Darnold, Allen, Rosen

Titan24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watch the UCLA - Cal game last night.  I saw the first half, but apparently Rosen sat out the second half with possible shoulder injury after a big hit late in the first half.  

I love the kid -- thought he looked really good in the first half, but durability has got to be a concern.

On 11/25/2017 at 8:38 AM, Adoni Beast said:

As I’ve said in another post, I think Trader Mac is lining up the assets and going all in on The Rosen One. He’s just dotting i’s ans crossing t’s now to be sure.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/mike-maccagnan-in-attendance-for-josh-rosens-ucla-game---again/262399980

“Jets' general manager Mike Maccagnan is in attendance at UCLA's game on Friday night against Cal, presumably to scout UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, according to Kyle Bonagura of ESPN.Maccagnan attended UCLA's game last week.”

That would be so Jets.  We trade the next 2 entire drafts for a guy with a significant injury history already at 21

On 11/25/2017 at 7:38 AM, Adoni Beast said:

As I’ve said in another post, I think Trader Mac is lining up the assets and going all in on The Rosen One. He’s just dotting i’s ans crossing t’s now to be sure.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/mike-maccagnan-in-attendance-for-josh-rosens-ucla-game---again/262399980

“Jets' general manager Mike Maccagnan is in attendance at UCLA's game on Friday night against Cal, presumably to scout UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, according to Kyle Bonagura of ESPN.Maccagnan attended UCLA's game last week.”

Good. Choose the player, and go get him.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:43 AM, Lith said:

Anyone watch the UCLA - Cal game last night.  I saw the first half, but apparently Rosen sat out the second half with possible shoulder injury after a big hit late in the first half.  

I love the kid -- thought he looked really good in the first half, but durability has got to be a concern.

Saw that play and watched it a few times. My thought was shoulder/head... the way the coach was saying "precautionary" i think it may have been more of a potential concussion concern.

• 1 month later...

NFL Draft: Josh Rosen's center at UCLA on people questioning QB's character: 'It really irks me'

MOBILE, Ala. — UCLA center Scott Quessenberry knows Josh Rosen about as well as anyone, as one of the star quarterback's best friends on the team and the guy who snapped him the ball the majority of the past few seasons for the Bruins.

And Quessenberry is down at the Senior Bowl this week trying to pave his own path to the NFL, but he can't help but get angry when he hears the negativity that gets pointed at Rosen. Reports have said that the quarterback — who could be the top overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft — is entitled, has character concerns, is not coachable, isn't liked by his teammates and other similar complaints.

Quessenberry is here to say that those criticisms just are flat out untrue.

"It just really irks me the way people talk about him," Quessenberry told PFW this week. "Whether they’re saying he has off-the-field issues — he has none — or that he’s too vocal about something he believes in. I don’t see that as a problem.

"Or whether his teammates don’t like him. That’s just not true. It’s absolutely, 100 percent not true. I don’t know where that started or frankly even where it came from."

Although Quessenberry admits he's biased because of his friendship with Rosen, he says that he feels confident that, to a man, his other Bruins teammates would back up that sentiment.

"Just from a personal standpoint, he’s a great human being," Quessenberry said. "This is a guy you like to hang out with off the field. And on the field, he is just sharp as a tack, knows football well and obviously can make all the throws and all the reads.

"He’s going to continue to grow as a leader. He’s going to be a terrific pro."

That word in theory should carry a lot of weight. Quessenberry was one of 30 players nationally nominated for the 2017 Senior CLASS Award, which is given to student-athletes who have notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition.

Quessenberry missed all of the 2015 season, when Rosen started as a true freshman, but switched from guard to center and snapped to him for six games in 2016 before Rosen suffered a season-ending shoulder injury. They returned together as a battery in 2017 and worked together until Rosen's late-season concussion kept him out of the final two games.

But they're a pair, through thick and thin, Quessenberry said. He said Rosen "gave them a chance" to win almost every game because of his fearless style and that he "raised the bar" for his teammates because of his football knowledge and talent. Quessenberry said that Rosen had "overriding say" on most checks at the line and that the rest of the offensive players fell in line because they knew he was going to "put us in the best position possible on every play."

If asked to defend his character in NFL team interviews, Quessenberry said he'd have zero hesitation.

"I've got nothing but good things to say about Josh, and I'll say the same thing to any team that asks me about him," he said. "This is a guy you want to go into battle with."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/01/25/nfl-draft-josh-rosens-center-at-ucla-on-people-questioning-qbs-character-it-really-irks-me/a2rbhn1/

On 1/26/2018 at 9:34 AM, C Mart said:

NFL Draft: Josh Rosen's center at UCLA on people questioning QB's character: 'It really irks me'

MOBILE, Ala. — UCLA center Scott Quessenberry knows Josh Rosen about as well as anyone, as one of the star quarterback's best friends on the team and the guy who snapped him the ball the majority of the past few seasons for the Bruins.

