Darnold, Allen, Rosen

Titan24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Do you think Falk is going to be available as a top 12 pick, or is he going to rise up the boards and go too 5 and beyond jets reach  (because he is QB)?

This will all depend on his combine physical performance, and NFL teams willing to draft a QB high without elite physical traits coming from an offense that is the furthest away from a pro offense in Mike Leachs version of the air raid system, it's possibly the biggest gimmick offense if college football period.  

My prediction is he goes 2nd round.

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Wow I just watched every throw from the Boise St. and USC games from this year,l (over 80 pass attempts),  Falk completed maybe 5 passes that traveled more then 10 yards in the air, he makes Chad Pennington look like Brett Favre, when you look up Captain check down his picture will replace Penningtons in the dictionary, not to mention he was atrocious in the Boise St. game, he was effective in the win VS USC throwing nothing but 5 yard passes, and more often then not less then 5 yard passes.

I did see why people like him thou he is smart with the ball, knows where the holes are in the D, uses the entire field left to right, but very rarely vertically.  I just can't deal with another QB who will dump it off 5 yards short of the 1st down marker on 3rd and 7 because he doesn't feel confident in his physical abilities to fit passes in tight windows to pick up those crucial 1st downs.

I could see him get drafted by either the Patriots IF they let Garrappolo go, or McDaniels if he gets a HC job, and doesn't bring Garrappolo with him.

I am a Falk supporter. Chances are that I am absolutely wrong, but these QBs from California dont give me enough confidence that they will be able to handle the tangible and intangible obstacles that come with playing in the NY market. I am sure they can be successful in Tenessee or Tampa Bay, but NY is a whole different thing.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

This will all depend on his combine physical performance, and NFL teams willing to draft a QB high without elite physical traits coming from an offense that is the furthest away from a pro offense in Mike Leachs version of the air raid system, it's possibly the biggest gimmick offense if college football period.  

My prediction is he goes 2nd round.

You know, seriously dude -- i like that you are active and want to talk about college draft prospects. That's good... but you have to take your foot off the bullsh*t pedal sometimes.

You just knocked Falk for being in leach's system -- when no more than 6 months ago, you went full gay for Mahomes... who played in the same system. Same. System... "blah blah arm strength, blah blah my name is lupz"... I don't care if he has a noodle or a canon. Don't fcking ride one guy for a system and not another. Were you even old enough to remember pre-surgery Pennington? He makes Chad pennington look like Favre? Get out. go back to whatever Nestle sponsored draft forum you came from, or stop with over the top hyperbole. There's PLENTY of dowfield throws from Falk. You can have Allen and his canon arm. I'll take the guy who's winning games pal. 

3 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Do you think Falk is going to be available as a top 12 pick, or is he going to rise up the boards and go too 5 and beyond jets reach  (because he is QB)?

Who knows right now... With a guy like Rosen, or Darnold even, baring a prolific implosion, both won't make it out of the top 10. That much we can bank on... A guy like Falk could go as high as mid-1st and as low as 3rd round depending on how he plays the rest of the season. 

I'd say his stock could resemble Mahomes a lot. Obviously they're different players physically, but both played in the same wonky offense making their assessments a little tougher - but both had immense upside - im polar opposite ways. 

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You know, seriously dude -- i like that you are active and want to talk about college draft prospects. That's good... but you have to take your foot off the bullsh*t pedal sometimes.

You just knocked Falk for being in leach's system -- when no more than 6 months ago, you went full gay for Mahomes... who played in the same system. Same. System... "blah blah arm strength, blah blah my name is lupz"... I don't care if he has a noodle or a canon. Don't fcking ride one guy for a system and not another. Were you even old enough to remember pre-surgery Pennington? He makes Chad pennington look like Favre? Get out. go back to whatever Nestle sponsored draft forum you came from, or stop with over the top hyperbole. There's PLENTY of dowfield throws from Falk. You can have Allen and his canon arm. I'll take the guy who's winning games pal. 

Falk and Mahomes are not even in the same stratosphere as far as talent, so it's not bullsh*t, Case Keenum can't hold Mahomes jock played same college system, and the same will be for Falk physically, he can't match what Mahomes can do with his arm!  Falk throws 3 passes a game that travel more then 10 yards in the air it's a joke, go lick Payton Lynch's balls, or something, and stop trolling me.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Were you even old enough to remember pre-surgery Pennington?

