Jets 1-0 Start

kevinc855

he NFL season kicks off this week with something special -- a potentially historic Super Bowl long shot that could be a double-digit underdog against the Cleveland Browns.

The New York Jets are 1,000-1 to win the Super Bowl at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, preseason odds that are longer than any ever seen before, according to some Vegas oddsmakers.Last year, the Browns and San Francisco 49ers started the season with the worst odds, but they were only 200-1, a more standard number for the biggest long shots on the board in early September.

"[I've] never seen any NFL team this high before any games are played," said Ed Salmons, a 30-year veteran Las Vegas oddsmaker and assistant manager at the Westgate.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I'd prefer a superbowl. But let's both be real. 

Vegas gives Jets very little chance to win Super Bowl

~ ~ The New York Jets are 1,000-1 to win the Super Bowl at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, preseason odds that are longer than any ever seen before, according to some Vegas oddsmakers.

rest of above article : 

>   http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20589135/new-york-jets-historic-1000-1-win-super-bowl

53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think get a W this week would be ideal...

we can't go 0-16... and we don't need to. We're going to lose 14+ games despite our best efforts. Team needs get that winless monkey off it's back at some point tho. Better to do that week 1

I'd prefer to get that monkey off our back after 31 other teams have 2 wins. 

Just now, Lil Woody said:

I'd prefer to get that monkey off our back after 31 other teams have 2 wins. 

How about no. If we approach the season like a bunch of pussies -- guess what; that becomes the lockeroom culture. A bunch of no dick nancies. "Go out there and play hard... but not too hard" 

Everyone needs to stop fcking worrying about everyone else. "What about buffalo"... fck buffalo. Fck Cleveland, fck Jacksonville.  We're gonna suck. If you need reassurance about that, go see your mom. I expect to suck with some class. 

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Coaches tank game 16 maybe 15.

The Bills' FO is tanking this game and season.  The Jets are winning.  

That is the tragedy.  The  Bills will end up with a QB we want, who will haunt us for 10 years.  

maybe Peterman will be the next Brady and the Jets can get the Qb they want

29 minutes ago, kelly said:

Vegas gives Jets very little chance to win Super Bowl

~ ~ The New York Jets are 1,000-1 to win the Super Bowl at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, preseason odds that are longer than any ever seen before, according to some Vegas oddsmakers.

rest of above article : 

>   http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20589135/new-york-jets-historic-1000-1-win-super-bowl

So you're saying there is a chance?

27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

How about no. If we approach the season like a bunch of pussies -- guess what; that becomes the lockeroom culture. A bunch of no dick nancies. "Go out there and play hard... but not too hard" 

Everyone needs to stop fcking worrying about everyone else. "What about buffalo"... fck buffalo. Fck Cleveland, fck Jacksonville.  We're gonna suck. If you need reassurance about that, go see your mom. I expect to suck with some class. 

LOL. You are pretending that the players on this roster are all going to be here in 3-5 years.  They won't.  Maybe we have 10 guys worth keeping. Maybe.

On D...Leo, Mo, hopefully Lee and the 2 safeties?

On O..,Enunwa and maybe Anderson, Stewart, Hansen and Winters/Shell?

This thing can be completely burned to the ground and we'd only add one more year max to the rebuild efforts. 

LOL. Culture. We don't even have leadership anywhere in the organization....and you're talking about culture?

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I get the locker room culture and everything but how many of the current roster are going to be on this team in two years? 

Just like in NE, Pitt, GB, etc.  Let the Super star QB set the tone when we get him.  

Otherwise we spend the next decade playing with other teams discarded garbage at QB.  The timing is perfect.  By the time the 2018 draft class is developing, Brady and Roethlisberger will either be descending or retired.  

Im sick of wasting my Sundays on the McCown/Fitzpatrick band aids or the Sanchez/Geno/Petty/Hack flawed draft picks.  We need a no brainer.  And this draft has at least 2.  Let's be in a position to get one and not have to sacrifice the next 5 drafts to get one.

17 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I get the locker room culture and everything but how many of the current roster are going to be on this team in two years? 

Just like in NE, Pitt, GB, etc.  Let the Super star QB set the tone when we get him.  

Otherwise we spend the next decade playing with other teams discarded garbage at QB.  The timing is perfect.  By the time the 2018 draft class is developing, Brady and Roethlisberger will either be descending or retired.  

Im sick of wasting my Sundays on the McCown/Fitzpatrick band aids or the Sanchez/Geno/Petty/Hack flawed draft picks.  We need a no brainer.  And this draft has at least 2.  Let's be in a position to get one and not have to sacrifice the next 5 drafts to get one.

This is all about signing McCown for $6mm.   Although he has delivered top picks to his last 3 teams, I am feeling a Fitz Part Deux coming on.

Don't be silly. If we get the 3rd pick and we want to trade up to 1 or 2.  Even if the teams holding them were willing to trade those picks (they likely won't be) we will get outbid and jumped by another team willing to give up 4 1st rounders as the QB chasing lunacy continues to escalate.  Hell the NFL offices might even promise them some future comp picks just to avoid trading with the Jets just so they can make John Mara happy and keep us in the dark. 

