Jets Claim TE Will Tye and Other Waiver Claims

JetNation

always good to bring in good young players but it's kind of sad that this is such a big deal around here. none of these guys is anything even closely resembling a difference maker. BTW with that being said, i am totally glued to the wavers to see who we pick up.

20 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

always good to bring in good young players but it's kind of sad that this is such a big deal around here. none of these guys is anything even closely resembling a difference maker. BTW with that being said, i am totally glued to the wavers to see who we pick up.

Not sure the expectation is claiming a "difference maker". Are teams releasing difference makers?

These moves are trying to improve the bottom of your roster, maybe with players w/specific roles in mind i.e. KR/PR, ST. 

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

To be honest, I'd let Dylan Donahue walk....doubt anybody picks him up and we can put him on PS 

No one is claiming Dylan Donahue.   If they are being objective he goes on the practice squad.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Chris  Ivory clone with slightly better hands out of the backfield .

This is exactly what the Jets need.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/904423654468968448

Saw earlier report of RB Alex Collins to the Jets, that is incorrect. Per Collins he is signing with the Ravens practice squad.

oh well....

Probably goes to PS if clears waivers  

Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoSNY)

9/3/17, 2:28 PM

Jets are cutting LB Freddie Bishop, according to a source. One of four moves they need to make to add these four players: twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/…

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Probably goes to PS if clears waivers  

Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoSNY)

9/3/17, 2:28 PM

Jets are cutting LB Freddie Bishop, according to a source. One of four moves they need to make to add these four players: twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/…

The kid the team added is 2 years younger and more athletic, so it makes sense on the rebuilding with young talent level .

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Best fit WCO

Jets claimed WR Damore'ea Stringfellow from the Dolphins. 99-yard TD in the preseason cc: @AnthonyBiase

Plus body control. Can twist and turn in are and has impressive ability to finish the circus catch deep down the field. Big target with catch radius that is a big advantage. Can sink low to dig throws off the grass. Targets ball at the high point. Playing style very similar to former teammate Laquon Treadwell. Works aggressively back to the throw preventing the contested catch. Gave Alabama All-American cornerback Bobby Humphrey plenty of work in their early season matchup. Excels as a vertical threat when ball is in the air. Shows zone-beater tendencies underneath. 

Weaknesses

Not much juice in his release and could become a jam target by physical cornerbacks. Can be uninspiring with his routes. Could use more sharpness and urgency into and out of the top of his routes. Is slow and labored sinking into his break for comeback routes. Lacks foot quickness to uncover on short throws. Scouts question his long speed; might need extended runway to reach top gear. Hands were inconsistent in 2016 season. Won't look for extra work as a blocker. 

Draft Projection

Round 6

Sources Tell Us

"I like him better than a lot of the scouts I talk to. He competes and he's a better athlete than people give him credit for. I'm hoping he's there for us on the third day (Rounds 4-7)." -- NFC West scout

NFL Comparison

Tre McBride

Bottom Line

Big receiver with average speed but an ability to track the ball and win it at the high point. Might not ever be dynamic enough to be a dangerous starting target, but he has the body control and competitiveness to work the second and third levels with some success. Improved route-running should improve his separation ability but average starter might be his ceiling. His best fit could be with a West Coast offense.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/damoreea-stringfellow?id=2557989

This guys likes him.

Damore’ea Stringfellow   WR   Mississippi  

TALENT
ROUND

STRENGTHS
Damore’ea doesn’t have lot stats but turn on the film and his play jumps out at you with the shocking suddenness of a person parachuting and landing into your backyard pool. His ability to adjust in the air and high point the ball with strong hands while contested is impressive. He reminds me of Bengals A. J. Green because of his ability to go deep and catch the ball along with his ability to move the chains and play against zone or single coverage’s. Damore’ea understands his talent and is football smart when running his routes. He’s a red zone nightmare because of his size and large catch radius. Damore’ea has all the talent to be a franchise receiver but like I say, it takes more than talent to play in the NFL. 

CONCERNS
Damore’ea is not a choir boy. So far as I can tell the problems he had will be up to the teams as to how much they affect his ratings. For me, with the information I have, his issues are non issues. The next question is does he have the mental strength and stamina to become a receiver who can carry the passing offense? He has to prove that at the next level. As usually with all young receivers he will have to learn better overall techniques but once again nothing I see on film that he can’t improve at, if he wants badly enough. 

BOTTOM LINE
Damore’ea is on the brink of being a franchise receiver. On film he has all the talent required along with the acrobatics and ability to catch contested passes. My guess is Damore’ea most likely will not be selected in the first round but trust me if I needed a wide receiver I would select him unless, there was something in his interviews that told me differently. The key here is to look at Rob’s value board for what round he will likely be selected in and not over drafting Damore’ea if you don’t need to. Right now he’s a bit of a sleeper but if Damore’ea workouts are good he could shoot up the boards because when you put the film on he flashes with the talent you need to have a successful passing game. With the information I have, I have no problems selecting Damore’ea at some point in the first round but that’s just crazy Drew.

Drew Boylhart  JAN.2017

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Alex Collins for Arkansas made an amazing play 2 years ago to beat Ole Miss, which put Bama in the SEC Championship game and eventually the playoffs.  I love the guy!

This guy liked him as well.

