Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JetsFanatic

Kerley SIGNS with Jets

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I actually liked Kerley when he was here, and I doubt he'll cost very much when being a free agent at this point in the year, but I actually wouldn't like the move.

I certainly get the idea of him theoretically helping with a lack of experience at the position, but given the team's current situation, I would really rather not see the young kids pushed too far down the depth chart.  While Anderson will obviously get plenty of time, Kearse will be the other starter very soon, if not immediately, so Kerley pushes the likes of Stewart and Hansen further down, which is far from ideal.  If they hadn't brought in Kearse, I would likely feel differently.

And the fact that he's just another player that they let walk a year ago only to be brought back the following year shows the complete lack of direction on both sides of the nall but otherwise this sums up my feelings as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

And the fact that he's just another player that they let walk a year ago only to be brought back the following year shows the complete lack of direction on both sides of the nall but otherwise this sums up my feelings as well. 

They changed the offense, JK wasn't getting used by Chan so they let him go. That might be a different case with Morton. Its not as if there were no changes to the team since he last left.

And besides, I'm still pretty sure he'll just be here to return punts for a month or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony MaC said:

They changed the offense, JK wasn't getting used by Chan so they let him go. That might be a different case with Morton. Its not as if there were no changes to the team since he last left.

And besides, I'm still pretty sure he'll just be here to return punts for a month or so.

until marshall returns.  but can't they teach someone else to fair catch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

We want to develop our young talent this season. 

Now lets go sign and trade for a bunch of jags to keep the young talent on the bench.

Yup. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in the FloP house. 

just goes to show you that they're still terrified of losing their jobs even as they were instructed to cut decker/harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

We want to develop our young talent this season. 

Now lets go sign and trade for a bunch of jags to keep the young talent on the bench.

Yup. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in the FloP house. 

Young talent can develop without being forced into the starting lineup.  Since when do rookie or 2nd year receivers need to play a majority of the game to get better?  

Your post is a tad silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Maybe Raymond. Kerley can fair catch punts. Stewart KOR? 

IMO Peake is a need for Punt/KO coverage. 

I agree about Peake. If you cannot return a kick/put you better be able to stop the other guys. ST's has been an atrocity on both sides for too long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Jetsy move. Amazing what this organization will do to go from 3-13 to 4-12. Stop bringing back guys you got rid of! If Kerley takes snaps away from Stewart in the slot, I'll be pissed. Stop gap for the 1st 4 games until a couple of youngsters get up to speed I can live with but he better come cheap & have a cuttable contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I agree about Peake. If you cannot return a kick/put you better be able to stop the other guys. ST's has been an atrocity on both sides for too long. 

No way Peake makes this roster with these moves bringing in all of the WRs. Something has to be going on with Peake, hes probably not GETTING IT when it comes to learning the offense. Pats don't wait long. Forget what your supposed to do...see ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jgb said:

Everyone blames the Gais.

 

Niners’ Jeremy Kerley ‘didn’t have a lot of respect’ for Chan Gailey with Jets

by SiriusXM NFL Radio Staff  •   June 22, 2017

Jeremy Kerley was part of a 2-14 season with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016 and he was still much happier than in 2015, his fifth and final year with the New York Jets.

After a brief stint with the Detroit Lions, the wide receiver made a career-high 64 catches for 670 yards and three touchdowns. That led to him signing a three-year contract extension.

‘We didn’t see eye-to-eye’

But that isn’t the only reason Kerley was happy he was no longer with the Jets. It wasn’t even the biggest. The biggest, as he explained to Alex Marvez and Phil Savage on Late Hits, was that he no longer was being coached former Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.

“What changed a lot for me was in my fifth year, in New York, somebody telling me that, for whatever the reason was, I wasn’t good enough to play in that offense or I wasn’t a fit for that offense,” Kerley said. “And even though I knew I was, it still pissed me off to the point where I was just like, you know, what can I do to try to separate myself or stand out more. And I think, just from that point on and 2015 was by far my worst year in the league. I absolutely hated the NFL. I wasn’t getting any playing time at receiver; I was just strictly punt return. Me and Chan Gailey were always … we didn’t see eye-to-eye. I didn’t have a lot of respect for him. It was probably the same for him.

‘I can’t speak highly of a guy who never really let me have an opportunity to prove’

“Chan was just one of those type of guys that he has his mind set up before he sees whoever’s there. I mean, he just wasn’t a fit for me, so when we came in it was kind of like, I had just signed a four-year, $16-million extension. So I’m assuming this is my time, I’m going to play or I get to maximize my play. And it was the exact opposite. I can’t speak highly of a guy who never really let me have an opportunity to prove. And then the fact that he would always bring in guys that were my same height or my same size after guys went down or whatever happened, it brought me to believe that maybe he just doesn’t really like me.

