Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Browne, former USC QB (guy Darnold replaced) and #1 QB recruit is playing against Penn State right now.  Might be mentioning that name again by year's end.  I don't think he'd be a guy we'd target, but anyone wanting to watch some "unknown" names should tune in to that game.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Max Browne, former USC QB (guy Darnold replaced) and #1 QB recruit is playing well against Penn State right now.  Might be mentioning that name again by year's end.  I don't think he'd be a guy we'd target, but anyone wanting to watch some "unknown" names should tune in to that game.

Browne is all kind of awful , i would prefer Hack on him

20 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Stuck with hurricane coverage on all the network channels. Wish at least one would realize some people need a little break from the same reports hour after hour.they have the ability to break in with importation breaking information 

People need to know that water and gas are in short supply, and there is a lot of traffic leaving town.

They need to know to be very careful if they stay, and that hurricanes are very windy. They may blow stuff around, break windows, and can cause flooding and power outages.

Just now, fusionCA said:

Browne is all kind of awful , i would prefer Hack on him

Not saying I disagree.  I'm just trying to have all sorts of fun on Saturday's with the college games.  I didn't see him actually throw 2 picks.  Tuned in late while he was driving down field.  I should probably recant "playing well" lol.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not saying I disagree.  I'm just trying to have all sorts of fun on Saturday's with the college games.  I didn't see him actually throw 2 picks.  Tuned in late while he was driving down field.  I should probably recant "playing well" lol.

I think i'm going to watch South Carolina vs Missouri and TiVo Stanford vs USC .   During breaks, i'll sneak a peek at Auburn vs Clemson .

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I think i'm going to watch South Carolina vs Missouri and TiVo Stanford vs USC .   During breaks, i'll sneak a peek at Auburn vs Clemson .

If you're trying to multitask games, VIPBOX has links to every single game.  I throw up 2-3 at once usually.

35 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Max Browne, former USC QB (guy Darnold replaced) and #1 QB recruit is playing against Penn State right now.  Might be mentioning that name again by year's end.  I don't think he'd be a guy we'd target, but anyone wanting to watch some "unknown" names should tune in to that game.

Another guy who  is under the radar that might be worth a look is Nebraska's Tanner Lee.  He is on Fox right now against Oregon.

36 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

People need to know that water and gas are in short supply, and there is a lot of traffic leaving town.

They need to know to be very careful if they stay, and that hurricanes are very windy. They may blow stuff around, break windows, and can cause flooding and power outages.

Agreed people do need to know, but when all the networks are repeating themselves ever 15 min for thee hours it gets a bit nerve racking and adds to hysteria. Non are reporting anything new until NOAA gives its updates every 3 hours ( 11,2,5,8 ) all the redundant info could be handeled with a scroll with a break in when necessary.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

People need to get over whatever it is about Jackson that they dismiss him, because he's a baller.  Mariota, maybe better.  He will definitely be in the conversation.

Did you watch him today?  Put up big numbers, made some incredible, highlight reel plays, but missed some really easy throws.  For today, at least, I did not think he was nearly as good as his numbers would indicate.  Not dismissing him from the discussion at all, but his accuracy this afternoon was a cause for concern.

Just now, Bocajetfan said:

Agreed people do need to know, but when all the networks are repeating themselves ever 15 min for thee hours it gets a bit nerve racking and adds to hysteria. Non are reporting anything new until NOAA gives its updates every 3 hours ( 11,2,5,8 ) all the redundant info could be handeled with a scroll with a break in when necessary.

You don't have to tell me. People watch this sh*t for days straight though so I guess you can't blame them for milking those ratings. They're sick to death of hearing it but they just can't shut it off.

I'd rather just check the live sat maps at weather underground. It's pretty self explanatory. 

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Did you watch him today?  Put up big numbers, made some incredible, highlight reel plays, but missed some really easy throws.  For today, at least, I did not think he was nearly as good as his numbers would indicate.  Not dismissing him from the discussion at all, but his accuracy this afternoon was a cause for concern.

No I didn't, I was watching Iowa.  I just think he continues making strides.  He can be elite if he continues to make strides.  I watch him, and I just see flick of the wrist release and just think he has "it".  As you know, I wouldn't exactly call myself a draftnik, as I don't really break players down, but just something about him tells me he's going to succeed in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Not even remotely close.

