Grade the Trade: Richardson to Seattle

Sarge4Tide

Grade the Trade  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the JETS for this trade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. What grade do you give the SEAHAWKS for this trade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Just took a look at overthecap.com.  We may be at 100mil in caps space if Skrine/Forte/Kearse are cut in 2018.  

Almost certainly gonna have at least 85mil+.  Add that to a top 3 draft pick with extra picks as well...  this time next season, things are gonna be insanely different.

Yep

If the Jets score a top QB in next year's draft, and have $85+ M in cap space, a lot of the doom and gloom will be replaced

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

The mis management of the wilk contract I believe is a direct result of Richardsons off field issues. 

Confirmed.  The Jets preferred to keep Richardson, but he made them second guess themselves.  They even tried to trade Wilkerson twice.  I don't think anyone even offered a #2 for Wilkerson.

19 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I'm shocked that the Jets got a 2nd rounder for this guy after they did their best destroying his value.

Seattle knows what they're doing.  He's a really good fit in that defense.  The Jets will find out quickly that it was a mistake keeping Wilkerson over this guy.  

Funny thing, though. Seattle hasn't exactly been a model franchise in picking up others' veterans overall. Most have ranged from relative letdowns to outright busts. The one clear exception area seems to be their DL.

jets B seattle A.  shelly is playing for a contract and he's about the only all pro type player the jets had.  seattles 2nd route pick is bound to be much closer to a high 3rd rounder so it's not like they even recouped shelly's original draft pick. and then they swapped their 7's. the jets get a B because they got a decent draft pick in a trade and shelly was on the way out.

On 9/3/2017 at 0:29 AM, Tinstar said:

That's the wrong mindset .  If you love the sport, play it the way Richardson can and respect the game, you will get paid . Richardson forgot 1 of those and still have the chance to get paid .

How is it any different if your employer's competitor offers you the same position for 10-15% higher salary? You'd either quit or ask your current employer to match it. If not, you should.

I'm totally fine with this trade. I don't care what Mehta says about keeping good players and all that. The Jets more than likely weren't going to resign Richardson after this year. They have Wilkerson who they are paying big money to and a player in Williams who is the best player on the team and will command a big contract at some point. Paying 3 D-Lineman big big money isn't wise.

They got a good draft pick for him in an upcoming draft that is going to be critical to this teams success going forward. We'll have 3 picks in the first two rounds and most likely a top 5 pick to start the draft. 

The Jets got decent value for a guy who would probably be off the team by next season anyway. They got a 2nd rounder will allows them to pick three times in the top 64, or gives them some capital to move up depending on how they finish this upcoming year.

Depending on how Sheldon plays in Seattle will determine their grade. On paper the front 7 got even scarier to go along with the LOB. Bennett/Richardson/Wagner are gonna be a nasty tandem in the box. Plus it's a contract year, so I think Richardson will be motivated to earn a big pay day. And if it doesn't work out, they can just let him walk next season.

B+ for Jets, B(+ pending) for Seattle.

Archived