Alex Collins   RB   Arkansas

STRENGTHS
Alex is a quick cutting power runner who has excellent lateral agility and explosion. He has explosive lower body strength to break tackles and is a complete back in running, catching and blocking. Alex has the speed to turn the corner on sweeps and is deadly in the open field with his quick cutting agility. He will make a player miss between the tackles and in the open field because of his vision. He has the physical toughness to carry the ball for all three downs because of his ability to pick up and block a blitzing opponent and catch the ball out of the backfield and down the field like a receiver. Alex has played and produced out of a multiple back offense running with a fullback and out of the spread as a single back. He has the talent to impact and become a franchise back for the team that drafts him. 

CONCERNS
A lack of maturity to handle success has reared its ugly head for Alex this season. His college coach had to sit Alex down against some top teams for team rule infractions. It makes you wonder, if he can so easily let down his teammates and coaches at the college level without money, what he will do at the next level with money. Of course Alex runs a little high, so injuries and fumbles are an issue, but I’m nit picking at this point. Maturity, or the lack thereof, is the real concern. 

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 1
Alex has all the talent you look for in a complete running back for the team that selects him but he will have to answer for acting immature and forcing his coach to react to that immaturity during the season. It’s a red flag on a really talented player, but it doesn’t mean that I would not draft him in the first round; it just means I would rate other running backs with equal talent and fewer knucklehead off field issues ahead of him in this process. That means that Alex may have knocked himself out of consideration to be selected in the 1st, 2nd or possibly even the 3rd round as this position is not valued that high by many teams. So, sleeping late and missing meetings will cost Alex some money and if that doesn’t bother him that’s just another red flag to put into the evaluation. Now you see how all of the little things add up to a big thing. I just hope Alex sees it as well. He’s still a 1st round talent who might not be selected until later in the draft so look at Rob’s board to see the round he most likely will be selected in. Ah…the two board system. Its value is to find players in every round with talent rated from previous rounds and Alex just might fall into that category.

Drew Boylhart  MAR.2016

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Rumors that Bruce Carter was released - Jets going with 3 ILBs and looks like Stanford made it over Carter. 

The pissing and moaning about releasing Stanford on his wedding day seems to have been for naught 

Field Yates (@FieldYates)

9/3/17, 4:38 PM

The Jets have cut veteran LB Bruce Carter, per league source.

there's quite a bit of good young talent that received their walking papers yesterday and today... disappointed we're not bringing in (more offensive) projects for our PS, or depth... ie. Bucky Hodges, Keyarris Garrett, CB H. Miller, Tre McBride, S, RB D. Smith, etc

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

there's quite a bit of good young talent that received their walking papers yesterday and today... disappointed we're not bringing in (more offensive) projects for our PS, or depth... ie. Bucky Hodges, Keyarris Garrett, CB H. Miller, Tre McBride, S, RB D. Smith, etc

Bucky Hodges, Stephen Morris, Brandon Allen should all be brought in here.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Still might be worth claiming him

Chris Tomasson (@christomasson)

9/3/17, 5:04 PM

#Vikings rookie tight end Bucky Hodges left Thursday's preseason finale in the first half to be evaluated for a concussion.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bucky Hodges, Stephen Morris, Brandon Allen should all be brought in here.

There has to be a developmental tackle who got cut out there somewhere too. I don't think you're getting value out of having two RT only guys and a swing tackle. Cut one of the RT's and see if you can get lucky and mold some athletic guy into a LT prospect.

22 minutes ago, derp said:

There has to be a developmental tackle who got cut out there somewhere too. I don't think you're getting value out of having two RT only guys and a swing tackle. Cut one of the RT's and see if you can get lucky and mold some athletic guy into a LT prospect.

Surprised they haven't brought back the Leamon dude, it they did sign a CFL guy the Packers just cut. http://3downnation.com/2017/03/30/top-cfl-prospect-geoff-gray-draws-nine-nfl-teams-pro-day/

9 hours ago, JetNation said:

WIll-Tye.jpg

The Jets needed to add some depth at tight end and they didn’t have to look very far to get one as they’ve claimed former Giants tight end Will Tye, according to Field Yates.

In 29 career games, Tye has  90 receptions for  859 yards and 4 touchdowns.

With Austin Seferian-Jenkins suspended for the first two games of the season and no proven pass catchers in Jordan Leggett, Eric Tomlinson and Jason Vander Laan, the addition of Tye makes sense.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

HSYX16rirTA

Click here to read the full story...

Nobody is going to comment that the Tweeter's name is "Field Yates".  Some people have names that are meant to be in the spotlight (in one way or another).  Field Yates qualifies in my book.

9 hours ago, JetNation said:

WIll-Tye.jpg

The Jets needed to add some depth at tight end and they didn’t have to look very far to get one as they’ve claimed former Giants tight end Will Tye, according to Field Yates.

In 29 career games, Tye has  90 receptions for  859 yards and 4 touchdowns.

With Austin Seferian-Jenkins suspended for the first two games of the season and no proven pass catchers in Jordan Leggett, Eric Tomlinson and Jason Vander Laan, the addition of Tye makes sense.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

HSYX16rirTA

Click here to read the full story...

Nobody is going to comment that the Tweeter's name is "Field Yates".  Some people have names that are meant to be in the spotlight (in one way or another).  Field Yates qualifies in my book.

Archived