Is it wrong?

Jetster

I'm not wishing McCown an injury but age and his history almost guarantee it. Especially with this OL. Petty should be starting and most likely will be if and when McCown goes down. What can you do? If the preseason is any indication this season will be a long one. Rebuilding sucks but it is necessary. Macc at the helm of this rebuild worries me more than anything else.

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

The biggest question is would Bowles turn to Petty if McCown is ineffective in the 1st half. Say we're down 10-3 & McCown is completely awful. The Jets are not in a position where any one of the QBs on the roster are teflon. I mean you hear announcers sometimes say, " they can't pull him this early, you could ruin his confidence". How is that possible with a guy that has won 2 games in 2 years & has bounced around like a pinball through the league? 

Would Bowles have the balls to go to the bullpen for Petty early? I hope so.

Lol he didn't bench Fitz after he stunk for 11 weeks or so. 

15 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Frustrated or not, wishing injury on someone is just wrong. 

I said a twisted ankle, my god it's like I wrote tear an ACL, lol. I twist my ankle at least once playing B ball, give me a break. 

15 hours ago, Lizard King said:

The same OP who started the rah rah let's give Mac a chance to build is wishing harm on his own players. What an ironic piece of sh*t 

Ironic? What the hell man. Put together a sentence that makes sense before responding. A fan can be ok with his GM & not agree with a coaching decision. Jet fans are the worst. And anyone that believes playing McClown means anything for our immediate future is a moron, just like Bowles. Bowles didn't learn SH*T from 2016 and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

15 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You know wishing something has no effect whatsoever on it actually happening. 

The world today is a little upside down. I call them the "Words Matter" crowd. Actions matter. Words not so much. We used to teach our children this. 

We don't need to run to a safe space because someone wished tongue in cheek that a player suffered some minor discomfort so that our coach would be forced into making the proper decision.  

Sticks and stones may break my bones but since I'm a vet Bowles plays me..;)

16 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Not just QBs. Every time he calls a draw on 3rd and long, or punts down by 10 with less than 3 minutes left, and countless other safe cover your ass type of Bowles movements. 

The worst is when he goes for it on 4th down early in the game running straight up the middle and doesn't get it, then he never tries again. the whole point of 4th and short is you take a calculated risk knowing the odds are in your favor. For odds to work in your favor you must continue to try. Drives me crazy. 

Winning NFL coaches do not allow their OCs to call nor their offenses to run 4 yard dumpoff passes on 3rd and 8.If the HC is not screaming into his headset the first time that happens in the preseason he is loser.  The Jets are so awful the only way they can win a game is by taking a few calculated risks and hope some of them work. The risk averse scared pussyball mindset is never going to get you anywhere.Not saying you have to run a post pattern every other play, but the run/run/incomplete pass/punt offense is a disgrace. But Woody Johnson, whether it's Edwards, Ryan or Bowles keeps hiring that guy.

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

To hope McCown twists an ankle or something? Nothing serious, just enough to get Petty in there. McCown wins mean nada to me but seeing us get wins with Petty at QB is another thing. We find out nothing with a few McCown victories as everything he does the only thing I'll care about is what's happening in the other side of his passes or handoffs.

The season could actually be kind of fun if Petty gets some confidence & starts slinging it around. We all know the guy can throw & I would imagine the young guys would like his enthusiasm. I don't hate McCown, but any success he has means nothing for our future except the players on the receiving end. Much rather see Petty get comfortable with the guys that rise to be starters. 

Lol... But it's the fans that evaluate the team and Mac objectively who are the real assholes... wow.

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I wish an injury on no one.   

IMO at this point and time, now that they have named McCown the starter, the Jets coaching staff and FO get to see if their plan makes sense and can take us where we want to go. 

Now that Petty is number 2 on the depth chart, Bowles and the FO might genuinely believe that Petty is six games from being truly ready ready and we have to wait if that is in fact the case. 

Wishing any type of injury on McCown is not really helpful at this point.  

I wouldn't wish an injury, but I wouldn't cry if someone tied his shoelaces together.

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

To hope McCown twists an ankle or something? Nothing serious, just enough to get Petty in there. McCown wins mean nada to me but seeing us get wins with Petty at QB is another thing. We find out nothing with a few McCown victories as everything he does the only thing I'll care about is what's happening in the other side of his passes or handoffs.

The season could actually be kind of fun if Petty gets some confidence & starts slinging it around. We all know the guy can throw & I would imagine the young guys would like his enthusiasm. I don't hate McCown, but any success he has means nothing for our future except the players on the receiving end. Much rather see Petty get comfortable with the guys that rise to be starters. 

On 9/2/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jetster said:

You are truly one of the worst most miserable Jet fans I've ever encountered.

On 9/3/2017 at 2:19 PM, Jetster said:

The biggest question is would Bowles turn to Petty if McCown is ineffective in the 1st half. Say we're down 10-3 & McCown is completely awful. The Jets are not in a position where any one of the QBs on the roster are teflon. I mean you hear announcers sometimes say, " they can't pull him this early, you could ruin his confidence". How is that possible with a guy that has won 2 games in 2 years & has bounced around like a pinball through the league? 

Would Bowles have the balls to go to the bullpen for Petty early? I hope so.

10-3?  is that all?  i wouldn't take mccown out unless there was something else.  teams can sometimes turn it around at half time.  they adjust and suddently find the plays that work.  now if was 28-3, then it's time to bring out someone else.

On 9/3/2017 at 2:09 PM, Jetster said:

Don't worry ; the offensive line will take care of this .

Petty will start the home opener somehow, someway.  I just can't envision a scenario where poor Josh McCown is thrown to the wolves to absorb all the merciless booing that's sure to take place the second he steps on the field at home.  Unless he miraculously turns into Joe Montana, he will be booed for 4 quarters every home start.  Jets fans have had enough.  Even the mismanaged and backwards Jets brass have to recognize the PR nightmare this is going to be for them all year. 

18 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Petty will start the home opener somehow, someway.  I just can't envision a scenario where poor Josh McCown is thrown to the wolves to absorb all the merciless booing that's sure to take place the second he steps on the field at home.  Unless he miraculously turns into Joe Montana, he will be booed for 4 quarters every home start.  Jets fans have had enough.  Even the mismanaged and backwards Jets brass have to recognize the PR nightmare this is going to be for them all year. 

You mean fans don't like it when a team start planing to tank in April?  They are so ******* shortsighted!

23 hours ago, rangerous said:

10-3?  is that all?  i wouldn't take mccown out unless there was something else.  teams can sometimes turn it around at half time.  they adjust and suddently find the plays that work.  now if was 28-3, then it's time to bring out someone else.

Josh Rosen says hello :)

Archived