Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm watching the one where he is playing in a pro style offense, against a pro style defense, and going 5-5, and a TD pass.

Has a better feel for the pocket than Rosen, quick eyes, great on the run.  Think he is built better for Northeast football.

46 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Has a better feel for the pocket than Rosen, quick eyes, great on the run.  Think he is built better for Northeast football.

Rosen is the quicker QB with his progressions and release, Darnold is better at extending plays and creating things that aren't there at first.  I see a ton of Aaron Rodgers in Rosen and Darnold is all Big Ben.  Both are interchangeable when it comes to throwing on the run.  Rosen's impeccable footwork and mechanics allow him to accurately throw the ball from a number of angles, and Darnold climbs and navigates the pocket better than anyone I've seen in recent years, Luck included.  

These two are both gonna be special.  We HAVE to get one of them

Just now, Mogglez said:

Darnold looking a hell of a lot better than last week. Expected that.

Feel a lot better than last week about potentially not holding the 1st overall pick.

Still need 1st, or 2nd thou.  IF Rosen continues to impress in a way I never thought he would (eating serious crow right now), you take either of these kids, and run.  The rest of the group has a couple of nice 1st round prospects, but none are in the same category of these 2 RIGHT NOW IMO, and a few will bust, and it's so hard to predict which one will bust, and won't IMO from that group as Coaching will play a much bigger role with those guys then they will with Darnold, and Rosen IMO, and if they get put in a bad situation they are doomed to fail where as the top 2 guys can make a system work with their talents.

I really underestimated Rosen, just hope the off the field attitude stuff is really just hater talk, and not a distraction, and it is starting to look like hater talk which I bought into.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

That was better

But I want to see yac because of a perfect ball from the pocket 

OK then come year 2 in the NFL is probably when you will see it, will be a long wait.  Manning didn't have that till after his rookie season which was year 6 post High School for him.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Still need 1st, or 2nd thou.  IF Rosen continues to impress in a way I never thought he would (eating serious crow right now), you take either of these kids, and run.  The rest of the group has a couple of nice 1st round prospects, but none are in the same category of these 2 RIGHT NOW IMO, and a few will bust, and it's so hard to predict which one will bust, and won't IMO from that group as Coaching will play a much bigger role with those guys then they will with Darnold, and Rosen IMO, and if they get put in a bad situation they are doomed to fail where as the top 2 guys can make a system work with their talents.

I really underestimated Rosen, just hope the off the field attitude stuff is really just hater talk, and not a distraction, and it is starting to look like hater talk which I bought into.

It takes a big man to eat his crow.  I've been there. Mucho respecto mi amigo.

I firmly believe, 110%, that these two are going to be everything that we expected out of Luck and RG3. The future of the NFL. These guys are, in my eyes, rich men versions of Winston and Mariota.  I mean that with pure praise.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

It takes a big man to eat his crow.  I've been there. Mucho respecto mi amigo.

I firmly believe, 110%, that these two are going to be everything that we expected out of Luck and RG3. The future of the NFL. These guys are, in my eyes, rich men versions of Winston and Mariota.  I mean that with pure praise.

Jets need to start kissing Irsay's ass NOW, the Colts will probably hold one of the top 2 picks, and we don't have the ammo the Browns, and Bills have, the best we can do is 2018 1st, 2 2nd's, and 2019 1st, and that won't be enough to get it done IMO as the Bills, and/or Browns will trump that easily.

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Holy fan boys lol

Quality analysis. LOL. Dude is an excellent prospect. So is Rosen. Both would bring more arm talent and skill to the Jets than they've had in a LONG TIME. (Forget Favre, he never even wanted to play for us and is now just a hazy memory).

Jets need to start kissing Irsay's ass NOW, the Colts will probably hold one of the top 2 picks, and we don't have the ammo the Browns, and Bills have, the best we can do is 2018 1st, 2 2nd's, and 2019 1st, and that won't be enough to get it done IMO as the Bills, and/or Browns will trump that easily.