I'm ******* 40 years old, so yes I vividly remember pre surgery Pennington stop grasping at sh*t to discredit me, you have done nothing, but swing, and miss on QB prospects maybe take a step back, and evaluate another position, and leave it to guys who can recognize things that will make QB's successful, and things that won't.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Falk and Mahomes are not even in the same stratosphere as far as talent, so it's not bullsh*t, Case Keenum can't hold Mahomes jock played same college system, and the same will be for Falk physically, he can't match what Mahomes can do with his arm!  Falk throws 3 passes a game that travel more then 10 yards in the air it's a joke, go lick Payton Lynch's balls, or something, and stop trolling me.

If i'm trolling you, then by your definition half the board is trolling you. Your post said everything i needed to hear. You would have given Tom Savage a lupz 1st round seal

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

but both had immense upside - im polar opposite ways. 

As in opposite you mean one throws the ball 5 yards in the air 90% of the time while the other three the ball down field every chance he got, and had an almost equal completion percentage, so yeah by one being captain check down, and the other being super man yeah polar opposite.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

As in opposite you mean one throws the ball 5 yards in the air 90% of the time while the other three the ball down field every chance he got, and had an almost equal completion percentage, so yeah by one being captain check down, and the other being super man yeah polar opposite.

Thanks. We're clear. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

If i'm trolling you, then by your definition half the board is trolling you. Your post said everything i needed to hear. You would have given Tom Savage a lupz 1st round seal

Lol Tom Savage now your just reaching at stupid sh*t dude.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Thanks. We're clear. 

You 2016 Paxton Lynch will be the best QB by far in this draft, me love Dak Prescott, outside of Wentz who I would have blown to get him on the Jets is the best QB in the draft.  Again go watch more video of the ass clown Lynch.

Clayton Thorson is gettinf first round/dark horse talk. Most likely will be graded in the 2nd, but could sneak into the first.

He has all the talent and tools for a top 10 pick, but is on a horrible team. I've seen some really nice throws in tight windows with strength and accuracy, and I've seen some really bad decision making on his part (taking a safety to end a game).

I don't really know what to make of him. I can't see him deserving first round concisderation unless he finishes the year really strong. Worth keeping an eye on him though.

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

**** Allen he is Pat Mahomes with out accuracy, drive, elite work ethic, and leadership abilities, but yet everyone is on Allens jock because he is 6'5",

Who the F*** is on Allen's jock, that kid plays scared and looks like hot garbage. DO NOT WANT. There were a bunch of us that liked Mahomes a lot, I said before the draft to take him at 6, would have been a slight reach but I felt that would have been the only way to get him.

@Lupz27 I am not responding as if this is your opinion that we like Allen. I do find it funny that there are some who think just because he has a strong arm and size that he is going to be a good QB. He seems to lack the mental make-up of a Franchise QB to me.

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

Who the F*** is on Allen's jock, that kid plays scared and looks like hot garbage. DO NOT WANT. There were a bunch of us that liked Mahomes a lot, I said before the draft to take him at 6, would have been a slight reach but I felt that would have been the only way to get him.

@Lupz27 I am not responding as if this is your opinion that we like Allen. I do find it funny that there are some who think just because he has a strong arm and size that he is going to be a good QB. He seems to lack the mental make-up of a Franchise QB to me.

Scouts, and the media that blindly regurgitate everything they read before college football season started are still all over Allens Jock as a high 1st round pick NFL QB prospect.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Scouts, and the media that blindly regurgitate everything they read before college football season started are still all over Allens Jock as a high 1st round pick NFL QB prospect.

yes, i know. I find i laughable. 

On 10/3/2017 at 4:44 PM, Lupz27 said:

Mason Rudolph is Bryce Petty, but with more talent around him.

Rudolph puts way too much arch on his throws which results in an odd spiral. Plus, it seems to me and I could be wrong, that a significant amount of attempts we saved by the WR1.... Washington I think.

Not a first or second rounder in my opinion.

From Mel Kiper

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Washington State senior QB Luke Falk is a sleeper who could sneak into the first round "if he has a great pre-draft process."