There is only one way we are ending up with the top pick. It has to be earned by tanking. Which is going to be great because if we are in the running by seasons end to actually get a QB.....the media will be throwing the tantrum of all tantrums calling it unfair, unacceptable, unamerican...blah blah blah.  Nevermind that the Browns just did it last season and nobody cared.

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

100%, I'm with you all the way... and have you looked around? Our team is record-setting bad. Putrid... Half of college could walk on us.

The point is, we don't have to "try" to be bad. We will be. We certainly don't need to be going into the season "fearing" a win in buffalo - like some have said. That's bullsh*t. There's good chance we're not going to go 0-16. We can't fear being 1-15. On top of that, it's not like there's 1 manning at the end of the rainbow. 

We're going to be OK. Macc's vomit roster has assured us of that. 

42 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Don't be silly. If we get the 3rd pick and we want to trade up to 1 or 2.  Even if the teams holding them were willing to trade those picks (they likely won't be) we will get outbid and jumped by another team willing to give up 4 1st rounders as the QB chasing lunacy continues to escalate. 

You want to go in to the locker room with that sh*t? I'd pay to see you say those words to Williams or Adams. 

Our team is epically bad. There's no way we're worse than the 2 or 3 teams we're competing with. We'll be able to draft a QB next year. Don't be a pussy. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

100%, I'm with you all the way... and have you looked around? Our team is record-setting bad. Putrid... Half of college could walk on us.

The point is, we don't have to "try" to be bad. We will be. We certainly don't need to be going into the season "fearing" a win in buffalo - like some have said. That's bullsh*t. There's good chance we're not going to go 0-16. We can't fear being 1-15. On top of that, it's not like there's 1 manning at the end of the rainbow. 

We're going to be OK. Macc's vomit roster has assured us of that. 

I get what you are saying and you are correct.  The team isn't going to lose because the players want to lose.  They are going to lose because we don't have any experience what so ever and certainly don't have anyone with the experience of dealing with adversity like they are going to experience this season.  

Like most, I will relish every bit of small success that we have.  Similar to 1995/96, watching Chrebet and Keyshawn were fun to watch and follow despite the losses that were piling up.

I want to see Stewart emerge as a legit #2 or slot receiver.  I want to see Lee make huge strides, Leo get double digit sacks, and Adams and Maye both solidify the back end of our D.  With that I can take all the losses.  

I have already created a spreadsheet that will track draft position by calculating strength of schedule so I will be able to track the Jets draft spot each week.  Good times.

6 hours ago, J-Diddy said:

in all seriousness if Peterman Starts I will be placing a nice bet on the jets to win outright. Moneyline dream scenario IMO!  I will probably cover the ML bet with a +9 bet also.

Jets will start the season 4-1.

@ Buff- WIN (PETERMAN)

@ Raiders - LOSS

Home opener vs the Dolphins - WIN

Home vs Jacksonville - WIN

@ Clevelend - WIN

4-1

You have a problem.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

You want to go in to the locker room with that sh*t? I'd pay to see you say those words to Williams or Adams. 

Our team is epically bad. There's no way we're worse than the 2 or 3 teams we're competing with. We'll be able to draft a QB next year. Don't be a pussy. 

Who the **** cares about the locker room?  This has nothing to do with the locker room.  This is about the organization.  I don't give a flying f*ck what the players on this team want, think or feel.  These are the same players that QUIT on the team last year.  Every single one of them is replaceable.  Even Leo.  Wow we have great 3-4 DEs and Safeties.  Hooray.  Maybe next year we can draft 2 guards back to back. 

If we are rebuilding, then rebuild.  Don't make stupid moves to get veteran talent or try to appease the players by pretending like we are trying.  If we are rebuilding...then get every player under 25 the reps and literally cut everyone else that isn't a part of the long term plan and stick bottom feeding placeholders on the back end of the roster.  Fire the idiot coach who is going to try to win at all costs to save his own career.  Any bridge player or serviceable jag should be thrown out and you take your lumps with your rookies and players that you think MIGHT continue to develop into good players "some day".  You can easily tank a season from the GM seat.   But you can't do that if you are signing players OVER your young talent, appesing your HC that doesn't report to you and will look to go over your head to your boss whenever it pleases him.  So the dynamic is that we have a guy looking to keep peace with his counterpart and avoid being called by the imbecile owner who will change direction depending on whoever is bending his ear.  So rather than having ONE point person for a rebuild we have 3.  So now we are giving Bowles another veteran to lean on during games and that will allow him to continue to operate in his own interests - which shocker - is not in line with the interests of the team. 

Face it.  This team is going nowhere as long as we have dysfunction pouring in from the owners box.  They change their direction weekly and make idiotic moves that do not fall in line with the rebuilding concept they laid out in the offseason. 

