Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Who knows. Maybe Rosen should be getting the ball out quicker. Maybe he's not getting his hot reads down correctly. Maybe he is holding onto the ball too long. Bottom line is there is a lot of talent on that team and he is having a very bad game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I generally agree that when a QB is getting pressured on every play that a lot of it is probably the QBs fault, but even in this bad-ish game, he's lighting A&M up

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Thank you.  It means a lot to know it's appreciated.  

I'm lucky to have a buddy for years who let's me in on the inner workings of the team, let alone one who is completely comfortable with me sharing the things that I have.  At the end of the day, I'd never say anything that would put his career at stake.  What he green-lights is what I'll divulge. Nothing more, nothing less.  He lurks here too, loves the place, knows that it's just a forum filled with people who are just as passionate as we were growing up, and feels cool with me passing on information.  Not "anonymouz" criticisms, ala Mehta, ....just tidbits of information.  I guess for some, that information doesn't jive with their own opinions and it causes some hurt feelings.  Not gonna change anything for me or him.  It won't stop me from passing on nuggets here and there.

Does he like me?

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

WOW.

Got away with one there, but he put his team in position to get that chance, and the ball bounced his way.

Also after doing the math the Jets would have had to trade Mo, Lee, Adams, and Burris for Wentz plus a 2nd next year, and we would have had an extra 4th this past draft, but also 17 million per to spend on players after we trade Mo so I'd assume we would have 1, or 2 big time FA offensive signings this past FA period, and maybe still have Marshall, and Decker.

That deal looks like a lot, but it's really not, and I'd take Wentz every single time damn!

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here's my Rosen hot take: he's playing better the more he gets his ass kicked, which will be an extremely valuable trait for whatever quarterback we conscript to play here next May. 

conscript

verb kuh n-skript; noun, adjective kon-skript]
verb (used with object)
to draft for military or naval service.
to compel into service.
noun
a recruit obtained by conscription.
adjective
enrolled or formed by conscription; drafted:
a conscript soldier.

Jets fans when observing Wesley Johnson blocking and WRs who couldn't start at UCLA for a struggling Hack: Man Hack sucks!!! F this guy!!! We are tanking like we play in the NBA

Jets fans when Rosen has top recruits surrounding him and struggles: Man this kid is HOF ready, if he just had better players around him.

Here's the deal guys: Bowles gives the media nothing to write about. They are building this "tank" mantra on their own. It gives them an article to write on a no football news weekend. Don't buy into it. It's 100% fake news.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Jets fans when observing Wesley Johnson blocking and WRs who couldn't start at UCLA for a struggling Hack: Man Hack sucks!!! F this guy!!! We are tanking like we play in the NBA

Jets fans when Rosen has top recruits surrounding him and struggles: Man this kid is HOF ready, if he just had better players around him.

Here's the deal guys: Bowles gives the media nothing to write about. They are building this "tank" mantra on their own. It gives them an article to write on a no football news weekend. Don't buy into it. It's 100% fake news.

Hackenberg is throwing the ball into the stands at this point.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I can tell you that he's on the fringe of entering the top tier for us.  I say this as someone who is not totally sold on Jackson in the 1st just yet so you know I'm not placing my own biases in there.  My buddy and the team, who have, admittedly, done far more research on him than I have, said that he is likely closer to be a top pick than Allen on their board.

Thanks for the color.  It's great to know and get some good info .

Although gh I got to figure the loose lips at one jet drive can't help the jets in the long run.  Much of their info probably falls into end,y hands.

7 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

conscript

verb kuh n-skript; noun, adjective kon-skript]
verb (used with object)
to draft for military or naval service.
to compel into service.
noun
a recruit obtained by conscription.
adjective
enrolled or formed by conscription; drafted:
a conscript soldier.

I attended some of the finest universities on the east coast studying the English language. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Forget the drive, forget that throw, that post play celebration, emotion, genuine **** yeah chest bumping with his teammates is the sh*t I want to see from him, more, more, more of this, and I'll change my mind on this kid.

Forget that incredibly ill-advised blind throw into 3 defenders? Ok.

All's well that ends well. 

He showed a lot of toughness there for sure. 

Archived