Kerley SIGNS with Jets

JetsFanatic

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yeah, but I think it depends on how the teams prioritize their picks.  If Tye was our #1 priority claim then Carr would have to make it past the entire league before we would get a shot at him.

Ahh. That rings a bell. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Eh okay .. no argument to lose here he isn't and will never be Wes Welker or Edelman.. 

Correct because he signed with the Jets, a place where even Welker or Edelman wouldn't be Welker or Edelman.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It's so refreshing to finally have a Personnel Guyat the helm

The only reason that MaccBowles survives for 2018 if Woody realizing that a credible replacement would demand total control and a ton of money.  I think he is done with these first timers, and they with him.

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Well if you go by the conspiracy theory many here live by and how the Jets reporting structure is screwed up w/Mcc & Bowles each reporting to Woody, this is a Mcc move. Mcc controls the 53 man. Bowles controls the gameday. 

I would think Macc is finding players his coaches want and dumping the likes of Kerley on them.  I would be interested to hear how they are getting along. 

I'm not interested in hearing negative stuff about my team 5 days before our first game. Our record is 0-0 and some of these guys make it sound like we're 0-16. I thought fans and management were supposed to be positive going into game 1 but not here. As for adding Kerley. With Kearse it gives us only two wide receivers with over one season in the NFL. So what's the complaint. We have plenty of young receivers. 

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

No issue with this. You guys are delusional thinking that we have this deep stable of young receivers. Bunch of mid and late round talents.

Charon Peake lol.

You guys would laugh if the comments made here had been on a Miami or Buffalo message board. 

Likewise we would laugh if Miami or Buffalo signed Kerley.

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not interested in hearing negative stuff about my team 5 days before our first game. Our record is 0-0 and some of these guys make it sound like we're 0-16. I thought fans and management were supposed to be positive going into game 1 but not here. As for adding Kerley. With Kearse it gives us only two wide receivers with over one season in the NFL. So what's the complaint. We have plenty of young receivers. 

The mentality of some of these "fans" is ridiculous. I can't wait for Sunday, I hope we kick the Bills ass!!

2 hours ago, Lith said:

They did put in a claim for Carr, just did not get him according to Manish

Why didn't they get him?

I'm honestly asking, not in a sarcastic manner or anything.  I was under the impression that the WW doesn't reset, so why did the Saints get him?  Or is it tiered?  

20 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Why didn't they get him?

I'm honestly asking, not in a sarcastic manner or anything.  I was under the impression that the WW doesn't reset, so why did the Saints get him?  Or is it tiered?  

Unless they were late, it doesn't make sense.  Waiver claims are granted in draft order until the end of week 3 of the regular season.  I'm curious as well.

9 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Kerley is a jag. If he was an Edleman or Welker talent maybe BB would have waited and grabbed him instead trading Brissett 

BB has enough of Kerley type talent in Edleman, Amendola and to some extent Cooks who a lot more speed on the outside.  Dorsett needs to improve his mental toughness which I'm sure BB does a decent job of teaching.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

BB has enough of Kerley type talent in Edleman, Amendola and to some extent Cooks who a lot more speed on the outside.  Dorsett needs to improve his mental toughness which I'm sure BB does a decent job of teaching.

Yeah Amendola is very similar and actually his closest comparator from athletic profile is also Welker, same as Kerley.

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Another thing about Kerley is he's a reliable punt returner. He doesn't drop high kicks or turn the ball over. You are not going to get a deep return with him but you'll get the league average and no turnovers. As for saying he's a jag or mediocre player. Rosters are built on guys who can fill a role and aren't stars. That's really what NEP is about. They cut guys like Ealy not because they don't have talent but because they don't fit in and play a role that fits their scheme. 

Cheating is what the patsies are about.  None of their rings are legit, not one.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

maybe not but he's also not playing for the patsies.  kerley has had good success on two different teams and is a good pick up at this point. 

He had 600 yards and 2 Tds not even his best season then got traded and cut ..  relax bro . Kerley is who Is at this point in his career .. 

14 hours ago, win4ever said:

Why didn't they get him?

I'm still wondering about this. We're 6th and New Orleans is 11th.

Like you, my impression as well is that's the pecking order for every player (i.e. it's not like waiver wire rounds in fantasy football, where our #1 request was Tye or someone else whom we got, where the Saints' #1 request was Carr). I always thought every player's waiver was taken as its own mini-draft (with us then picking #6 overall in every draft, as opposed to picking #6 in every request "round").

Or maybe the leak of us putting in a WW request is just a poorly thought-out lie that's easily debunked as being BS. :) 

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like you, my impression as well is that's the pecking order for every player (i.e. it's not like waiver wire rounds in fantasy football, where our #1 request was Tye or someone else whom we got, where the Saints' #1 request was Carr). I always thought every player's waiver was taken as its own mini-draft (with us then picking #6 overall in every draft, as opposed to picking #6 in every request "round").

Or maybe the leak of us putting in a WW request is just a poorly thought-out lie that's easily debunked as being BS. :) 

Yeah, I had looked around a bit and didn't see anything that would suggest the Saints would ever be ahead of the Jets for any waiver at this point in the year.  Other than the very real possibility of it being BS, especially when considering the source, the only other thing I can think is if teams can "bundle" waiver claims.

Essentially, if there were two different players the team is interested in, but only have one roster spot that they would be willing to open up for either of them, so put in a claim for the first/higher priority player and say that if that player isn't available to them, they would then want to claim the second.  No idea if the NFL allows anything like that, but it's only other thing I can think of that might explain this.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If it's true then would have had to have rescinded our claim after being awarded other players. 

8 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If it's true then would have had to have rescinded our claim after being awarded other players. 

Could be, but I'd expect that to be part of the explanation, instead of just saying the Jets also put in a waiver, and leaving it at that. Makes it sound like the Saints were awarded Carr over us being awarded Carr.

But yeah, there are only so many possible explanations, and rescinding a claim is one of them.

39 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Kearse and Kerley instead of Marshall and Decker.  Yeah, the team isn't tanking.  :rolleyes:

Lol I was going to add above (still on my clipboard after cutting):

That said, they could have also signed or traded for other veterans once the initial cap room was cleared. That is, if they weren't really tanking for a high QB pick, plus using this year as 6 months of tryouts to make the 2018 team. Beachum + Claiborne is not an offseason for a 5-win team that's serious about improving its win total the following year. 

Archived