I honestly think Luck will be back sooner than most people think, and that we'll be ahead of them, but I get your point.  We're not equipped to make a trade like other teams are.  

Browns may actually have something with Kizer...let's hope.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Slingin' Sammy Darnold with the dimes.  

10-10, 130yds, 2TDs.

Macc should be filing McCown, and Petty to season ending IR right now, and signing Curtis Painter to start until we are 100% certain Hackenberg is awful enough to lost 15 games!

Gotta tell you guys that if you take Rosen, Jackson and Darnold out of the equation, the QB that impress me the most is the Nebraska kid Tanner Lee  . Anyone who thinks Darnold is the best fit for the Jets is a Darnold homer . That kid doesn't have the arm strength to play in the Meadowlands , NE and Buffalo in the winter months . 

Just now, Tinstar said:

Gotta tell you guys that if you take Rosen, Jackson and Darnold out of the equation, the QB that impress me the most is the Nebraska kid Tanner Lee  . Anyone who thinks Darnold is the best fit for the Jets is a Darnold homer . That kid doesn't have the arm strength to play in the Meadowlands , NE and Buffalo in the winter months . 

While I disagree about not having enough arm strength, while it's not the strongest it's more then adequate, and I'd compare it to Brady's at the least which has been more then fine playing in NE all these years.

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Rosen is the quicker QB with his progressions and release, Darnold is better at extending plays and creating things that aren't there at first.  I see a ton of Aaron Rodgers in Rosen and Darnold is all Big Ben.  Both are interchangeable when it comes to throwing on the run.  Rosen's impeccable footwork and mechanics allow him to accurately throw the ball from a number of angles, and Darnold climbs the pocket better than anyone.  

These two are both gonna be special.  We HAVE to get one of them

Agree but think Darnold is a bit quicker on the run thanBig Ben

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Honestly if Macc is watching Rosen VS Hawaii in person over Darnold VS Stanford he needs to get his head examined WTF.

I believe he attended Darnold's game last week. Probably had this type of thing planned out well before the college season started.  Not too crazy.  

Only game I want him all in on, regardless of who is playing who that same day, is when these two play one another.  He better have his ass glued to a seat that night.

3 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Agree but think Darnold is a bit quicker on the run thanBig Ben

Absolutely.  Moves more like Luck.  Play style of those three is basically the same.  They got that unique ability to make magic happen.

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I can't totally agree with the arm strength argument because I think Sam is fine there, but I do agree that there are QBs who are much better fits.  Especially if we are still running a WCO next year.  Rosen, Falk, and Lee are MUCH better "fits" for that.  I think Darnold would be absolutely fine in a WCO, but he is far more suited for an offense like Bruce Arians's or Hue Jackson's if you want to maximize the talent that he has.

23 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

Heard a scout on a Jets podcast this week that suggested keeping an eye on Mississippi states QB Nick Fitzgerald as a possible top of he 2nd round pick if we don't get one of the top guys.

There is a ton of QB's in college right now that not many know are possible good Pro prospects, I wouldn't be surprised to see 1/3 of the league take a QB in the first 2-3 rounds of next years draft, maybe even closer to 40%.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can't totally agree with the arm strength argument because I think Sam is fine there, but I do agree that there are QBs who are much better fits.  Especially if we are still running a WCO next year.  Rosen, Falk, and Lee are MUCH better "fits" for that.  I think Darnold would be absolutely fine in a WCO, but he is far more suited for an offense like Bruce Arians's or Hue Jackson's if you want to maximize the talent that he has.

I think he perfectly suited for Nawlins, Atlanta and Indy . Just don't turn the AC on high .

There is a ton of QB's in college right now that not many know are possible good Pro prospects, I wouldn't be surprised to see 1/3 of the league take a QB in the first 2-3 rounds of next years draft, maybe even closer to 40%.

I agree.  This class isn't just exceptional at the top.  There are a ton of QBs who might declare that would be first round QBs in any other class.  The ones that can stay might actually do it simply because they're gonna get overshadowed by the cream of this excellent crop.

Archived