Is it wrong?

Jetster

To hope McCown twists an ankle or something? Nothing serious, just enough to get Petty in there. McCown wins mean nada to me but seeing us get wins with Petty at QB is another thing. We find out nothing with a few McCown victories as everything he does the only thing I'll care about is what's happening in the other side of his passes or handoffs.

The season could actually be kind of fun if Petty gets some confidence & starts slinging it around. We all know the guy can throw & I would imagine the young guys would like his enthusiasm. I don't hate McCown, but any success he has means nothing for our future except the players on the receiving end. Much rather see Petty get comfortable with the guys that rise to be starters. 

35 minutes ago, Jetster said:

To hope McCown twists an ankle or something? Nothing serious, just enough to get Petty in there. McCown wins mean nada to me but seeing us get wins with Petty at QB is another thing. We find out nothing with a few McCown victories as everything he does the only thing I'll care about is what's happening in the other side of his passes or handoffs.

The season could actually be kind of fun if Petty gets some confidence & starts slinging it around. We all know the guy can throw & I would imagine the young guys would like his enthusiasm. I don't hate McCown, but any success he has means nothing for our future except the players on the receiving end. Much rather see Petty get comfortable with the guys that rise to be starters. 

I wish injury on any professional athlete.......but coming out of the tunnel for warm ups he could stub his toe. 

Trainers check on New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown (15) after he took a hard hit from the Philadelphia Eagles during the first half of an NFL football game, Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017, in East Rutherford, N.J.

The biggest question is would Bowles turn to Petty if McCown is ineffective in the 1st half. Say we're down 10-3 & McCown is completely awful. The Jets are not in a position where any one of the QBs on the roster are teflon. I mean you hear announcers sometimes say, " they can't pull him this early, you could ruin his confidence". How is that possible with a guy that has won 2 games in 2 years & has bounced around like a pinball through the league? 

Would Bowles have the balls to go to the bullpen for Petty early? I hope so.

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yes but you knew that .

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Hopefully McCown has his car break down somewhere with no Cell service, and can't make the team plane, or something like that don't want to wish injury on anyone (well except Fitzpatrick **** that guy).

The biggest question is would Bowles turn to Petty if McCown is ineffective in the 1st half. Say we're down 10-3 & McCown is completely awful. The Jets are not in a position where any one of the QBs on the roster are teflon. I mean you hear announcers sometimes say, " they can't pull him this early, you could ruin his confidence". How is that possible with a guy that has won 2 games in 2 years & has bounced around like a pinball through the league? 

No Bowles has no balls, best chance to win, and stuff.

No. See Fitz 1.0

Is it wrong to wish for injuries to players?  Yes.

Is it wrong to start another thread about the same topic that's endlessly discussed across this board?  Yes.

Is it wrong to pretend Petty suddenly magically became more than the crappy QB everyone was saying he was all throughout the offseason, just because Hack turns out to be even worse?  Yes.

Then again, it's probably wrong to even be rooting for this team, so what are you going to do?

I wish an injury on no one.   

IMO at this point and time, now that they have named McCown the starter, the Jets coaching staff and FO get to see if their plan makes sense and can take us where we want to go. 

Now that Petty is number 2 on the depth chart, Bowles and the FO might genuinely believe that Petty is six games from being truly ready ready and we have to wait if that is in fact the case. 

Wishing any type of injury on McCown is not really helpful at this point.  

IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME WAY THAT A YOUNGER PLAYER COULD GET SOME PT THAT DIDN'T RESULT FROM A WASHED UP VETERAN SUFFERING A DEBILITATING INJURY. PERHAPS IF THERE WAS SOME SORT OF OVERSEER THAT COULD CONSCIOUSLY ELECT TO GIVE THAT YOUNGER PLAYER SOME PT BUT NO IT'S ENTIRELY IN THE HANDS OF FATE

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Nope.  Hell I hope Bowles stubs his toe really damn hard for every time he says, "[insert random old piece of sh*t QB] gives us the best chance to win."

