Aliens II: Xenomorph Within - Town Wins!!

Gone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder, Nyn said this game would be pretty Vanilla.  Doubt there's cult unless she was f*cking with us.  

20 hours ago, Nolder said:

I am not seriously entertaining the idea...yet, but the flavor does lend itself to a cult game. Also she had to rework her setup several times so who knows.

19 hours ago, SMC said:

Cult wouldn't fit in with the Aliens storyline, but there could be a third party because of Burke (the Company rep who was screwing over everyone to bring back an alien).

There is also a remote possibility that the android could be third party, but in Aliens the android Bishop was good while in the original Alien the android Ashe was bad.  NynMod is a big fan of Aliens, so I would say the android is good.

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

Yeah this is the one where there's a bunch of aliens and a queen.

You don't have to do a cult but the possibility is there regardless.

Anyway it's needless speculation and distraction at the moment.

No need to go down this road just yet.

This is the actual order of events

vote SMC

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

Nice deflection, AJ

I mean, we can talk about your obvious discrepancy on how you're framing the conversation - or you could just do whatever it is you're doing now.

if what 80 said is true and the last Aliens game here featured a cult it makes sense for Nolder to make that comment. He didn't say "let's talk about the chances of being cult" - I responded to it, 80 responded to it, you responded to it and brought up some other possibilities, and then Nolder said it wasn't important and didn't need to be delved into like it was beginning to be.

i don't see the issue.

Sergeant Apone: All right, sweethearts, you're a team and there's nothin' to worry about. We come here, and we gonna conquer, and we gonna kick some, is that understood? That's what we gonna do, sweethearts, we are going to go and get some. All right, people, on the ready line! Are ya lean?

Marines: Yeah!

Sergeant Apone: Are ya mean?

Marines: Yeah!

Sergeant Apone: WHAT ARE YOU?

Marines: Lean and mean!

Sergeant Apone: WHAT ARE YOU? HUDSON! Get on the ready line, Marines, get some today! Get on the ready line! Move it out! Move it out, goddammit! Get hot! One, two, three, four! Get out, get out, get out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven! Aaarrrrr, absolutely badassess! Let's pack 'em in! Get in there!

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I mean, we can talk about your obvious discrepancy on how you're framing the conversation - or you could just do whatever it is you're doing now.

if what 80 said is true and the last Aliens game here featured a cult it makes sense for Nolder to make that comment. He didn't say "let's talk about the chances of being cult" - I responded to it, 80 responded to it, you responded to it and brought up some other possibilities, and then Nolder said it wasn't important and didn't need to be delved into like it was beginning to be.

i don't see the issue.

Obvious discrepancy?  Nolder said that 80 was the first to bring up cult, but that simply wasn't true.  80 didn't mention cult or the prior Alien game BEFORE Nolder made his cult post.

That's the point.  Nolder brought up an irrelevant point, perhaps to seem townish, and 80 responded, as did I, to say he was offbase in thinking there was a cult possibility.  Nolder, for some reason, perhaps to deflect, claimed that he wasn't first to bring it up (which isn't true, since he was) and claim it isn't important.

Cult or no cult isn't the issue.  The issue is Nolder making an overt townie demonstration (dreading the existence of cult), then claiming he only did it in response to someone else, when that wasn't true.

What is also interesting is that you and Nolder had a little show of disagreement, but now you're jumping to his defense.  You have even gone so far as to vote for me.  That is high-level of deflection.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

This is the actual order of events

vote SMC

BTW, that's not the actual order of events because you missed Nolder's first post bringing up cult unprompted, which I showed in sequence.

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

Obvious discrepancy?  Nolder said that 80 was the first to bring up cult, but that simply wasn't true.  80 didn't mention cult or the prior Alien game BEFORE Nolder made his cult post.

That's the point.  Nolder brought up an irrelevant point, perhaps to seem townish, and 80 responded, as did I, to say he was offbase in thinking there was a cult possibility.  Nolder, for some reason, perhaps to deflect, claimed that he wasn't first to bring it up (which isn't true, since he was) and claim it isn't important.

Cult or no cult isn't the issue.  The issue is Nolder making an overt townie demonstration (dreading the existence of cult), then claiming he only did it in response to someone else, when that wasn't true.

What is also interesting is that you and Nolder had a little show of disagreement, but now you're jumping to his defense.  You have even gone so far as to vote for me.  That is high-level of deflection.

You should reread the thread.

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

BTW, that's not the actual order of events because you missed Nolder's first post bringing up cult unprompted, which I showed in sequence.

That post wasn't important to the point. He brought it up first, yes, but it wasn't addressed to anyone - which he has tried explaining several times - and makes sense in context to the idea the last Aliens game had a cult in it. Several people responded, you even began to speculate about other possible roles, and THEN he said let's put a plug in it for now.

youre missing something or misconstruing things on purpose. I suggest you look again 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll Vote LZM for this vote.  Seemed fairly random for a first vote, especially given that I don't think he's played with Smash before?  I would usually expect a fill-in player to drop a joke/random vote on someone he knows.  

It sure was a random vote. No I haven't played with Smash before. And you should probably throw your new guy rule book out the window, it won't do ya any good in regards to me.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll Vote LZM for this vote.  Seemed fairly random for a first vote, especially given that I don't think he's played with Smash before?  I would usually expect a fill-in player to drop a joke/random vote on someone he knows.  

Vote 80.  Mountain out of a molehill.  Since when do we care what newbies do and why do you think they must act like you would?

Ok let's all take a step back.

What was said can be read in order by anyone who wants to. There is no need to argue over it further. If some people want to lie about what was said and vote me that's fine because they are only exposing themselves as dishonest to the rest of the game.

Let's move on from what was said. It's becoming a distraction we don't need.

3 hours ago, SMC said:

3 hours ago, SMC said:

3 hours ago, SMC said:

STFU

Wow. Someone showed up ready to play. Like a boss!

37 minutes ago, Nolder said:

What was said can be read in order by anyone who wants to. There is no need to argue over it further. If some people want to lie about what was said and vote me that's fine because they are only exposing themselves as dishonest to the rest of the game.

I'll put it aside and note that your and AJ's tagteam is revealing.

I just have one question:  what is the "lie" you're referring to?

9 minutes ago, SMC said:

I'll put it aside and note that your and AJ's tagteam is revealing.

So is your linking.

Nolder is a by-product of the argument because he's the one that you're misrepping. I'm calling you out on presenting information falsely.

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Vote Count

Nolder (3) - SMC, Dunnie, Crusher

LZM (1) - 80

Crusher (1) - Ape

SMC (1) - AJ

80 (1) - JC

JC (1) - Pac

Dice (1) - Nolder

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

@Lizard King, yo, where my vote at?

in case ya missed it I Voted Smash

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Vote 80.  Mountain out of a molehill.  Since when do we care what newbies do and why do you think they must act like you would?

Why not?  It was my first legit vote of the game, and I thought it was a good place to start.  Whether he's new or not should be irrelevant.  I thought it was a scummy vote. 

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Nolder Brought up Cult first, 80 responded to him .... Who the **** cares... move on

I agree, except for the fact that Nolder initially claimed that he didn't bring it up first. That is the suspicious issue.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

What is your read on SMC

Archived