Let's start talking Jets \ Bills

Maxman

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, section314 said:

Buffalo is always a tough place to play, and opening day will make it worse.With an inexperienced O line, and all young receivers, this will be a tough test.I don't think the Bills are necessarily better than us, but this is a tough spot. I could see us winning the rematch on Thursday night later on.

I didn't realize the Bills/Jets played a prime time game.  Wonder what the ratings will be for that? 

Darryl Slater‏ @DarrylSlater 

Bowles said he possibly (not definite) could reveal backup QB Wednesday. Said too early to know if Petty will be healthy for Sunday. #Jets

Todd Bowles said he won't reveal his offensive tackle or outside linebacker starters until Wednesday.

Todd Bowles won't comment at all on injuries (James Carpenter and Kelvin Beachum most notably) until Wednesday.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

The season opener is a week away. Let's start talking Jets \ Bills. If you want to talk about how much you want the Jets to lose this game, THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR YOU.

Some thoughts on the game.

• The Jets are one of the youngest teams in the NFL, the Bills are one of the oldest. Source.
  • Things are so tough for the Bills right now, they shut down their official message board. Source.
  • Head coach Sean McDermott is putting in his new defense. Does it take them a few weeks (or all year) to sort out the kinks?
  • Will the Jets be able to run against Buffalo? Their DLine is good and the Jets OLine is a question mark to put it lightly. A lot of things keep me up at night and the thought of Josh McCown having to throw on 3rd and 1, because the Jets can't run, is one of them. Wildcat anyone?
  • Suspensions are going to hurt the Jets so much early, Jenkins and Marshall. Who is the # 2 wide out after Robby Anderson? Can Stewart or Hansen help out immediately? That is a lot to ask of a young wide receiver.
  • The Bills have 3 QBs (Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman and TJ Yates) and two of them were in the concussion protocol as of Thursday I believe. Who starts? Also, would the Jets have more success if McCown played with a concussion? (Kidding). :)

I think the line opened up with Buffalo as a 6.5 point favorite and is now at Buffalo as a 9 point favorite. 

Anyhow those are some thoughts. Figured I would get a serious conversation going about the game.

Buffalo is a 9 point favorite over us??  And they're one of the teams that are in contention for the #1 overall pick?  Wow!

3 hours ago, slats said:

I'd think a fantasy football league would have to have about 40 teams before a Jet got drafted. 

I'm down with this being an ugly game from both teams, with the winning margin coming from a couple broken plays. 

Who would the first fantasy Jet (on offense) be?  Bilal Powell?

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Who would the first fantasy Jet (on offense) be?  Bilal Powell?

Yes, or Forte.  Both will be #3 or #4 RBs.  And maybe the only other one might be Robby Anderson as a #3 or #4 WR but the guy from SEA might throw a monkey wrench into that.  If ASJ comes back strong, he could be a midseason pickup.  That's about it as far as I can see.

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Buffalo is a 9 point favorite over us??  And they're one of the teams that are in contention for the #1 overall pick?  Wow!

Everyone is in contention for the # 1 pick. Nobody has played a game yet.

3 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Vegas is begging you to take the Jets with a 9 point spread. Bank on a big Buffalo win here...

I don't bet on games, but if I did I'd take the Jets +9 - Buffalo has no business being 9 point favorites against anyone

4 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

I don't bet on games, but if I did I'd take the Jets +9 - Buffalo has no business being 9 point favorites against anyone

Yes, I agree. I am jumping in on this one myself. And I don't normally do that.

1 hour ago, jetfuel said:

56 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes, I agree. I am jumping in on this one myself. And I don't normally do that.

This logic caused me to give up betting on games back in the 80s.    Can't tell you how Vegas/the Mob knows, but they do.  All the games I lost by that friggin' half point put my bookie's kid through college.

Archived