Even if we get the FQB....what god damn line do we have to provide him? At LEAST they promoted Shell to RT and pushed Ijalana to the backseat.  MAYBE now Shell can develop into a RT and we have 3 OL that we don't have to sh*t can next year. But no worries we traded for Kearse and signed Kerley and McCown will be throwing to them.  Great rebuild plan.

2 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

Who the **** cares about the locker room?  This has nothing to do with the locker room.  This is about the organization.  I don't give a flying f*ck what the players on this team want, think or feel.  These are the same players that QUIT on the team last year.  Every single one of them is replaceable.  Even Leo.  Wow we have great 3-4 DEs and Safeties.  Hooray.  Maybe next year we can draft 2 guards back to back. 

If we are rebuilding, then rebuild.  Don't make stupid moves to get veteran talent or try to appease the players by pretending like we are trying.  If we are rebuilding...then get every player under 25 the reps and literally cut everyone else that isn't a part of the long term plan and stick bottom feeding placeholders on the back end of the roster.  Fire the idiot coach who is going to try to win at all costs to save his own career.  Any bridge player or serviceable jag should be thrown out and you take your lumps with your rookies and players that you think MIGHT continue to develop into good players "some day".  You can easily tank a season from the GM seat.   But you can't do that if you are signing players OVER your young talent, appesing your HC that doesn't report to you and will look to go over your head to your boss whenever it pleases him.  So the dynamic is that we have a guy looking to keep peace with his counterpart and avoid being called by the imbecile owner who will change direction depending on whoever is bending his ear.  So rather than having ONE point person for a rebuild we have 3.  So now we are giving Bowles another veteran to lean on during games and that will allow him to continue to operate in his own interests - which shocker - is not in line with the interests of the team. 

Face it.  This team is going nowhere as long as we have dysfunction pouring in from the owners box.  They change their direction weekly and make idiotic moves that do not fall in line with the rebuilding concept they laid out in the offseason. 

Even if we get the FQB....what god damn line do we have to provide him? At LEAST they promoted Shell to RT and pushed Ijalana to the backseat.  MAYBE now Shell can develop into a RT and we have 3 OL that we don't have to sh*t can next year. But no worries we traded for Kearse and signed Kerley and McCown will be throwing to them.  Great rebuild plan.

I think me and you are like 97.945% on the same page. I'm with you about all things you said this team needs, and what's not working. I refuse to be scared of beating a team though. We not at risk of getting "hot" and while I expect the Jets to do anything to land the QB of their choice next year, I'm just can't entertain the state of mind where I say things like "i'd feel better if CLE was had 2 wins".. That just rubs me the wrong way. If anything, get 1 Win out of the gate would be the best case scenario. Get it out of the way. 

16 hours ago, faba said:

he NFL season kicks off this week with something special -- a potentially historic Super Bowl long shot that could be a double-digit underdog against the Cleveland Browns.

The New York Jets are 1,000-1 to win the Super Bowl at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, preseason odds that are longer than any ever seen before, according to some Vegas oddsmakers.Last year, the Browns and San Francisco 49ers started the season with the worst odds, but they were only 200-1, a more standard number for the biggest long shots on the board in early September.

"[I've] never seen any NFL team this high before any games are played," said Ed Salmons, a 30-year veteran Las Vegas oddsmaker and assistant manager at the Westgate.

IMG_6491.PNG

We can certainly win this game, I wish McCown got more time in preseason.  if he did I'd feel more confident but our D should keep us in games and hopefully we can get the ground game going.  This is one of the few games on our sched that looks winnable.  chances are we still won't be we have a chance.

Bullsh*t. I'm a Jets fan, I'm rooting for them to win. It's opening day. What a messed up mentality!

I think a lot of people who are hoping we tank are looking at this year as an investment. If we have a bad year we have a chance to land a franchise qb who will bring us many years of success...though to be honest even if we get one our fan base will knitpick anything he doesn't do flawlessly until the guy loses all his confidence is called a bust before taking a single nfl snap and then eventually cut before he ever had any chance of developing

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

If Peterman starts, does Bowles get fired if the Jets lose,lol. I mean think about this for a second. This is Bowles 3rd year, facing a team with an entire new coaching staff, playing a 5th round rookie QB! Granted the Jets are actually a lot younger team but Buffalo got rid of 3 of their WRs from last year, Watkins, Woods, Goodson & Gilleslie the backup RB. This would be probably Bowles worse loss EVER if Bills are victorious with Peterman starting. This is a lot different than losing to the Texans with a vet that just got off his couch, Texans have a kick azz defense. As everyone has probably deduced from my posts I'm a keep Macc, toss Bowles Jet fan. Bowles has a LOT to prove to me! Macc doesn't make the call to sit on 2 minutes at the end of halves, call TOs at the wrong times, and every other bad calls. Bowles has ZERO feel for games, he goes for it & if he misses, he crawls in to his shell like a turtle. He has zero balls & never does what it takes to STEAL a game with inferior talent.

Actually I think it's just a big a blow to Macc that a 5th round rookie can play and beat an NFL team when his 2nd round pick in his second year looks like total doo doo.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived