Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Nope, you said I decide. So I want $5,000 from you if I win and I put up $1,000. 

It is such a definite thing that Bowles will be fired. That is what I keep reading. He probably won't make it through the season. I will pay you the $1,000 as soon as he gets fired. You wouldn't have to pay me the $5,000 until the new league year. But that wouldn't happen because he is getting fired. Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true.

Well, I didn't mean it to be an unfair bet. $1000 for $1000. Or $200 for $200. You oick. I will mail you a check and I expect the same. Whoever wins will cash the check. Good?

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its early, but darnold struggling.  3 of 7 for 22 yards.  USC down 14-7 to western michigan.

Tbf to him, there's at least 3 occasions where his receivers just dropped it. Not had a brilliant game by any stretch (including a pick just there) but he's not been helped by his offence. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Where are you guys watching this from?  I can't find the game.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Because there is nothing special about him. 

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wait, does this mean I am allowed to root for the Jets again? :)

It's amazing the NFL ever gets any worthwhile QBs anymore with the way the position is played in college and lower levels.  None of them understand how to do anything, get everything from the sideline, have 1 read.  And most of them, as Michigan and Florida are showing, aren't even good at that.

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

So is Darnold now off people's boards because he's having a horrible game?  Against

Western Michigan at home, really???

Not off my board, but significantly lower.  This is going to be a week to week evaluation process.  Teams have adjusted.  It's up to him to fight through it.

Archived