“For whatever the reason was, I just feel like we were going to bump heads after that. I don’t say this about a lot of people, but I don’t really have a lot of respect for that and how that situation went.”

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/06/22/jeremy-kerley-didnt-have-a-lot-of-respect-for-chan-gailey/
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

 

Niners’ Jeremy Kerley ‘didn’t have a lot of respect’ for Chan Gailey with Jets

by SiriusXM NFL Radio Staff  •   June 22, 2017

Jeremy Kerley was part of a 2-14 season with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016 and he was still much happier than in 2015, his fifth and final year with the New York Jets.

After a brief stint with the Detroit Lions, the wide receiver made a career-high 64 catches for 670 yards and three touchdowns. That led to him signing a three-year contract extension.

‘We didn’t see eye-to-eye’

But that isn’t the only reason Kerley was happy he was no longer with the Jets. It wasn’t even the biggest. The biggest, as he explained to Alex Marvez and Phil Savage on Late Hits, was that he no longer was being coached former Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.

“What changed a lot for me was in my fifth year, in New York, somebody telling me that, for whatever the reason was, I wasn’t good enough to play in that offense or I wasn’t a fit for that offense,” Kerley said. “And even though I knew I was, it still pissed me off to the point where I was just like, you know, what can I do to try to separate myself or stand out more. And I think, just from that point on and 2015 was by far my worst year in the league. I absolutely hated the NFL. I wasn’t getting any playing time at receiver; I was just strictly punt return. Me and Chan Gailey were always … we didn’t see eye-to-eye. I didn’t have a lot of respect for him. It was probably the same for him.

‘I can’t speak highly of a guy who never really let me have an opportunity to prove’

“Chan was just one of those type of guys that he has his mind set up before he sees whoever’s there. I mean, he just wasn’t a fit for me, so when we came in it was kind of like, I had just signed a four-year, $16-million extension. So I’m assuming this is my time, I’m going to play or I get to maximize my play. And it was the exact opposite. I can’t speak highly of a guy who never really let me have an opportunity to prove. And then the fact that he would always bring in guys that were my same height or my same size after guys went down or whatever happened, it brought me to believe that maybe he just doesn’t really like me.

“For whatever the reason was, I just feel like we were going to bump heads after that. I don’t say this about a lot of people, but I don’t really have a lot of respect for that and how that situation went.”

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/06/22/jeremy-kerley-didnt-have-a-lot-of-respect-for-chan-gailey/
 

Of all the Jets-iest moves that the Jets can make, this seems very Jetsy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

My eyes tell me that if you take two guys with similar athletic profiles they will look like different players if they are receiving passes from Tom Brady or Geno Smith. So yes, based on the physical attributes that are very close, I'd say they are much closer than a simple stat sheet tells us.

Edit: Just looked up the stats. Kerely on the moribund Jets outperformed the Miami Dolphins' version of Wes Welker in catches, yardage, and TDs and was basically tied at YPC. Even Wes Welker wasn't Wes Welker until he was catching passes from Tom Brady.

Then based on your logic Stephen Hill should of been 2nd coming Randy Moss . Especially when he went from Geno to Cam .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

With this roster , does it really matter ?

Yeah, I think they can improve it for sure. I know LV odds on the Jets winning the SB are at 1000-1.  I was there last Feb. (2016) and the odds were something like 35-1. I placed a small bet and also one on Cleveland who was 250-1. I'd go for the 1000-1. No SB ok but we can be competitive. If we can get good players cheap like Kerley go for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerley would likely take the spot of Kalif Raymond, an unproven returner. Not one of the other young pups on the receiver squad. I'm good with that if Kerley accepts that as his role on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TexJet said:

Kerley would likely take the spot of Kalif Raymond, an unproven returner. Not one of the other young pups on the receiver squad. I'm good with that if Kerley accepts that as his role on the team.

I wouldn't let go any potential  good returners for captain fair catch . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

No way Peake makes this roster with these moves bringing in all of the WRs. Something has to be going on with Peake, hes probably not GETTING IT when it comes to learning the offense. Pats don't wait long. Forget what your supposed to do...see ya.

So let the Jets just continue to give away field position and worse on ST's just to sign JK? You have to be kidding us here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really see the point of signing Kerley. They got Kearse why not let the kids play? I doubt they sign him but if they do it seems like a wasted spot for a need that could be filled internally. Then again its the Jets so logic doesn't apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×