"He's the best of these quarterbacks at working the pocket, but he's also probably the least athletic," Kiper wrote. Kiper's colleague Todd McShay lists Falk as the No. 6-ranked quarterback right now.

To me its crazy that athleticism could be an actual knock on a QB, who already shows the ability to stand in the pocket, move through progressions, look off safeties, and pretty much everything else that NFL Teams try to teach guys who are athletes first to make them better pocket passers.  

I think the "5 yard passes only" narrative is overblown.  The offense and Leach want him making those throws and he does them successfully.   Falk will never be able to drive the ball like Stafford, but accuracy and decision making are the most important qualities a QB can have and that is where he excels.  Lastly, again - while he will never have a cannon, he is 6'4 and if his hand size measures over 9.5 inches, he will have the physical traits to be able to increase his arm strength enough to be a successful NFL QB.

At this point, if we are picking in the mid first round, he would be my guy - find a RB or WR and Olineman with our second round picks, and take it from there.

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

From Mel Kiper

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Washington State senior QB Luke Falk is a sleeper who could sneak into the first round "if he has a great pre-draft process."

"He's the best of these quarterbacks at working the pocket, but he's also probably the least athletic," Kiper wrote. Kiper's colleague Todd McShay lists Falk as the No. 6-ranked quarterback right now.

To me its crazy that athleticism could be an actual knock on a QB, who already shows the ability to stand in the pocket, move through progressions, look off safeties, and pretty much everything else that NFL Teams try to teach guys who are athletes first to make them better pocket passers.  

I think the "5 yard passes only" narrative is overblown.  The offense and Leach want him making those throws and he does them successfully.   Falk will never be able to drive the ball like Stafford, but accuracy and decision making are the most important qualities a QB can have and that is where he excels.  Lastly, again - while he will never have a cannon, he is 6'4 and if his hand size measures over 9.5 inches, he will have the physical traits to be able to increase his arm strength enough to be a successful NFL QB.

At this point, if we are picking in the mid first round, he would be my guy - find a RB or WR and Olineman with our second round picks, and take it from there.

I was hoping we'd grab him in the second, so we could draft a LT in the first as well. But if he continues the rest of the season the way he is, he's definitely getting taken in the middle of the first at the latest.

Accuracy and anticipation much harder to improve on, than arm strength, and I don't think his arm is as weak as Pennington's (even pre surgery). Its Kirk Cousins, with room to improve a bit. 

I'd be happy to draft him. Although I really think we're gonna regret not drafting Mahomes who I wanted, and Watson man was I wrong about him. I'll eat crow on that, we're gonna regret that one too.

18 hours ago, BCJet said:

From Mel Kiper

Well Falk pretty much made this assessment incorrect last night, dude is a poor mans Case Keenum, and that's his ceiling, and it will take 3 years for him to develop into that.

Luke Falk 1st round

I get it, you don't actually watch the games, you wait to have your opinions served for you and presented on YouTube.

Horribly disappointing game. When he chokes, he chokes hard. He's almost thrown half... as many INTs as Sam Darnold. Almost. When outplayed Sam a couple weeks ago, I remember you posting the same laughy emoticons, cause you're such balanced guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I get it, you don't actually watch the games, you wait to have your opinions served for you and presented on YouTube.

Horribly disappointing game. When he chokes, he chokes hard. He's almost thrown half... as many INTs as Sam Darnold. Almost. When outplayed Sam a couple weeks ago, I remember you posting the same laughy emoticons, cause you're such balanced guy.

No I actually watched these games bud, I watched Darnold struggle VS Cal, but fight through the game, and lead his team to victory, While last night Cal took away the short intermediate throws flustering Falk who has no other weapon in his arsenal you know like being able to beat you over the top, and get murdered all night.  Imagine having to trot Luke Falk out against a Belicheck coached defense, and Falk trying to complete 5-7 yard passes against 10 guys covering that area what a disaster that would be.

Falk is a project mid rounder who will be a career back up just like Jake Browning up at Washington.  Sorry you got a dose of reality with your super boy last night, and then go, and call me a YouTube watching opinion regurgitater, lol because I waited till YouTube told me Pat Mahomes was going to be a top 10 pick last year, or I waited for you tube to tell me Dak Prescott had everything you look for in a starting QB 2 years ago way before the draft, not in August when everyone else jumped on the train.

