Who will lead the Jets in Receptions?

Sarge4Tide

Leader in Receptions?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receptions for the 2017 Jets?

• RB Bilal Powell
    • RB Matt Forte
    • TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    • TE Will Tye
    • TE Jordan Leggett
    • WR Robbie Anderson
    • WR Ardarius Stewart
    • WR Chad Hansen
    • WR Charone Peake
    • WR Jermaine Kearse
    • WR Jalin Marshall
    • WR Damore'ea Stringfellow
    • Someone Else

It might be Powell. I hope it isn't Jenkins. I want him to have a great year, but hope he isn't the top receiver. 

So I voted for Robby. That is the best bet, his yards per catch should be pretty good so if he leads the team in catches that is one positive.

Will likely be Anderson, as he'll certainly be the top target to start the year off.  Second half of the year, Kearse will probably be taking a bunch of those targets, but there will obviously be some slow go of that at the start of the year.  I could see some arguments for the backs, but in all likelihood Forte, Powell, and McGuire will all be constantly shuffling in and out.  Stewart and Hansen will surely get plenty of PT themselves, and in all likelihood, there's going to just be a lot of guys with middle of the road type reception numbers not all that far from them each other.  Anderson probably takes it with catches in the 40s or 50s.

44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It might be Powell. I hope it isn't Jenkins. I want him to have a great year, but hope he isn't the top receiver. 

So I voted for Robby. That is the best bet, his yards per catch should be pretty good so if he leads the team in catches that is one positive.

If ASJ wasn't suspended the first two games, he'd've gotten my vote. Even with the suspension, I could see him finish first. 

That's a damn good question. Its a hard one to answer because none of the receiving options have proven to be a reliable option in the passing game as of yet.

Powell isn't an unfair answer then since you figure there will be quite a bit of checking down going on for multiple reasons. But his reps will be split up a bit, sometimes it'll be Forte out there, sometimes McGuire. While I'm willing to bet he gets the lion's share of those reps I don't know if its enough to catch up to whatever TE or WR that does become a favorite target.

Its a battle between Jenkins and Anderson for me, especially if Petty gets in at some point. I'll say Anderson just because Jenkins has a bit of an injury history going against him.

Hansen's a dark horse, I think he becomes the team's main "possession" receiver by years end. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

If ASJ wasn't suspended the first two games, he'd've gotten my vote. Even with the suspension, I could see him finish first. 

Yeah I agree, and that thought scares me. I am happy, I think they have a real tight end in him. But scared that they have nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

That's a damn good question. Its a hard one to answer because none of the receiving options have proven to be a reliable option in the passing game as of yet.

Powell isn't an unfair answer then since you figure there will be quite a bit of checking down going on for multiple reasons. But his reps will be split up a bit, sometimes it'll be Forte out there, sometimes McGuire. While I'm willing to bet he gets the lion's share of those reps I don't know if its enough to catch up to whatever TE or WR that does become a favorite target.

Its a battle between Jenkins and Anderson for me, especially if Petty gets in at some point. I'll say Anderson just because Jenkins has a bit of an injury history going against him.

Hansen's a dark horse, I think he becomes the team's main "possession" receiver by years end. 

I like Hansen, but if he leads the team in receptions that could be really bad. I have him down for like 24 catches lol.

Powell because of the weak offense and the west coast system...

But I hope it's Anderson because that means we're opening the offense up a little for some reason... Good QB play, strong OL giving the QB time, etc...

I think Kearse gets the #1 CB every game and will have minimal impact... 

5 hours ago, slats said:

Yeah I see him having a big year, he's looked really good to me.

Went with Kearse because of the suspension.

If Petty starts most of the games though it will be Anderson, he just locks onto him

Archived