Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Was the pic that bad? 

Damn. What's his stats looking like? 

Hes throwing too many pics this year. Maybe he's just being careless with the ball knowing he can rebound? 

They were in the red zone and he just threw it inside.  He got away with another pick that was far worse because the defender bobbled it as he went out of bounds.

Completion percentage is ok, 1TD-1INT.  He's just forcing the issue too much right now.

Just now, Mogglez said:

They were in the red zone and he just threw it a little inside.  He got away with another pick that was far worse because the defender bobbled it as he went out of bounds.

Completion percentage is ok, 1TD-1INT.  He's just forcing the issue too much right now.

you typically see highly praised QB's try to do too much thinking they can save the day.. he just needs to calm down and let the plays come to him. Rosen looks cleaner so far but I still think Darnold has that unreal pocket presence that no one can come close to.

6 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Darnold is forcing his throws, trying to do too much. He makes Brett Favre look like Chad Pennington sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

you typically see highly praised QB's try to do too much thinking they can save the day.. he just needs to calm down and let the plays come to him. Rosen looks cleaner so far but I still think Darnold has that unreal pocket presence that no one can come close to.

Yup... the expectations for Darnold are high, he has so much media attention on him...he's got to feel the weight of that.

6 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Yup... the expectations for Darnold are high, he has so much media attention on him...he's got to feel the weight of that.

It's the stupid change of offensive system, and messing with his mechanics that is the problem, these college coaches don't know when to just leave well enough alone, Darnold needs to get the hell out of that stupid new USC offense as quick as possible.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It's the stupid change of offensive system, and messing with his mechanics that is the problem, these college coaches don't know when to just leave well enough alone, Darnold needs to get the hell out of that stupid new USC offense as quick as possible.

Yeah that really concerns me...I hate that they did him like that scheme wise. Gotta hope it doesn't tamper with his overall development and translation to the NFL 

33 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Was the pic that bad? 

Damn. What's his stats looking like? 

Hes throwing too many pics this year. Maybe he's just being careless with the ball knowing he can rebound? 

It was. The receiver was covered. Dont know what he was seeing there. The video is on the side panel.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400935279

couple quick notes, USC is missing Jones, their top RB and one of their top WRs.  So they are going it's a true freshman at RB.

And one of the Knicks I have heard about Rudolph is arm strength but his 86 yard TD pass looked like it went 50+ yards in the air and dropped it right in his WR's hands.

Wyoming is on TV against Oregon I think and tonight's game between UCLA and Stanford should be a good one.

9 minutes ago, Pcola said:

couple quick notes, USC is missing Jones, their top RB and one of their top WRs.  So they are going it's a true freshman at RB.

And one of the Knicks I have heard about Rudolph is arm strength but his 86 yard TD pass looked like it went 50+ yards in the air and dropped it right in his WR's hands.

Wyoming is on TV against Oregon I think and tonight's game between UCLA and Stanford should be a good one.

Wyo lost to Oregon badly last week. They play Hawaii tonight 

53 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You guys realize this is what was said about Hack changing systems and nobody wants to hear it, right?

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Sam Darnold is so good it’s ridiculous. Stats don’t show it but the way he keeps eyes downfield while making pass rushers miss is amazing. He also scans multiple recievers and is very accurate. Guy is the truth.

He really is. I just don't understand what is causing these turnovers this year.

4 minutes ago, Joejet said:

You guys realize this is what was said about Hack changing systems and nobody wants to hear it, right?

I thought it as soon as I read it...but I pushed it to the back of my head because 

A.) Darnold is miles better.

B.) He is only one year into this spread system.

Rosen footwork is so tremendous I don't think any system could mess his up..lol so there are options at least if Darnold shows concern in April.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Has Darnold really went deep this game? 22-33 198 yards.

edit: USC scored quick.. now has 218 yards LOL ..guess he just went deep. I'm obviously just stat watching.

He had some throws go for YAC. Hasn't hit on one of his deep throws in the 2nd half. Came close a few times, Cal's front 7 is putting on good pressure.

Whether you want Rosen or D'Arnold, the bottom line is that D'Arnold is clearly a special QB. Reminds me a bit of Matthew Stafford, but with absolutely outstanding pocket presence and field vision. You can't really teach that. He's got elite written all over him. I like Rosen as well. Big arm, smart, playmaker -- behind a terrible offensive line. Jets are in good position either way.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Has Darnold really went deep this game? 22-33 198 yards.

edit: USC scored quick.. now has 218 yards LOL ..guess he just went deep. I'm obviously just stat watching.

He has and that's where he's gotten into a bit of trouble.  More of an I consistent day than anything.  Cal also has played phenomenal defense so they deserve credit.  

Looks like he woke up lol. For the record, I don't believe he should stay.  Jameis thew a bunch of picks his final year and he ended up just fine.

10 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Whether you want Rosen or D'Arnold, the bottom line is that D'Arnold is clearly a special QB. Reminds me a bit of Matthew Stafford, but with absolutely outstanding pocket presence and field vision. You can't really teach that. He's got elite written all over him. I like Rosen as well. Big arm, smart, playmaker -- behind a terrible offensive line. Jets are in good position either way.

Funny you mention Stafford, I actually see a lot more of him in Rosen whereas Darnold reminds me more of Big Ben/Andrew Luck.

Archived