Jets 1-0 Start

kevinc855

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Unfortunatly this is "Tank Bowl" we are trying to Win, the Bills are trying to lose. I think we Win only because like last year the Bill are throwing the game, which is just wrong.  

There is no such thing as Pro Players trying to lose a game, let alone lose a game on their Home Opener. Coaches and players want to win regardless, they still have contracts to play for. "Tanking" is a made up thing, sure you can cut talent from the GM level but the players are still on the field playing for a W.

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Looks like the Bills may be starting a rookie 5th round draft pick this Sunday. I can say I would love nothing more then deal a blow to Colin Cowherds  0-16 prediction right on week 1.

If Peterman starts, does Bowles get fired if the Jets lose,lol. I mean think about this for a second. This is Bowles 3rd year, facing a team with an entire new coaching staff, playing a 5th round rookie QB! Granted the Jets are actually a lot younger team but Buffalo got rid of 3 of their WRs from last year, Watkins, Woods, Goodson & Gilleslie the backup RB. This would be probably Bowles worse loss EVER if Bills are victorious with Peterman starting. This is a lot different than losing to the Texans with a vet that just got off his couch, Texans have a kick azz defense. As everyone has probably deduced from my posts I'm a keep Macc, toss Bowles Jet fan. Bowles has a LOT to prove to me! Macc doesn't make the call to sit on 2 minutes at the end of halves, call TOs at the wrong times, and every other bad calls. Bowles has ZERO feel for games, he goes for it & if he misses, he crawls in to his shell like a turtle. He has zero balls & never does what it takes to STEAL a game with inferior talent.

The Jets are in a better position to win if TT doesn't play. But leave it to the Jets to lose to a rookie Qb on opening day. Although Peterman could be the guy who ends up being their starter. He was impressive during pre-season and ran their offense competently (unlike Hack). He could potentially be this year's Prescott. Even a tough guy like Mccoy who doesn't hand out too many bouquets siad the kid was pretty good. 

4 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'd be ok with winning if Petty or Hack was the one starting.  With McCown though there really is no point in winning a 12-10 game to a tanking Bills team.  

Bullsh*t. I'm a Jets fan, I'm rooting for them to win. It's opening day. What a messed up mentality!

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

There is no such thing as Pro Players trying to lose a game, let alone lose a game on their Home Opener. Coaches and players want to win regardless, they still have contracts to play for. "Tanking" is a made up thing, sure you can cut talent from the GM level but the players are still on the field playing for a W.

Coaches tank game 16 maybe 15.

The Bills' FO is tanking this game and season.  The Jets are winning.  

3 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'd be ok with winning if Petty or Hack was the one starting.  With McCown though there really is no point in winning a 12-10 game to a tanking Bills team.  

That is the tragedy.  The  Bills will end up with a QB we want, who will haunt us for 10 years.  

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Really, the Bills pulled Tyrod Taylor last year for EJ Manual, after firing Rex. They tanked the game. Watch Taylor be ready for week 2. Playing a rookie week one. They are cutting or trading anyone who can play. It's a tank job.

17 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Bullsh*t. I'm a Jets fan, I'm rooting for them to win. It's opening day. What Mstuoud mentality.

I get it, the right thing to say if you're a "Real fan" is "I can never root for my team to lose" but the reality is the Jets are rebuilding and the best thing for the future of the franchise is to get a top pick.  I know it's a losers mentality but if the Jets go 6-10 that would be considered a success as far as 2017 goes.  But what's the point?  We get the 10th pick, draft the BPA and go sign Tyrod Taylor or Alex Smith in the off season?  It stinks to have to think this way but in order to start winning this team needs to just rip off the band aid.  Keep in mind it's also not just getting a top pick in the first rd. its all subsequent rounds, having the 33rd pick let's say can be our LT for the next 10 years or that studd WR we need to compliment the $80+ million in cap space we'll have

No matter how loyal a Jets fan you are, I don't know how anyone can be rooting for the Jets to win even one game this year.  The organization clearly is in full tank mode and isn't concerned at all with being competitive, so why should Jets fans still blindly root for the team to win when the team itself doesn't want to win???  All we should be rooting for is to see our young players show improvement and growth during the course of the year. 

7 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I get it, the right thing to say if you're a "Real fan" is "I can never root for my team to lose" but the reality is the Jets are rebuilding and the best thing for the future of the franchise is to get a top pick.  I know it's a losers mentality but if the Jets go 6-10 that would be considered a success as far as 2017 goes.  But what's the point?  We get the 10th pick, draft the BPA and go sign Tyrod Taylor or Alex Smith in the off season?  It stinks to have to think this way but in order to start winning this team needs to just rip off the band aid.  Keep in mind it's also not just getting a top pick in the first rd. its all subsequent rounds, having the 33rd pick let's say can be our LT for the next 10 years or that studd WR we need to compliment the $80+ million in cap space we'll have

This is so true. Its just hard to root against them. But, I want Darnold or Rosen, and many things can happen but I think Vegas odds would be pretty good sans injuries if they both come out that they go 1/2. Hopefully a couple more guys really flash but I would not be comfortable being at pick #5 in 2018.

26 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

No matter how loyal a Jets fan you are, I don't know how anyone can be rooting for the Jets to win even one game this year.  The organization clearly is in full tank mode and isn't concerned at all with being competitive, so why should Jets fans still blindly root for the team to win when the team itself doesn't want to win???  All we should be rooting for is to see our young players show improvement and growth during the course of the year. 

I don't know whether we can say that the Jets are in full tank mode.  If they were they would have cut McClendon and Skrine and not signed McCown.  

The Bills would appear to be more committed to the tank mode, but my guess is that if you look at their roster, they are also carrying veterans who should have been cut.

It says something that the Bills, who are in tank mode, are 9 point favorites against this Jets team.  Personally I think Vegas lost its mind.  I would take the Jets and the 9, no brainer.

Looks like the Bills may be starting a rookie 5th round draft pick this Sunday. I can say I would love nothing more then deal a blow to Colin Cowherds  0-16 prediction right on week 1.

If we win this game starting either Bryce or Hack, I'd love it. Winning it with McCown somehow seems kinda pointless. It's weird.

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

If we win this game starting either Bryce or Hack, I'd love it. Winning it with McCown somehow seems kinda pointless. It's weird.

1 minute ago, kelly said:

FIXED ^ ^ 

I think this is why the Bills are starting Peterman.  I think the Jets could have started/could start Petty, but he may not be healthy enough to.  Unfortunately, I think starting Hack would either violate some actual or unspoken NFL rule/the TV contract.

Through last year I thought the Bills and the Jets had a similar ownership/management/coaching profile.

As I said before, as of the end of last year, you either fire MaccBowles or extend them.  

It would appear that something happened to cut Harris and Decker, but other than that the Jets and kinda trying to win.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Or you can have the medical staff not clear your first or second string QBs so you are left with a 5th round rookie.  

If the Bills end up picking higher than us this costing our franchise QB because Bowles had to win with McCown, I think I'll be done with the sport.  

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ever heard the Name Dave Krieg  ?

in all seriousness if Peterman Starts I will be placing a nice bet on the jets to win outright. Moneyline dream scenario IMO!  I will probably cover the ML bet with a +9 bet also.

Jets will start the season 4-1.

@ Buff- WIN (PETERMAN)

@ Raiders - LOSS

Home opener vs the Dolphins - WIN

Home vs Jacksonville - WIN

@ Clevelend - WIN

4-1

Archived