Sheldon Traded

AFJF

So we go from "there's no way in hell Mac gets a second for Sheldon.  Reports of second round pick is fake news"

Mac gets a second rounder and a veteran receiver and it's 

"Oh my god, Mac is so stupid for making this deal"

Much hilarity ensues....

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupidest trade, this team under Macc, and Bowles just keep getting worse!

Strongly disagree. Great trade. Got great value for a player who is about to be a FA and we were not resigning him. Got. 2nd rounder, 7th rounder swap, and a 2/3 wr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Here are the Patriots 1st round picks siince 1999 only 4 are on their roster (Mccourty, Solder, Hightower & Brown)

The  notion that this only happens to the Jets is comical.

17 Damien Woody C Boston College [31]
28 Andy Katzenmoyer LB Ohio State [32]
2000 No pick [33]
2001 6 Richard Seymour DT Georgia  
2002 21 Daniel Graham TE Colorado [34]
2003 13 Ty Warren DT Texas A&M [35]
2004 21 Vince Wilfork DT Miami (FL) [36]
32 Benjamin Watson TE Georgia  
2005 32 Logan Mankins OG Fresno State  
2006 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota  
2007 24 Brandon Meriweather S Miami (FL) [37]
2008 10 Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee [38]
2009 No pick [39]
2010 27 Devin McCourty CB/S Rutgers [40]
2011 17 Nate Solder OT Colorado  
2012 21 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse  
25 Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama  
2013 No pick  
2014 29 Dominique Easley DT Florida  
2015 32 Malcom Brown DT Texas  
2016 No pick [41]
2017 No pick

[42]

I wonder what the difference is between the situations.

Just now, flgreen said:

Richardson's been caught 4 times.  Once they are busted they can test them anytime they want.  And they do

Ah, I see. The rues around pot have got to change in a league with this many players who can actually use it for its best purposes. But that's an argument for another day...

21 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

No more guaranteed $. 

Seattle saves $1.83 million in dead cap in 2018 were they to cut him then -- a very likely scenario based on who they have at WR now.  Unloading his $2.2 million 2017 salary offsets about 25% of Richardsons money for this season.  Prudent move for Seattle to move a guy they did not want/need for financial reasons.

5 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

All people do is whine about how great the browns are for getting picks and how smart their rebuilding plan is........there was just a thread about mac not getting picks the other day...and now he does EXACTLY what people complained he doesnt do (trade an expiring player for a high pick) and the whining continues.............

Unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So we go from "there's no way in hell Mac gets a second for Sheldon.  Reports of second round pick is fake news"

Mac gets a second rounder and a veteran receiver and it's 

"Oh my god, Mac is so stupid for making this deal"

Much hilarity ensues....

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm going to hazard a guess that the people complaining about Maccagnan not getting more picks and the people complaining about this deal are two entirely different groups of people.

47 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He would have walked away for nothing after a 4 win season, lol, and we still have people complaining? I don't get this fan base, Sheldon Richardson is a bad influence on a rebuilding young team. He's a tremendous football player but a complete jerk! A guy like Belichick would probably have cut him after his 120 MPH fun ride, smoking weed with a 12 year old in the car.

Good riddance, we would have sucked with him or without him. Keep your eye on the prize Jet fans & that's a QB in the 2018 draft! Rudolph looked pretty f*cking good man! There's a few guys to watch this year & let's hope we get a shot at one of them. That 2nd could be huge.

Don't bother; it goes against the agenda....

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

All people do is whine about how great the browns are for getting picks and how smart their rebuilding plan is........there was just a thread about mac not getting picks the other day...and now he does EXACTLY what people complained he doesnt do (trade an expiring player for a high pick) and the whining continues.............

Unbelievable. 

Not really.  It's 2 separate groups of people .  The people complaining in the other thread were complaining about Macc asking to much for Mo and Shelly, and unable to get anything done.

The people complaining in this thread are a different group who think Sheldon was going to be an impact player this year, and shouldn't have been traded 

Next year's class is incredibly deep, not just at QB. If we don't screw up the tank, we have a chance to rectify the Idzik 12.

At least We got enunwa out of the idzik 12. Honestly if all we get worth anything from next year's draft is a franchise qb should we even complain? I'd be happy with just that.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm going to hazard a guess that the people complaining about Maccagnan not getting more picks and the people complaining about this deal are two entirely different groups of people.

lol no....same people...in fact one guy I wont call out in one post went on about how mac sucked for this trade and then like 8 post later said it was a good trade and mac did a good job.

I wish people could look at this trade in a vacuum instead of being a deal Mac made.
People are so far in their corner of either liking Mac or hating his guts that it's skewing their viewpoint... This happens with everything in life. Sports, politics... We paint ourselves so far into a corner with a viewpoint that we defend it to the death before we'll let ourselves view it rationally.
Anyway. Pretty good deal I would say. I give it a B+. 

