Sign in to follow this  
JetsFanatic

Kerley SIGNS with Jets

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Anyone else getting stiffed by the Jets on their awards points from 2016?

I redeemed mine for a fidget spinner and I have not yet received the fidget spinner. 

SAR I

This thread is about Jeremy Kerley go buy one on Ebay all the trinkets the Jets give away to season ticket holders can be found for sale there. 

joewilly12 

I always liked Kerley.

Did he have games where he disappeared? Yep.

Did he like to run out of bounds ALOT when returning punts?

Yea sure - but he did have some big games on occasion, particularly against the Pats.

I've read this whole thread and I see both sides of the argument.

I really have no feelings about this one way or the other.

I'll defer to the coaching staff - Bowles and more specifically John Morton.

If Morton thinks he has a use for him, he'll probably sign for something close to the Vets minimum.

He only turns 29 in November, so, he should still have some gas left in the tank.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You want sense? From the macc/bowles team? You'd find as much sense from a Pro Wrestling storyline

Cutting Decker came from upstairs.  Based on what their objective was for 2017, MaccBowles wanted Decker.

MaccBowles signed Morris Claiborne.  The Bills let Gillmore go and traded Darby.

Who is deeper into the tank?

I don't get these midget returners.  I understand if they want Kerley to replace Kalif.

haha

This team makes no sense.  They literally have no clue what they're doing.  

That said, glad to have Kerley back. I've always been a fan.  He should have never left in the first place.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

haha

This team makes no sense.  They literally have no clue what they're doing.  

That said, glad to have Kerley back. I've always been a fan.  He should have never left in the first place.

Go with the flow makes you wonder clearing house of certain veterans but signing other veterans, GM is clueless here. 

4 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

JK can still return punts, right? Honestly I'd rather have him around than whatever other schmuck we've got doing that now. He can at least contribute in the passing game and should be a better fit on this offense than Chan's. I'll be happy to have him back for however long. (a month, a season, etc)

Did Mr faircatch actually ever return a punt for us.  I think his right hand is stuck up in the wave formation.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Also this is just weird because it took injuries to both Marshall and Decker for Bowles to let Kerley onto the field on offense. I can understand forcefeeding a high pick rookie like Devin Smith out there ahead of him, but he was also buried all behind the likes of butterfingers Jalin Marshall, Kenbrell Thompkins, and IIRC Chris Owusu as well until he concussed himself into getting waived midseason. Then they just cut Kerley after the season. 

There seemed to be something else - something not good - going on between Bowles & Kerley. I guess beggars can't be choosers -- for both Kerley and for the team. 

This is most definitely weird, but I think you're giving way too much credit to the level of involvement Todd Bowles had on the offensive side of the ball.

Chan Gailey was calling all the shots re: offensive personnel and he's had a vendetta against short receivers for just about forever. Maybe Kerley was a slug when he was here - I don't know - but I think he was in Chan's dog house because of his lack of size more than anything.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Did Mr faircatch actually ever return a punt for us.  I think his right hand is stuck up in the wave formation.

I think punt returns are overrated.  Do you have a 150 pound guy try and return punts?  Doesn't that end up with alot of fumbles?  Isn't that what happened with Jalen Saunders?

If he squeezes through, great.  If he gets hit, fumble.

4 hours ago, JetNation said:

IMG_0729-1.jpg

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily news is reporting that wide receiver Jeremy Kerley may be joining linebacker Demario Davis as another former Jet taking just a short hiatus from Florham Park.

Kerley spent his first five pro seasons with the Jets before being phased out of the team’s offense in 2015 and moving on to the San Francisco 49ers where he was the team’s leading receiver with 64 receptions for 667 yards and 3 touchdowns.

The sure handed receiver would be a welcome addition to an offense that is severely lacking play makers on offense.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

D7wJpYuRtvU

Click here to read the full story...

Kerley instantly becomes the best QB on the team!

7 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Speaking of Kerley, who remembers the back story and cast of characters on this (non) play?

d00e772e87267c436525af5189b43788.gif?141

Sheldon, MM, and Geno!  I guess Rex to since he was there.

Another thing about Kerley is he's a reliable punt returner. He doesn't drop high kicks or turn the ball over. You are not going to get a deep return with him but you'll get the league average and no turnovers. As for saying he's a jag or mediocre player. Rosters are built on guys who can fill a role and aren't stars. That's really what NEP is about. They cut guys like Ealy not because they don't have talent but because they don't fit in and play a role that fits their scheme. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Another thing about Kerley is he's a reliable punt returner. He doesn't drop high kicks or turn the ball over. You are not going to get a deep return with him but you'll get the league average and no turnovers. As for saying he's a jag or mediocre player. Rosters are built on guys who can fill a role and aren't stars. That's really what NEP is about. They cut guys like Ealy not because they don't have talent bug because they don't fit in and play a role that fits their scheme. 

Worst punt returner you can imagine.  He sucks horribly at that job.

The Jets clearly have not given up on the season if they are making moves like this. I think Bowles and Mac are trying to beat expectations, honestly more then 6 wins make Bowles look like an amazing coach and Mac would look like he secured the future. This season has never been about tanking, it has been about cutting money expenses and developing future while also hunting W's.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Jets clearly have not given up on the season if they are making moves like this. I think Bowles and Mac are trying to beat expectations, honestly more then 6 wins make Bowles look like an amazing coach and Mac would look like he secured the future. This season has never been about tanking, it has been about cutting money expenses and developing future while also hunting W's.

My guess is Stewart isn't totally ready to take on primary slot receiver duties.  Bring Kerley in for the first 4 weeks or so until Stewart has the full playbook down and take over or Marshall comes back to take over or get cut.  Can't figure out any other reason to sign him honestly...

I really do hope to God he isn't returning punts I can't take another year of screaming at him for fair catching a ball inside the 5.

Edited by JETSfaninNE