Agree to disagree.  Whether you like Jackson or not, Mariota was hardly a clean prospect with great accuracy.  Played in a "gimmick" offense(or was considered one at that time) but struggled with accuracy on "real" throws.

i don't know if Jackson will be able to handle the NFL mentally, but to be honest, the way college football is played, no one should say they are sure any QB in college football can.

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No I didn't, I was watching Iowa.  I just think he continues making strides.  He can be elite if he continues to make strides.  I watch him, and I just see flick of the wrist release and just think he has "it".  As you know, I wouldn't exactly call myself a draftnik, as I don't really break players down, but just something about him tells me he's going to succeed in the NFL.

I figured you were watching Iowa - Iowa St.  Really sorry we lost Jacob Park to the Cyclones.  With Eason going down last week, we could have used him this evening against ND.  Instead we have a true freshman making his first start in South Bend.

Like I said, I am not dismissing Jackson at all.  Just like I would not dismiss Darnold after an off day last weekend.  Just didn't think he was anywhere near as good today as his numbers would indicate. But when he makes a play, it can be a thing of beauty.  Check out this throw from today's game.  Avoids the rush, keeps his eyes downfield, hits the receiver in stride for a 75 yard TD.  Just awesome.

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I figured you were watching Iowa - Iowa St.  Really sorry we lost Jacob Park to the Cyclones.  With Eason going down last week, we could have used him this evening against ND.  Instead we have a true freshman making his first start in South Bend.

Like I said, I am not dismissing Jackson at all.  Just like I would not dismiss Darnold after an off day last weekend.  Just didn't think he was anywhere near as good today as his numbers would indicate. But when he makes a play, it can be a thing of beauty.  Check out this throw from today's game.  Avoids the rush, keeps his eyes downfield, hits the receiver in stride for a 75 yard TD.  Just awesome.

Every time I watch a Jackson highlight like this I get confused, I'm like WTF I thought Vick threw left handed (dead serious as I am watching I expect to see him set up to throw lefty because he looks like Vick so much).

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

Park can sling it.  He really surprised me.  Hope you guys can pull one out in South Bend.

I wasn't necessarily saying dismissing after this week,  I just read a lot of people who write him off in general(which you aren't one).  That throw/play right there is the wrist flick I'm talking about.  Rogers has that.  He just has that type of delivery an natural throw.  It certainly isn't the only thing that goes into being a QB, but that makes me believe he can get there.

Rosen just went 75 yards on like 5 plays capped off by a 35 yard TD pass.

Crazy part is the TE who was Rosen's life line last week has zero catches, game plan is to attack the weak Hawaii D deep, but he does have a 45 yard completion the TE that is lol.

Stidham is going to be a tough evaluation for the scouts, playing in the SEC is tough, and he plays on a usually run first team.  Think he will be more of a scouting combine, interview, pro day evaluation as the SEC defenses will make him look bad at times, but that isn't a terrible thing for a guy who isn't much of a scrambler.  He will be a very interesting prospect, and I can see some teams having very high grades on him, and others as 3rd day prospect, his scouting report will be all over the map IMO come draft day.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Stidham is going to be a tough evaluation for the scouts, playing in the SEC is tough, and he plays on a usually run first team.  Think he will be more of a scouting combine, interview, pro day evaluation as the SEC defenses will make him look bad at times, but that isn't a terrible thing for a guy who isn't much of a scrambler.  He will be a very interesting prospect, and I can see some teams having very high grades on him, and others as 3rd day prospect, his scouting report will be all over the map IMO come draft day.

Holds the ball WAYYY too long. Doesnt line up under center. Plays in Gus Malzhams goofy offense. 

Nope.

4 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Stuck with hurricane coverage on all the network channels. Wish at least one would realize some people need a little break from the same reports hour after hour.they have the ability to break in with importation breaking information 

What annoys me is that WPTV has redundant broadcast on both 5 and FOX. Really? And if you ARE going to do that, get that smug douchebag Weagle or the epic tool Glazer the **** off there and gimme some Felicia!

Screenshot_2017-08-20-22-13-52.png

Archived