Go try, and discredit someone else, I'll continue to look for the guys who can actually play in the NFL based on what I see, not what I'm told by others.  Say hi to Paxton Lynch.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I dunno P, I know you and others are high on Falk, but I view him as an Alex Smith type without the mobility. If you surround Falk with very good players, he won't lose the game for you, but I can't see him beating a good defense at the NFL level. It's not just the lack of arm strength, his processing is slow at times. 

40 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I dunno P, I know you and others are high on Falk, but I view him as an Alex Smith type without the mobility. If you surround Falk with very good players, he won't lose the game for you, but I can't see him beating a good defense at the NFL level. It's not just the lack of arm strength, his processing is slow at times. 

he's starting to look more and more like a system dependent QB, not Leach-dependent, but he's just not showing enough flexibility when the gameplan goes awry. Like, i think in a westcoast andy reid system, he could be lights out if things are clicking. Bruce arians or Darrell Bevell led offense though? Don't know if it's going to work. 

TBH it seems like outside of Rosen, every QB has taken it on the chin this year. 

33 minutes ago, Paradis said:

he's starting to look more and more like a system dependent QB, not Leach-dependent, but he's just not showing enough flexibility when the gameplan goes awry. Like, i think in a westcoast andy reid system, he could be lights out if things are clicking. Bruce arians or Darrell Bevell led offense though? Don't know if it's going to work. 

TBH it seems like outside of Rosen, every QB has taken it on the chin this year. 

That's a fair assessment. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

No I actually watched these games bud, I watched Darnold struggle VS Cal, but fight through the game, and lead his team to victory, While last night Cal took away the short intermediate throws flustering Falk who has no other weapon in his arsenal you know like being able to beat you over the top, and get murdered all night.  Imagine having to trot Luke Falk out against a Belicheck coached defense, and Falk trying to complete 5-7 yard passes against 10 guys covering that area what a disaster that would be.

Falk is a project mid rounder who will be a career back up just like Jake Browning up at Washington.  Sorry you got a dose of reality with your super boy last night, and then go, and call me a YouTube watching opinion regurgitater, lol because I waited till YouTube told me Pat Mahomes was going to be a top 10 pick last year, or I waited for you tube to tell me Dak Prescott had everything you look for in a starting QB 2 years ago way before the draft, not in August when everyone else jumped on the train.

Go try, and discredit someone else, I'll continue to look for the guys who can actually play in the NFL based on what I see, not what I'm told by others.  Say hi to Paxton Lynch.

I was never under the impression that Falk was a better prospect than Darnold or Rosen - sorry you molded the narrative to suit your brash posts. I also watched Darnold fight through Wazzu's defense and get owned. It happens to all of them. Falk is not flawless, and he's showing that when he caves, it's an avalanche. Not a endearing quality. 

If you want to pat yourself on the back because you liked Dak, have at 'er. You want to cherry pick Paxton who's been grossly slow to develop, then i guess that speaks to what kind of a person you are. Not the kind who shows recognition of my affection for David Johnson or Kareem hunt a year before they even declared - or even being the only guy to bang the table for Aaron Jones, or the love i sprinkled on Wentz, or the zillion WRs I've been a fan of etc etc. 

Again, we're clear. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

With that kids intangibles, if he had even Alex Smith's arm strength I would spend a draft pick on him .There's absolutely no way I draft him ahead of Jackson and I hope Jackson goes back to Louisville .

3 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Out of curiosity Paradis and Lupz27, What are your top 5 QBs in the draft (right now, I realize things can change).  I think you are both making good points about the QBs, so it would be curious to get your views on the top 5.

I'll just put it this way, start looking at the Free agent class because that is where the 2018 NY Jets starting QB is coming from unless the unthinkable happens, and Petty, or Hackenberg become viable starting options.

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I'll just put it this way, start looking at the Free agent class because that is where the 2018 NY Jets starting QB is coming from unless the unthinkable happens, and Petty, or Hackenberg become viable starting options.

I still think the Jets pick somewhere between 6-10 when the season ends and they trade up into one of the first 2 picks. 

51 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I still think the Jets pick somewhere between 6-10 when the season ends and they trade up into one of the first 2 picks. 

Well Jets fans like to set our selves up for disappointment so this makes sense to think.

Archived