Jets Shopping Sheldon...Again

southtown24th

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for trading Sheldon, but clearly no one really wants him, at least not for the price that Mac is asking for. They're probably better off hoping Sheldon plays dominantly this season and they trade him before the trade deadline to a playoff fringe team looking for someone to put their defense over the edge.

It's definitely worth a shot.  While Sheldon has a chance of increasing his value based on his play this year, the Jets would definitely be hitting FA too hard to get a comp pick, tag and trades are extremely rare in the NFL these days, and keeping him beyond this year shouldn't even be a thought in their minds.  If they get an even respectable offer for him now, they have every reason to pull the trigger on it.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Keep Sheldon, Trade Mo.  Sheldon's immature, but at least he tries.

He's trying because he wants to get paid.  Mo having a down year recovering from a broken leg isn't the same as not trying. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

He's trying because he wants to get paid.  Mo having a down year recovering from a broken leg isn't the same as not trying. 

I can get people being unhappy with how Wilk has performed on his new contract to date, but Richardson is one of the least trustworthy guys I could think of to give a new contract.  This is the same guy who was motivating Mo to hold out, and was doing all of the stupid sh*t along with Mo, on top of his own stupid antics and multiple suspensions.  A new contract to Sheldon is a suckers bet.  If anything, anyone unhappy with Mo's contract should want the team to learn from it.

If Dallas was offering a 2 last season, get 'em back to the table and say you'll take a 2 that becomes a 1 if Sheldon makes the pro bowl.  Hell, make that type of offer to anyone.  Even if somebody offers a 3, you ask that it becomes a 1 with pro bowl appearance or if he plays 80% or more of snaps and team makes post-season.

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I can get people being unhappy with how Wilk has performed on his new contract to date, but Richardson is one of the least trustworthy guys I could think of to give a new contract.  This is the same guy who was motivating Mo to hold out, and was doing all of the stupid sh*t along with Mo, on top of his own stupid antics and multiple suspensions.  A new contract to Sheldon is a suckers bet.  If anything, anyone unhappy with Mo's contract should want the team to learn from it.

Perhaps Sheldon and Mo would do better apart.

I had a friend like that once. Teacher always tried to keep us separated.

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

Mo was considered to be a potential dog prior to the draft.  This is not new.

18 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Richardson may be a loose cannon off the field but he's never short on effort on it.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Perhaps Sheldon and Mo would do better apart.

I had a friend like that once. Teacher always tried to keep us separated.

You never know.  Given Mo's contract, which no team will be looking to take on and give anything of value in return, it's worthwhile for the Jets to give him another shot.  I see no similar motivation to keep Sheldon, if anyone is willing to trade for him.  If they make that work, you'll get that year of separation and they can get a clearer picture of what they want to (try to) do with him next year.  If Mo hadn't gotten the deal, and was just tagged again this year, it would be a different discussion.

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You never know.  Given Mo's contract, which no team will be looking to take on and give anything of value in return, it's worthwhile for the Jets to give him another shot.  I see no similar motivation to keep Sheldon, if anyone is willing to trade for him.  If they make that work, you'll get that year of separation and they can get a clearer picture of what they want to (try to) do with him next year.  If Mo hadn't gotten the deal, and was just tagged again this year, it would be a different discussion.

Agreed with you there. I'm in the keep Mo and trade Sheldon corner.

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

Richardson may be a loose cannon off the field but he's never short on effort on it.

Even if there was supposed effort, Richardson did about as much as Wilk last year.  Unlike 2015, the numbers say the LB excuse doesn't really hold water for last year, regardless of how much he wants to deflect the blame.  I'm not even defending Mo, I have no problem if they're both gone by this time next year, but Sheldon has shown very little reason to trust with money.

Typical Jets incompetence, which started signing Mo over SNacKs. Now you have a bottleneck and have to try and get rid of your most talented DLinemem bc the other guy at the same position who's not as good and older makes too much money. All when you could of had the right pieces in place with Williams/Snacks/Richardson...

50 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Keep Sheldon, Trade Mo.  Sheldon's immature, but at least he tries.

LMAO. I'm sure it will be easy for Macc to find a team who can take on his humongous cap hit a week before the season. Maybe we can get a team to give us a 1st round pick for Skrine while we are dreaming about things that can never happen. 

45 minutes ago, Pac said:

Guy was not trying, leg or no leg injury.

I'd sooner keep Sheldon, and cut Mo's ass at the end of the year.

Ten sacks min for a 17 million dollar per year contract. 

Maybe it's me but doesn't anyone else feel like if you show good effort your out type mentality... Richardson is having a great preseason TRADE HIM NOW. McDougle playing well through camp and the first couple games damn him trade him now!

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived