### Jets \ Eagles -- Preseason Week Four, Game Thread ###

Maxman

It is game day. The final preseason game, before the Jets start what will be a magical season. Expectations are low and that is when the Jets do their best.

Josh McCown is the starting QB, but for how long? Thursday night football at Metlife will provide more answers, who is the backup QB?

Who is going to be the edge rusher? Are the rookie safeties ready?

Are you ready for some football?

Let's go Jets!!!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is game day. The final preseason game, before the Jets start what will be a magical season. Expectations are low and that is when the Jets do their best.

Josh McCown is the starting QB, but for how long? Thursday night football at Metlife will provide more answers, who is the backup QB?

Let's go Jets!!!

Hi boss, happy game day. Uhh, errr, you spelled marginal wrong. 

I think the smart strategy will be to play the offensive starters (reward from more practice is greater than injury risk) but rest the defensive ones who are guaranteed roster spots.

Mauldin has to be either cut or IR'd.  What a mess.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

1) Josh McCown is the starting QB, but for how long? 2) Thursday night football at Metlife will provide more answers, who is the backup QB?

3) Who is going to be the edge rusher? 4) Are the rookie safeties ready?

5) Are you ready for some football?

Let's go Jets!!!

1) Until he dies.

2) Hackenberg. Because 2nd round.

3) No one. They all suck.

4) No, but they'll start anyway.

5) Always! **** YEAH!!!!!!!!

46 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1) Until he dies.

2) Hackenberg. Because 2nd round.

3) No one. They all suck.

4) No, but they'll start anyway.

5) Always! **** YEAH!!!!!!!!

I don't think Bowles and Macc would jeopardize their jobs by hiding a guy they took in the 4th round to play a guy they took in the 2nd round. If either of those guys are any good, they will play. But I am not buying any conspiracy, a 4th round QB being great makes them all look better. Everyone loves an underdog.

Petty and Hack will both get their chances. Petty will have to play better than he did last year and he will have to stay healthy. If he did both of those things the job would already be his and they wouldn't have had to bring in a top gun like McCown lol.

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't think Bowles and Macc would jeopardize their jobs by hiding a guy they took in the 4th round to play a guy they took in the 2nd round. If either of those guys are any good, they will play. But I am not buying any conspiracy, a 4th round QB being great makes them all look better. Everyone loves an underdog.

Petty and Hack will both get their chances. Petty will have to play better than he did last year and he will have to stay healthy. If he did both of those things the job would already be his and they wouldn't have had to bring in a top gun like McCown lol.

Agree to disagree, but I hope I'm wrong about that. Do we know who's QB'ing tonight? That could be telling. If Petty plays tonight, then I believe that means he is not the backup, and that they don't expect him to play until later this season after both McCown and Hack either are injured or sh*t the bed.

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

1. Josh McCown will start for 1 perhaps 2 drives.

2. Petty hurt his knee, Hackenberg comes in next and plays the bulk of the remainder of the game.

3. Kony Ealy

4. The rookie safties will be ready to rock!

5. YES!!!

Heading out to the game tonight!!

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Agree to disagree, but I hope I'm wrong about that. Do we know who's QB'ing tonight? That could be telling. If Petty plays tonight, then I believe that means he is not the backup, and that they don't expect him to play until later this season after both McCown and Hack either are injured or sh*t the bed.

It will play itself out. Like I said Petty could have nailed the job down last year, he didn't. He is young and had a good camp and a great game the other night. Petty and Hack will both get a chance.

But I just don't see what the staff has to gain by hiding Petty if they thought he was better. Doesn't make sense to me.

Just now, Maxman said:

It will play itself out. Like I said Petty could have nailed the job down last year, he didn't. He is young and had a good camp and a great game the other night. Petty and Hack will both get a chance.

But I just don't see what the staff has to gain by hiding Petty if they thought he was better. Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think it's so much that it's beneficial to hide Petty, but more detrimental if the Hack pick looks like a waste. Which is why they want to give him more playing time over Petty.

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't think it's so much that it's beneficial to hide Petty, but more detrimental if the Hack pick looks like a waste. Which is why they want to give him more playing time over Petty.

Well if either of them can play, the Jets need to put them out there. The answer to both might be no. But these guys are coaching for their jobs so I don't see agendas keeping a more talented player off the field. Especially since Bowles doesn't get graded on the draft, Macc does. 

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well if either of them can play, the Jets need to put them out there. The answer to both might be no. But these guys are coaching for their jobs so I don't see agendas keeping a more talented player off the field. Especially since Bowles doesn't get graded on the draft, Macc does. 

Agreed, except I think one of them should go out there regardless of if they can play. They'll either prove to be the guy, or they'll put us in a good position to draft the next guy. McCown doesn't help us with either of those scenarios.

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/903377401937367040

CB Morris Claiborne, RB Matt Forte, RB/KR Marcus Murphy, T Ben Ijalana, TE Eric Tomlinson and TE Jason Vander Laan are OUT tonight for #Jets

I heard on SiriusXM NFL Radio that several teams are looking for tackles.  Just saying.

A few of these names are injured.  A few of them may be on ice.

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

I'm usually a pessimistic dark sider until right before kick-off on opening day.  The optimism lasts until the first turnover or bonehead coaching decision, then I snap out of hit.

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

McCown's the starter until he's injured. But if things go south they will go to Petty next. Maybe Hack in Dec.

Archived