Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be awesome to see collegiate QBR stats posted non-stop next May as all the draft obsessive eat themselves over which of the ten 1st round grade QB's is the "only right choice!!!"

FYP.

Poor deflect by the way.  If these two are SO head and shoulders better than every other QB prospect, why are they not top 10, or even #1/#2 in QBR?  

It's starting to sound like ALOT of excuse making, especially for Darnold, excusing his poor play and turnover prone ways, in order to justify a previously overstated position for alot of folks on JN.

It's possible Darnold, like most USC QB's, simply isn't as super-duper-awesome a pro prospect as presumed?  

31 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Don't watch too much college football. Sounds like there is no Andrew Luck QB prospect in this draft. A clear cut can't miss franchise QB.

So it there a chance we see a Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger type draft? 

If not then why so much hype? 

There is probably a chance 3 go in top 10 this year, like 2004, given QB needy teams.   But hard to say they are can't miss prospects. 

I remember when Matt Barkley was the sure fire 1st pick... Then he stayed in school, and next year people saw more of him and he got drafted in the 4th round.

On 10/15/2017 at 11:16 AM, RESNewYork said:

Don't watch too much college football. Sounds like there is no Andrew Luck QB prospect in this draft. A clear cut can't miss franchise QB.

So it there a chance we see a Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger type draft? 

If not then why so much hype? 

There's so much hype because we're in the "twitter age" and media people have to
provide a constant stream of "info" to prove their worth

14 hours ago, KRL said:

There's so much hype because we're in the "twitter age" and media people have to
provide a constant stream of "info" to prove their worth

The media covering the Jets is garbage. There is never any substance. Just opinions not supported by facts.

Why don't these reporters try and educate fans to the game of football. Help fans understand terminology like click and turn or robber technique or strategy and actual breakdown.

We just get lazy reporting. Lose, they players quit, unmotivated, unprepared. Win, the opposite.  

10 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Thanks for heads up. Checking out Baker Mayfield right now. He looks good so far.

I'm firmly in his corner.  Measurements be damned, that kid has something special.

Baker Mayfield with the 13 yard run for a TD. One hell of a drive.  A ton of high-low reads and progression from him today, fwiw.  Interesting to see him do that more and more this year.  He'd be such a great fit in John Morton's offense.

Mayfield 32 of 42 411 yds 2 tds 1 int in the comeback win. If Oklahoma had a defense this team would still be in the top 3. Maybe even #1. I had to bail on this game to go out to a function and it was 21-7 K-State. Promised the wife I would leave my phone in the car and did. Mayfield is the real deal just like Watson was last year. Don't **** this up Macc!!

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Mayfield 32 of 42 411 yds 2 tds 1 int in the comeback win. If Oklahoma had a defense this team would still be in the top 3. Maybe even #1. I had to bail on this game to go out to a function and it was 21-7 K-State. Promised the wife I would leave my phone in the car and did. Mayfield is the real deal just like Watson was last year. Don't **** this up Macc!!

2 rush TDs too.  If Lamb doesn't let the KState DB strip him mid air he has 3 Passing TDs with no INTs too.  That would be 5 total TDs.  

I see so much Russell Wilson.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

2 rush TDs too.  If Lamb doesn't let the KState DB strip him mid air he has 3 Passing TDs wifh no INTs too.  That would be 5 total TDs.  

I see so much Russell Wilson.

The guy is just plain tough too. He never quits and loves to play the game. His make-up is perfect to play in NY and the Jets would be stupid to pass this guy up. I was a strong Watson guy last year and I feel just as strongly about Mayfield. The guy has the tools and intangibles to be one hell of an NFL QB.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Turned off the USC game... Darnold's season has been an absolute nightmare.  He's either not coming out (what he should do), or will be way to risky for me to want at this point.

What a brutal pick.

I don't even watch USC anymore. I have seen all I need to know that Darnold needs to stay in school for at least another year. It is to his benefit to do so. I hope he does if he wants an NFL career.

Archived