Not just QBs. Every time he calls a draw on 3rd and long, or punts down by 10 with less than 3 minutes left, and countless other safe cover your ass type of Bowles movements. 

The worst is when he goes for it on 4th down early in the game running straight up the middle and doesn't get it, then he never tries again. the whole point of 4th and short is you take a calculated risk knowing the odds are in your favor. For odds to work in your favor you must continue to try. Drives me crazy. 

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rooting for our own players to get hurt.

Again.

And people wonder why this franchise is such a joke.

I want Petty to play.  By earning it.  

So what more should he do than what he did in the Giants game to 'earn it'?  Play Special Teams?

4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

This is a terrible thread. 

It's only terrible because we seem to have a GM that's tearing down for a rebuild and a HC that seems to be dead set against it. This is frustration coming out.

I think most fans would rather play to win than play it safe. The only thing standing in the way of that is Bowles and his inner Herm. 

McCowns best role on this team would be as a mentor and emergency starter.

He is going to get hurt if he starts anyway. History has proven that. Better that he busts a toe at home than risk serious injury on the field. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bowles did not sign him for $6MM

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

It's only terrible because we seem to have a GM that's tearing down for a rebuild and a HC that seems to be dead set against it. This is frustration coming out.

I think most fans would rather play to win than play it safe. The only thing standing in the way of that is Bowles and his inner Herm. 

McCowns best role on this team would be as a mentor and emergency starter.

He is going to get hurt if he starts anyway. History has proven that. Better that he busts a toe at home than risk serious injury on the field. 

Frustrated or not, wishing injury on someone is just wrong. 

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

The same OP who started the rah rah let's give Mac a chance to build is wishing harm on his own players. What an ironic piece of sh*t 

You know wishing something has no effect whatsoever on it actually happening. 

The world today is a little upside down. I call them the "Words Matter" crowd. Actions matter. Words not so much. We used to teach our children this. 

We don't need to run to a safe space because someone wished tongue in cheek that a player suffered some minor discomfort so that our coach would be forced into making the proper decision.  

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You know wishing something has no effect whatsoever on it actually happening. 

The world today is a little upside down. I call them the "Words Matter" crowd. Actions matter. Words not so much. We used to teach our children this. 

We don't need to run to a safe space because someone wished tongue in cheek that a player suffered some minor discomfort so that our coach would be forced into making the proper decision.  

This is a butt fumble worthy post. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Not just QBs. Every time he calls a draw on 3rd and long, or punts down by 10 with less than 3 minutes left, and countless other safe cover your ass type of Bowles movements. 

The worst is when he goes for it on 4th down early in the game running straight up the middle and doesn't get it, then he never tries again. the whole point of 4th and short is you take a calculated risk knowing the odds are in your favor. For odds to work in your favor you must continue to try. Drives me crazy. 

Well I hope he decides to punt all 4th quarter long as we're losing this year.

Rack up the losses please!  :Trk:

Yes, it's wrong.  

Josh McCown hasn't done anything wrong, he's shown up, done what's been asked of him, and hasn't made a fuss about anything.  

It's won't matter until the decision makers either grow a pair, or get fired.  We all wished to send of Fitzpatrick, and we got our wishes.  Only for him to be replaced by McCown.  So if McCown goes down, I'm sure we'll make some asinine veteran pick up, and then Bowles will preach him as the leader of the free world, and the wheel will go round again.   

10 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Yes, it's wrong.  

Josh McCown hasn't done anything wrong, he's shown up, done what's been asked of him, and hasn't made a fuss about anything.  

It's won't matter until the decision makers either grow a pair, or get fired.  We all wished to send of Fitzpatrick, and we got our wishes.  Only for him to be replaced by McCown.  So if McCown goes down, I'm sure we'll make some asinine veteran pick up, and then Bowles will preach him as the leader of the free world, and the wheel will go round again.   

This is all so sad dear fellow Jet fans.

Archived