Sheldon Traded

AFJF

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

I really think that the reason why Jermaine Kearse was in the deal was $$$ for Seattle (plus our obvious need for an experienced WR).  By taking Kearse in addition to the 2 -- it cleared $2MM cap space for Seattle so there was no need for Sheldon to redo his contract.  Deal makes sense for both sides.

He is going to beast out in Seattle then he will get a huge contract and buy a faster car, and a bigger gun. 

If he doesn't get kicked out of the NFL I can easily see him gaining 50 lbs as well. Either way I would never give him any guaranteed money. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which levels? 

Got back a second for a player on the verge of a season long suspension in the last year of his contract. Jettisoned a me first attitude in the locker room. All with little affect on our team as our DL is incredibly deep.

wait till you see what he demands next year ... it's going to be a bad joke.

A+ trade.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

High maintenance, no doubt, but we'll see what he does in Seattle.

He is going to be fantastic in Seattle, just as he would have been if he had stayed here.  I've said for the last two years the Jets are totally f'ed with this guy and in a no wins situation.  He is smart enough to see ho Mo Wilk played it, he will have a huge year this year, get paid and then check out or get suspended.

If he stayed and had a big year everyone and their dog would be yelling for us to sign him long term for big dollars which is the exact wrong move.

We get rid of the character issue, we get a pick, and we have some very good young dlineman behind him.  This was a good mover by the Jets

24 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

IT'S OFFICIAL THE JETS MADE A GREAT TRADE:

Dumb trade.

I need to know, did Wilkerson f*ck and chuck his mother or something?  Clearly he's pissed he's gotta deal with Mo for a lot longer now.  He's been ripping Mo and advocating for Sheldon for almost 2-3 years now.  It's gotten old and stupid.  Maybe we found one of Mehta's last standing "anonymous sources"

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Got the two as the incentive to eat Kearse's contract, but who cares, really. Kearse stinks and Seattle is laughing at the Jets about as much as they were when we hired Idzik away from them. This is a case where Maccagnan had to remove yet another player from the locker room who Todd Bowles couldn't handle. 

I know you are usually unreasonable but finding a way to fault this trade is boarding on asinine. We got a 2 for a guy who in 6 months was walking and we would get NOTHING for....nada, zip, ZERO, no comp pick...ZILTCH. 

So basically he got something where we were sure to get NOTHING and you think that's a bad thing? Every time you say something that give you credibility you turn around and come back with stuff like this that shows your agenda clouds your judgement. 

The fact that the Jets got a 2nd for Sheldon automatically makes it a successful trade on our part. He's an expiring with a decent amount on the last year of his contract, plus he's 1 **** up away from a year long suspension. If you told me we'd get anything higher than a 4th for him, I'd laugh.

Plus the Jets don't need him. We already gave big money to Wilkerson, plus Leonard Williams is gonna get a nice payday in a couple years.

And now we have 9 picks (4 in the 1st 3 rounds) and 80-90 mil in cap space. Great situation for a rebuilding team

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

It's not legal in the NFL.  He takes another puff and he's gone for 10 games

During whatever time they're conducting tests anyway...

They don't do drug tests all year round. You really have to be a schmuck to get caught doing it.

1 minute ago, Tony MaC said:

They don't do drug tests all year round. You really have to be a schmuck to get caught doing it.

I worked with a guy whose cousin is on the Panthers. Apparently, they get a HUGE heads-up that tests are coming. 

3 minutes ago, King P said:

The fact that the Jets got a 2nd for Sheldon automatically makes it a successful trade on our part. He's an expiring with a decent amount on the last year of his contract, plus he's 1 **** up away from a year long suspension. If you told me we'd get anything higher than a 4th for him, I'd laugh.

Plus the Jets don't need him. We already gave big money to Wilkerson, plus Leonard Williams is gonna get a nice payday in a couple years.

And now we have 9 picks (4 in the 1st 3 rounds) and 80-90 mil in cap space. Great situation for a rebuilding team

If they don't screw up the tank they are in good shape. :)

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Another fun fact: The Jets have had 13 first round picks over the last 10 drafts. Only 3 of them are on the team right now. This includes Adams.

Here are the Patriots 1st round picks siince 1999 only 4 are on their roster (Mccourty, Solder, Hightower & Brown)

The  notion that this only happens to the Jets is comical.

17 Damien Woody C Boston College [31]
28 Andy Katzenmoyer LB Ohio State [32]
2000 No pick [33]
2001 6 Richard Seymour DT Georgia  
2002 21 Daniel Graham TE Colorado [34]
2003 13 Ty Warren DT Texas A&M [35]
2004 21 Vince Wilfork DT Miami (FL) [36]
32 Benjamin Watson TE Georgia  
2005 32 Logan Mankins OG Fresno State  
2006 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota  
2007 24 Brandon Meriweather S Miami (FL) [37]
2008 10 Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee [38]
2009 No pick [39]
2010 27 Devin McCourty CB/S Rutgers [40]
2011 17 Nate Solder OT Colorado  
2012 21 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse  
25 Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama  
2013 No pick  
2014 29 Dominique Easley DT Florida  
2015 32 Malcom Brown DT Texas  
2016 No pick [41]
2017 No pick

[42]

All people do is whine about how great the browns are for getting picks and how smart their rebuilding plan is........there was just a thread about mac not getting picks the other day...and now he does EXACTLY what people complained he doesnt do (trade an expiring player for a high pick) and the whining continues.............

Unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

So apparently this guy is an ESPN radio personality who works with John Clayton.  Says the Jets are acquiring WR Jermaine Kearse with multiple other reports saying Jets and Seahawks are working on a deal for Sheldon.  Would imagine it's Sheldon for Kearse and a mid-rounder.

Stupidest trade, this team under Macc, and Bowles just keep getting worse!

5 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Richardson's been caught 4 times.  Once they are busted they can test them anytime they want.  And they do

Archived