Grade the Trade: Richardson to Seattle

Sarge4Tide

Grade the Trade  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the JETS for this trade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. What grade do you give the SEAHAWKS for this trade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets D, Hawks B

Jets lose a legit talent because they mismanaged and disgruntled him and overdrafted his position.  Should never have got to this point, and we should have, I don't know, maybe a decent QB instead of Wilk, Sheldon AND Williams all drafted high at the same position.

Jets gain a nobody #3 WR and a 2nd Round Pick Macc will likely waste on another DLineman or maybe a 12th Safety.

Now we get to see if Sheldon, who isn;t my favorite Jet by any stretch, goes on to have a great post-Jets career (Like Abe).

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets D, Hawks B

Jets lose a legit talent because they mismanaged and disgruntled him and overdrafted his position.  Should never have got to this point, and we should have, I don't know, maybe a decent QB instead of Wilk, Sheldon AND Williams all drafted high at the same position.

Jets gain a nobody #3 WR and a 2nd Round Pick Macc will likely waste on another DLineman or maybe a 12th Safety.

Now we get to see if Sheldon, who isn;t my favorite Jet by any stretch, goes on to have a great post-Jets career (Like Abe).

I'm shocked that the Jets got a 2nd rounder for this guy after they did their best destroying his value.

Seattle knows what they're doing.  He's a really good fit in that defense.  The Jets will find out quickly that it was a mistake keeping Wilkerson over this guy.  

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets D, Hawks B

The mis management of the wilk contract I believe is a direct result of Richardsons off field issues. 

A for the Jets and B (I wanna say B+) for the Hawks.

The Jets essentially pulled a rabbit out of their hat by trading a player with character issues who was as good as gone in a few months time. I still don't know how Mac managed to get a second rounder of all things from this. 

The only downside for Seattle is that they lost a fairly high piece of draft capital. Doesn't mean much though as they're obviously all in on this season and I think Shell is a better fit on that team then he would have been here. 

A++++

The Jets jettison a malcontent one puff away from a season long suspension. A guy that will
demand to be the highest paid DE next year. A guy that has repeatedly bucked the establishment for his own benefit and put himself before the team.

They did this and received a 2nd round pick and a starting quality WR.

Absolutely an A+++++

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I gave us a B and Seattle an A. That A is based on his potential. From their point of view it was worth the 2nd round pick plus they wanted to get rid of Kearse. The Jets did ok because Sheldon is a FA next year and has been at odds with management for several years. And we can use Kearse. 

I gave both of the teams an A.  The Jets received an established WR and a high draft pick when most "experts" didn't think they could get more than a third or fourth.

Seattle traded from a strength, WR, and got a top notch defensive lineman for what they hope to be a title run.

This is a win win in my opinion.  It is important that the second round pick is used properly of course.

57 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Jets A

Sheldon proved to be a cancer. To get a 2nd round pick for him is amazing. You don't usually get a high pick like that unless it's a Qb. I was expecting a 4 or 5, similar to what we gave up for B. Marshall

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This. 

Man, I cannot believe there are so many Sheldon fans now. Does everyone remember "Eff dis game where da hoes at"? Or Driving at 400 mph with weed and a kid in his car? Total cancer & underachiever who thinks he is better than he is and I for one am glad he is gone. Would have been a miserable contract negotiation had they kept him. The fact that we managed to get a WR and a #2 is gravy.

A++ for the Jets.  This is a tank year.   We get future high draft pick value and cap money.  We also get a player who can help the Qbs develop in this system.

A for the Seahawks.  They are getting older.  This could be their year.  Set Richardson loose with good players around him motivated for a new contract.

Its really a great deal for both sides.   Nothing would make me happier than if the Jets tanked and the Seahawks won the SuperBowl.

Your team just got appreciably worse by holding a fire sale for a player that steamrolled the weak head coach and teabagged the halfwit GM. This trade is the equivalent of getting $50 at the recycling plant for the Ferrari you just totaled because you were playing Candy Crush while doing 95 MPH on the autobahn. "Hey, I got $50 for that worthless piece of steel that was worth $150k ten minutes ago!" Dopes. 

Your team just got appreciably worse by holding a fire sale for a player that steamrolled the weak head coach and teabagged the halfwit GM. This trade is the equivalent of getting $50 at the recycling plant for the Ferrari you just totaled because you were playing Candy Crush while doing 95 MPH on the autobahn. "Hey, I got $50 for that worthless piece of steel that was worth $150k ten minutes ago!" Dopes. 

More like we let them rent a Ferrari with nothing wrong with it for one year except that at any moment it could take a puff of weed or skip a game in search of "hoes" has to be diciplined for showing up late and at the end of the year is going to demand that you pay it 25 million dollars per year in order to keep driving it and they gave us a bag of trash with some usable crap left inside plus a second round draft pick?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

More like we let them rent a Ferrari with nothing wrong with it for one year except that at any moment it could take a puff of weed or skip a game in search of "hoes" has to be diciplined for showing up late and at the end of the year is going to demand that you pay it 25 million dollars per year in order to keep driving it and they gave us a bag of trash with some usable crap left inside plus a second round draft pick?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Do you bealeb in love after love?

Never thought we'd get anything for that fat slob.  A+ for the Jets.

Seattle gets an F unless they are able to resign him.  Giving away a 2nd round pick on a player rental is beyond dumb.  If they do resign him, the grade goes up.  If he gets paid and then gets a year suspension, it goes back down.

Whatever. Good riddance.

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, but it could've been $25 dollars, so...

Big success!

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Except the Ferrari is more like a Miata and is 1 blown cylinder from being stashed in the garage for a year.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jets D, Hawks B

For someone who fancies himself a keen observer your lack of awareness about this situation is startling.

Sheldon is a loud-mouthed malcontent who has repeatedly said his main goal is the monster pay day.  He's either incapable or unwilling of following instruction as evidenced by his numerous swipes at Marshall this year despite Bowles implicitly telling him to refrain from it.

He's a man baby, me first, money trumps all guy who does nothing for the culture that management is trying to cultivate.

There was no way in hell the Jets were going to pay him anywhere near what he wanted (that money is for Leo) so it behooved them to get as much as they could rather than let him walk for nothing. 

Despite the fact that everyone in the NFL knew the above, Macc was able to get a competent veteran receiver and a 2nd round pick which might be used as ammunition to move up in the first round if necessary.  That haul should be COMMENDED.

p.s. trading Abe is what allowed us to get a potential HOF center named Nick Mangold.  You know - your favorite Jet ever.

Jets get a D and Seattle gets an A.  Seattle's 2nd round pick is more like a top of the 3rd round pick.  Richardson was the best football player on the Jets, only 26 years old.  Very bad deal IMO.  If they were going to trade with Seattle, then only a 1st round pick would have been fair.   Wilkerson has not shown me much this preseason, and Richardson has shown a lot.  I would have been happier if we traded Wilkerson for a 2nd round pick, but Seattle would have never made that trade.

10 minutes ago, Alka said:

Richardson was the best football player on the Jets, only 26 years old.  Very bad deal IMO.  If they were going to trade with Seattle, then only a 1st round pick would have been fair.

10 minutes ago, Alka said:

I would have been happier if we traded Wilkerson for a 2nd round pick, but Seattle would have never made that trade.

Irony.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Incomplete until we see what Richardson does vs what Kearse does. 

That's not even remotely close to being the ultimate test for grading this trade.  The trade was for the 2nd rounder.  Not Kearse.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah no sh*t the Jets mismanaged the contracts and the need to draft every Dlineman - but that cat was already out of the bag - should they have just continued pouring bad money after all these Dlineman. They took a step to fix that situation , I can't understand all the revisionist history here.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah no sh*t the Jets mismanaged the contracts and the need to draft every Dlineman - but that cat was already out of the bag - should they have just continued pouring bad money after all these Dlineman. They took a step to fix that situation , I can't understand all the revisionist history here.

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound .   Maybe you're enjoying this banter and if so please forgive this intrusion .

Archived