Sheldon Traded

AFJF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gEYno said:

We are a worse football team today than we were yesterday.  And that's hard to imagine.

Sheldon's forthcoming outhouse to penthouse comments should be fun to read though.

Given the way he's been misused the last couple years I don't know that the loss will be that great.  Kony's strip sack last night looked pretty good to me.  Revitalized Mo, Leo being Leo..  I think we'll be fine.  Not to mention Kearse may be a decidedly mediocre receiver but at least he has experience.

Kearse can't be too thrilled though.  Can't wait to hear how "excited" he is about the opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

In Richardson-Kearse trade, Jets are getting Seahawks' 2018 second-round pick and teams also swapping 7th-round picks, per source.

@Pac So, did we just swap practically a sixth round pick for practically an 8th round pick?

Great that we got the 2nd though.  Kearse is irrelevant.

Will be rooting against Seattle this year!

Looks like good deal, get something of value for Richardson.  Never made sense to have Richardson, Wilk, and Williams, forcing one out of position.  Would've rather dealt Wilk but impossible with contract foolishly gave him last offseason.  Looks like a good move to make best out of circumstances Macc created.

Wilkes contract was in no way bad. We gave him basically a 2 year prove it deal coming off a season as the best player on the team. This trade is a great deal for us ... the smoker was going to demand way more than his value next year and walk anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Pac said:

Given the way he's been misused the last couple years I don't know that the loss will be that great.  Kony's strip sack last night looked pretty good to me.  Revitalized Mo, Leo being Leo..  I think we'll be fine.  Not to mention Kearse may be a decidedly mediocre receiver but at least he has experience.

Kearse can't be too thrilled though.  Can't wait to hear how "excited" he is about the opportunity. 

"They got a young talented guy there in Christian Hackenberg, who's only going to get better!" 

"A lot of people are writing this team off, but we're going to surprise some people"

"They are definitely not tanking"

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And why does that matter in 2017? Are you a disgruntled season ticker holder? 

Because, I don't think losing one of our best players at 26 is a good thing.

I'm glad we got the 2nd though.  I'm hoping we can improve upon Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg.

As much as I hate to see superstar players leave the NY Jets this might actually turn out to be a good deal for us. 

Robbie Anderson is not a #1 WR and the WR corps basically sucked, adding Kearse changes all that hopefully we can add another decent WR as well and improve the offense. 

Good luck Sheldon Richardson. 

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

This thread is hysterical. From "Mac should be fired" to "Mac is a genius" in getting Kearse and a draft pick. 

He is by no means a genius as he could have got more if he had traded him earlier i think but getting what he got was okay and Richardson is going to look like a beat in Seattle

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Because, I don't think losing one of our best players at 26 is a good thing.

I'm glad we got the 2nd though.  I'm hoping we can improve upon Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg.

We'll use it to draft Darnold some weapons. No worries. 

I never thought we could get a #2, thinking we'd be lucky to get a 3 and settle for a 4.  This is a great deal.  Kearse is a throw in but quickly becomes our best WR.  Finally a deal we can like.  Sheldon could eventually turn into the monster he should have been here but it's irrelevant, we needed to move him and his locker room presence..  

jets always find a way to get worse not better

a simple question does this make us better or worse? answer is worse and it is not close

Woody should return my psl funds-he is not committed to winning or putting the best team on the field

It is shocking how this team is getting rid of every ounce of talent on the roster-our gm has turned this into maybe the worst team that will ever step on a NFL field

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

@Pac So, did we just swap practically a sixth round pick for practically an 8th round pick?

Great that we got the 2nd though.  Kearse is irrelevant.

Will be rooting against Seattle this year!

Not necessarily. Has experience in WCO from his college days;

Kearse is a second-round talent, but he has been the beneficiary of many receptions in a West Coast offense over the years where he has been the go-to 'Z' receiver who sits in many of the zones waiting for a look in route progression.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jermaine-kearse?id=2532887     http://www.

Archived