspective to all the tank fans out there.

Not happening.

Your probably right.  They'll win 5 games, miss all the good QB's , re-sign Fitz, or maybe Smith after the Giants cut him.

Sounds about right the Bills have suffered enough since Kelly

I think it's entirely possible they beat the Bills, who also suck and are also quietly (less obviously than the Jets, that is) tanking. I hope that isn't the case, however, because winning games like this is how we cost ourselves Darnold.

Both Bills games, Jags at home, @ Browns. These are the games we really don't want to win.

The Bills smoke us in a number of areas of the depth chart, if the jets are going to win the places we have the edge have to be tremendous.  They kill us in oline and RB.  TE and WR they may have a slight edge  or a push.  Their dline and lbs are not as strong on the inside but far better as outside rushers.  secondaries are probably a push.  They can actually protect their Qb if they have to start peterman by a great running game and oline.

I agree that they are winning the first game but there is no way with this schedule that we reach 8 wins so here is my philosophy this year: 

If McCown plays and the team wins - I'm pissed. If Petty plays and the team wins - I'm happy. If Hackenberg plays and the team wins - I'm surprised but happy. 

If McCown plays and the team loses - I'm fine the team lost and mad that a young QB didn't get experience. If Petty or Hack plays and the team loses - I'm cool with it. 

So help me if the Bills end up getting the best QB in the draft and end up owning the AFCE after Brady retires and we don't because this coaching staff played McCown for 8 games.

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think it's entirely possible they beat the Bills, who also suck and are also quietly (less obviously than the Jets, that is) tanking. I hope that isn't the case, however, because winning games like this is how we cost ourselves Darnold.

Both Bills games, Jags at home, @ Browns. These are the games we really don't want to win.

Bills are MUCH more obviously tanking at this point. I am not sure we really will win any games regardless of QB with out OL, and such young receivers.

11 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

So help me if the Bills end up getting the best QB in the draft and end up owning the AFCE after Brady retires and we don't because this coaching staff played McCown for 8 games.

Quite a strong possibility as the Bills I think DO want to suck for a season and get Darnold or whoever emerges as best QB. Keep in mind we won 5 games with a team that is MUCH better on paper, though

Bills are MUCH more obviously tanking at this point. I am not sure we really will win any games regardless of QB with out OL, and such young receivers.

I mean the Jets cut every player on the team who anybody's heard of. Became pretty blatant when they cut Harris and Decker... Bills are trading young decent players for assets but I'd say it's a more subtle tank. The Jets basically cut anyone who would save them money and intentionally went into the season with garbage at QB.

But I agree. This offense is going to be so bad I don't think we can be out tanked.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

54 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I wonder if they win that game if the "fans" that post hear will bitch?

It's a catch 22. If the Jets win the game fans will get mad because they are suppose to be tanking. But in the preseason, while the team looks like it won't be able to compete, many of those same fans are complaining about not having a competitive team....it is what it is

It could happen.  Or the Bills, a team that owned the Jets for a handful of years before last season's Jet sweep, will decide to beat an inferior team at home on opening day....

Barring two kick returns for TDs by Chad Morton, while possible, seems unlikely to me.

The first team jets in the preseason was never really great...well maybe the defence in the first game. I think it all depends what jets starters shows up. The team that got blown up by the Giants and Lions or the serviceable team that held its own against the Titans.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

56 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's a catch 22. If the Jets win the game fans will get mad because they are suppose to be tanking. But in the preseason, while the team looks like it won't be able to compete, many of those same fans are complaining about not having a competitive team....it is what it is

Catch-22, a perfect description!

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

It's possible for sure. I also think they will get their doors blown off by Oakland and mccown will get injured in that game.

I never wish an injury on any player. But a McCown injury is only a matter of when.

Every young QB on the roster will get a chance this season.

" Welcome to opening day here in Sunny Buffalo" "We are expecting a humdinger of a ball game from these AFC east rivals" " The Jets send out Josh " your still in the F-ing league?" McCown and the Bills send out Josh "I'm afraid of ghost towns" Peterman. For Da coin flip. 

IMG_1706.GIF

I was hoping the Bills were going to cut Tyrod and we would sign him. I think he will give our D problems. They have never played well against a mobile Qb. But it will be interesting to see just how McCown manages an offense without many experienced skill players. I think the O-line will be the key. And I hope we don't get rid of Forte. Not much in weapons after him and Bilal. 

Archived