And Quessenberry is down at the Senior Bowl this week trying to pave his own path to the NFL, but he can't help but get angry when he hears the negativity that gets pointed at Rosen. Reports have said that the quarterback — who could be the top overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft — is entitled, has character concerns, is not coachable, isn't liked by his teammates and other similar complaints.

Quessenberry is here to say that those criticisms just are flat out untrue.

"It just really irks me the way people talk about him," Quessenberry told PFW this week. "Whether they’re saying he has off-the-field issues — he has none — or that he’s too vocal about something he believes in. I don’t see that as a problem.

"Or whether his teammates don’t like him. That’s just not true. It’s absolutely, 100 percent not true. I don’t know where that started or frankly even where it came from."

Although Quessenberry admits he's biased because of his friendship with Rosen, he says that he feels confident that, to a man, his other Bruins teammates would back up that sentiment.

"Just from a personal standpoint, he’s a great human being," Quessenberry said. "This is a guy you like to hang out with off the field. And on the field, he is just sharp as a tack, knows football well and obviously can make all the throws and all the reads.

"He’s going to continue to grow as a leader. He’s going to be a terrific pro."

That word in theory should carry a lot of weight. Quessenberry was one of 30 players nationally nominated for the 2017 Senior CLASS Award, which is given to student-athletes who have notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition.

Quessenberry missed all of the 2015 season, when Rosen started as a true freshman, but switched from guard to center and snapped to him for six games in 2016 before Rosen suffered a season-ending shoulder injury. They returned together as a battery in 2017 and worked together until Rosen's late-season concussion kept him out of the final two games.

But they're a pair, through thick and thin, Quessenberry said. He said Rosen "gave them a chance" to win almost every game because of his fearless style and that he "raised the bar" for his teammates because of his football knowledge and talent. Quessenberry said that Rosen had "overriding say" on most checks at the line and that the rest of the offensive players fell in line because they knew he was going to "put us in the best position possible on every play."

If asked to defend his character in NFL team interviews, Quessenberry said he'd have zero hesitation.

"I've got nothing but good things to say about Josh, and I'll say the same thing to any team that asks me about him," he said. "This is a guy you want to go into battle with."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/01/25/nfl-draft-josh-rosens-center-at-ucla-on-people-questioning-qbs-character-it-really-irks-me/a2rbhn1/

Rosen’s politics are a driving force behind the character assasination going on right now

Rosen is fragile as hell and that has to be a major concern.

Also, he comes from money and multiple reports have stated that he’s not head over heels in love with football.

He just suffered 2 concussions last season alone...so what happens if he suffers another next season? Does he pull a Chris Borland and just walk away from the game while we’re left with our dicks in the breeze?

That’s the kind of sh*t that scares me.

Either sign Cousins or make a move for Darnold.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Rosen is fragile as hell and that has to be a major concern.

Also, he comes from money and multiple reports have stated that he’s not head over heels in love with football.

He just suffered 2 concussions last season alone...so what happens if he suffers another next season? Does he pull a Chris Borland and just walk away from the game while we’re left with our dicks in the breeze?

That’s the kind of sh*t that scares me.

Either sign Cousins or make a move for Darnold.

The biggest knock on Rosen that has any validity is his injury history.  The fact that he didn’t grow up poor I could care less about Peyton Manning and his brother were rich and they were ok in the nfl

48 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The biggest knock on Rosen that has any validity is his injury history.  The fact that he didn’t grow up poor I could care less about Peyton Manning and his brother were rich and they were ok in the nfl

There were also zero questions about Peyton and Eli’s commitment to the game. 

Both have always been known as football junkies. Especially Peyton.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

However, Trent Dilfer who coached Rosen at the Elite 11 quarterback camp cautioned anyone who is doubting Rosen as an NFL QB.

"Josh is going to piss off half the people," Dilfer told the Rich Eisen Show this week. "But the people that get it, the people that really like him, the people that understand what it means to be the best at the highest level will get that he has that stuff."

Dilfer and Rosen did not get along initially. In fact, Rosen came out publicly and said he didn't like working with Dilfer.

However, the two worked together again this summer when Rosen came back to the camp as a counselor and Dilfer saw his development. He could see how he had matured and said that is a big reason why he believes in him as a prospect.

"I do think he's tough, I do think he wants it, I think he wants to be great, he's grown up wanting to be great, I think he wants to be great," Dilfer said. "Does he have a different personality? Yeah, but I think it's a personality that actually works for an NFL quarterback.