We shipped away a criminal who is one mistake away from a long suspension and on the last year of his contract. He is going to demand more money than the entire cap space to sign with someone. The Seahawks upgraded our receiving core and gave us a second round pick in a deep draft to take a player we made very obvious we didn't even want...what the heck would we have to do for you to give an A?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Not really.  It's 2 separate groups of people .  The people complaining in the other thread were complaining about Macc asking to much for Mo and Shelly, and unable to get anything done.

The people complaining in this thread are a different group who think Sheldon was going to be an impact player this year, and shouldn't have been traded 

uh....no...some people are the same...... @Tomshane says hi

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Here are the Patriots 1st round picks siince 1999 only 4 are on their roster (Mccourty, Solder, Hightower & Brown)

The  notion that this only happens to the Jets is comical.

17 Damien Woody C Boston College [31]
28 Andy Katzenmoyer LB Ohio State [32]
2000 No pick [33]
2001 6 Richard Seymour DT Georgia  
2002 21 Daniel Graham TE Colorado [34]
2003 13 Ty Warren DT Texas A&M [35]
2004 21 Vince Wilfork DT Miami (FL) [36]
32 Benjamin Watson TE Georgia  
2005 32 Logan Mankins OG Fresno State  
2006 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota  
2007 24 Brandon Meriweather S Miami (FL) [37]
2008 10 Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee [38]
2009 No pick [39]
2010 27 Devin McCourty CB/S Rutgers [40]
2011 17 Nate Solder OT Colorado  
2012 21 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse  
25 Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama  
2013 No pick  
2014 29 Dominique Easley DT Florida  
2015 32 Malcom Brown DT Texas  
2016 No pick [41]
2017 No pick

[42]

In fairness to the Pats, it's a bit trickier to hold onto 1st round picks when you keep getting stripped of them.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

It's legal to smoke in Washington state. so he's good.

Wow thats right. Sheldon must be happy as a pig in sh*t.

They got a 3rd rounder for him and Kearse. I'm fine with it. I would have been happy just to get the 3rd rounder for him so I'm good. Kearse must be bummed though. At least he is still getting paid to play. Unless of course he is cut which would not surprise me at all.

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

uh....no...some people are the same...... @Tomshane says hi

In all honesty when the trade first came out it looked like all they got was Kearse.  That's close to just cutting him.  Once the 2nd was announced, it looks like a very good deal

Wow thats right. Sheldon must be happy as a pig in sh*t.
 They got a 3rd rounder for him and Kearse. I'm fine with it. I would have been happy just to get the 3rd rounder for him so I'm good. Kearse must be bummed though. At least he is still getting paid to play. Unless of course he is cut which would not surprise me at all.

2nd rounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

IMG_3828.jpg

After close to two years of on and off speculation regarding the Jets’ efforts to deal star defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson, Mike Maccagnan has finally pulled the trigger on a deal that will send the highly talented, yet equally polarizing defensive lineman to the Seahawks in exchange for a Jermaine Kearse and an undisclosed draft pick.

IMG_7494-300x279.jpg

Waving goodbye: Sheldon Richardson is finally on his way out of New York.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL network says that he expects the pick to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

The trade follows recent speculation that the Jets were once again actively trying to move Richardson after reportedly turning down a second round pick at the trade deadline last season from the Dallas Cowboys.

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

VhgITJgG0Uw

Click here to read the full story...

Unless you know something I don't, Jets should be be on the hook for anything. He wasn't released. Seahawks took over his fully guaranteed year. $8mil of straight cap savings minus Kearse's salary. Not a bad deal. We got an OK WR and a 2nd for an elite talent, albeit immature. 

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Of lesser importance, peake is a goner.  

Bowles made a comment last night when asked if any guys helped themselves last night.  He said some did and some disappeared..Peake came to mind regarding the latter...

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Unless you know something I don't, Jets should be be on the hook for anything. He wasn't released. Seahawks took over his fully guaranteed year. $8mil of straight cap savings minus Kearse's salary. Not a bad deal. We got an OK WR and a 2nd for an elite talent, albeit immature. 

Trying to get confirmation and was only able to find what OTC had.

I thought they were off the hook but nobody was reporting anything on it so went with what OTC #'s.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

In all honesty when the trade first came out it looked like all they got was Kearse.  That's close to just cutting him.  Once the 2nd was announced, it looks like a very good deal

If it was Sheldon for Kearse, as much as I wanted him gone, that definitely would have been a bad deal.  With the second rounder coming, that is obviously the important part of the deal, and makes Kearse's involvement in this trade rather minimal.  It essentially works out to a 2nd for Sheldon, and the Jets trading down in the 7th for Kearse.

Quite frankly, I'm hoping that both Stewart and Hansen are passing Kearse by on the depth chart by season's end.

Archived