"He's intellectual, he has convictions, he's not going to be wishy washy on stuff, he's going to demand that his coaches give him the best stuff because he wants to be the best, kind of sounds like Peyton Manning."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2018-josh-rosen-will-piss-off-people-trent-dilfer-elite-11-browns-giants/1v6da6sekzr4n15ti8b1h50afj

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If you forget about all of the other bs and just watch him throw the football, it's impressive.  He can really spin it.  But is that enough?  Is he Jeff George? Jay Cutler? Matthew Stafford?

All I know is, he throws the ball way too well to drop out of the top 2.  The only way that happens is if something comes out about him that's a big problem.  But as of now, no ******* way the Giants pass on this guy.

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

If you forget about all of the other bs and just watch him throw the football, it's impressive.  He can really spin it.  But is that enough?  Is he Jeff George? Jay Cutler? Matthew Stafford?

All I know is, he throws the ball way too well to drop out of the top 2.  The only way that happens is if something comes out about him that's a big problem.  But as of now, no ******* way the Giants pass on this guy.

Agree.  I think the Giants draft Rosen at 2 and he will be setup for success there as Eli’s heir

The real question is does Dorsey take Allen over Darnold at 1 based off a strong senior bowl?  If so we best be trading up to 3

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I never heard anywhere about Rosen being a problem child until now.  It’s gotta be the political thing and knowing Pauline  and what a vagina he is he’s probably the one making stuff up because of that

The more time we are having the more I am on the "Trade whatever it takes to get Rosen" train. The more I watch his tape, the more it gets me wanting this guy. And especially his throwing ability with Anderson downfield. Plus he is so smart that I don't think he has much of a chance to bust. 

I would be calling Cleveland, I think I would do the 1 overall pick if I could get it if I am Mac. 

Saying this I still like Darnold and can see where he has a higher possible upside, but Rosen is my top choice and has been all year. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Rosen...2 concussions last year alone and his dad is a renowned neurosurgeon.

What if this kid suffers another blow to the noggin and decides football isn’t worth it?

Not taking that risk 

and your not the one that makes the choice,, neither am I. Any player at anytime could get a concussion and decide the same thing. I am not worried about it. 

Making or not making moves out of fear rarely works out.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

and your not the one that makes the choice,, neither am I. Any player at anytime could get a concussion and decide the same thing. I am not worried about it. 

Making or not making moves out of fear rarely works out.

How are you not understanding this?

Rosen has already sustained two concussions in the last 5 months alone and his father is literally a brain surgeon.

You don’t see the MAJOR risk involved with this?

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

How are you not understanding this?

Rosen has already sustained two concussions in the last 5 months alone and his father is literally a brain surgeon.

You don’t see the MAJOR risk involved with this?

I completely understand. 2 concussions in this past football season - father is a brain surgeon. I do see a risk, but as I said I am not as worried about it as you are. At least I don't consider it MAJOR.

I am not saying you're wrong. I am not saying that I am right. I am just saying that it does not make me take Rosen out of play for the top QB spot. I am also taking into consideration how the NFL bubble wraps it's QB's and it is not as common for a QB. It happens I know you are going to cite the Savage concussion. 

Once again any player at anytime could get a concussion and decide to walk away. Rosen of all players could make that decision with pressure from his father, who would probably try to persuade him to not play. I just am not really that worried about it. I understand you want no part of Rosen and you don't want to take the chance, and I get the reason why. I like Darnold as well, I just prefer Rosen to Darnold.

Just now, Stark said:

I completely understand. 2 concussions in this past football season - father is a brain surgeon. I do see a risk, but as I said I am not as worried about it as you are. At least I don't consider it MAJOR.

I am not saying you're wrong. I am not saying that I am right. I am just saying that it does not make me take Rosen out of play for the top QB spot. I am also taking into consideration how the NFL bubble wraps it's QB's and it is not as common for a QB. It happens I know you are going to cite the Savage concussion. 

Once again any player at anytime could get a concussion and decide to walk away. Rosen of all players could make that decision with pressure from his father, who would probably try to persuade him to not play. I just am not really that worried about it. I understand you want no part of Rosen and you don't want to take the chance, and I get the reason why. I like Darnold as well, I just prefer Rosen to Darnold.

Fair enough 

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The solid citizens and model leaders the Jets just put in the QB room leads me to conclude that the Jets intend to draft Baker Mayfield.

I felt the same.

I really want Rosen, and in a vacuum it's not even a contest IMO. But between his injury history and having to potentially give up draft capital over the next few years to secure him, I'm leaning towards Baker as well.

Just please say no to Darnold.

Archived