Craig carton arrested by FBI

AFJF

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

His salary was actually $2.5 mil that was a typo but even still to have that mansion with NJ property taxes plus renting an expensive condo in Manhattan plus gambling no way he can afford that

If he truly had a $2.5m salary every year, then sure he could afford all that. The property taxes are high but they aren't millions (or even hundreds of thousands).

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Carton wanted to be Howard Stern and over the years it got to the point of obsession where he had to live Howard’s lifestyle without the $500 million deal from SiriusXM 

Carton has a gambling problem. Stern has an ego/hair problem. 

23 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he truly had a $2.5m salary every year, then sure he could afford all that. The property taxes are high but they aren't millions (or even hundreds of thousands).

Sperm with all due respect Carton’s gambling was out of control.  NBA players have blown $100 million contracts largely on gambling

And NJ property taxes on a $2 million house are about $45k per year but that’s in addition to the $250k rent per year condo and federal and state income taxes

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sperm with all due respect Carton’s gambling was out of control.  NBA players have blown $100 million contracts largely on gambling

And NJ property taxes on a $2 million house are about $45k per year but that’s in addition to the $250k rent per year condo and federal and state income taxes

My point is without his gambling stupidity, his income was more than adequate to cover all of that and more.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:08 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Really?!?!?  WFAN could afford to pay Carton that much??  I'm not sure I believe this.

He was only 1/2 of a duo with a former professional QB (Boomer).   I'm sure Francesa gets paid but the rest of these guys probably make between $100K-$500K

What? These guys were highly rated during the morning drive time slot. They generated some good ad $$ for the FAN. CC definitely was getting $2m+. I believe it was reported Francesa makes approx $5m/yrly. 

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

What? These guys were highly rated during the morning drive time slot. They generated some good ad $$ for the FAN. CC definitely was getting $2m+. I believe it was reported Francesa makes approx $5m/yrly. 

I would be absolutely shocked if Carton made that much.  If they paid him $2M+ then surely they paid Boomer at least as much, no?  So it's like the 2 of them cost as much as Francesa?!  There's no way!

The only articles I've seen on this say he made $250K.  THAT, I can believe.  If you find something that says otherwise, post it here.  Otherwise I'll continue to believe he made $250K.

On 11/8/2017 at 1:02 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

On 11/8/2017 at 1:10 PM, NYJ37/12 said:

2.5 yes, 250k, no way

There is no way CC made $2.5M per year.  He made $250K per year and worked there for 10 years.  So he earned $2.5M in TOTAL.  There's no way WFAN can afford to pay CC that much. 

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There is no way CC made $2.5M per year.  He made $250K per year and worked there for 10 years.  So he earned $2.5M in TOTAL.  There's no way WFAN can afford to pay CC that much. 

I wasn't the one who identified the supposed misprint, but that makes way more sense for a regional show.

At $250k, yeah there's no way he can afford all that. Not even close.

Sorry but this is NY Sports Radio and they were a top rated morning show.  On top of that, they also lived in NY which means cost of living was higher so maybe he wasn't making $2.5mm but had to be more than $250k.  Crap, I'm a mid level marketing manager and I'm pulling down about $150k/year living in NJ so it's not that far fetched at all.  Also, I'm sure he had other endorsements and speaking things he got paid for as well.  I know him and Boomer had a restaurant at the Barclay's Center that they were probably getting paid a licensing fee for, they were simulcasted on CBS Sports which I'm sure paid them on top of their radio salaries, and like I mentioned he also was probably making a little money doing things like paid appearances and speaking fees. 

11 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Sorry but this is NY Sports Radio and they were a top rated morning show.  On top of that, they also lived in NY which means cost of living was higher so maybe he wasn't making $2.5mm but had to be more than $250k.  Crap, I'm a mid level marketing manager and I'm pulling down about $150k/year living in NJ so it's not that far fetched at all.  Also, I'm sure he had other endorsements and speaking things he got paid for as well.  I know him and Boomer had a restaurant at the Barclay's Center that they were probably getting paid a licensing fee for, they were simulcasted on CBS Sports which I'm sure paid them on top of their radio salaries, and like I mentioned he also was probably making a little money doing things like paid appearances and speaking fees. 

Endorsements are another story.  I’m talking about what WFAN paid CC in salary

22 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Morning guys in small markets are making $300k.  People think terrestrial radio is dead it’s not it still makes lots of money because of ad billing and businesses like radio because it’s cheap to produce ads

1 hour ago, kelly said:

Mike Francesa reacts to his WFAN replacements: 'They're taking over rarified air'..

>    http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/11/mike_francesa_reacts_to_his_wfan_replacements_they.html#incart_river_index

Most irritating thing about Francesa, of which there are many,  is he really believes this delusional nonsense. He's taking phone calls in February about the Mets' 3rd starter and the Knicks' 2nd round draft pick. It's the toy department of life. Or he has terrible breath. 

49 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Most irritating thing about Francesa, of which there are many,  is he really believes this delusional nonsense. He's taking phone calls in February about the Mets' 3rd starter and the Knicks' 2nd round draft pick. It's the toy department of life. Or he has terrible breath. 

ALL the above     ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, kelly said:

Craig Carton's podcast: Defending Giants, ripping Mets; Anthony Scaramucci guests | Takeaways

>      http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/craig_cartons_podcast_defending_giants_ripping_met.html#incart_river_index

If I ever accidentally clicked on a link for a podcast where Craig Carton interviews Anthony Scaramucci, I’d cut off the finger that made that error and feed it to the pigs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I ever accidentally clicked on a link for a podcast where Craig Carton interviews Anthony Scaramucci, I’d cut off the finger that made that error and feed it to the pigs. 

waaayyyyy too much information...

:unsure:

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A harmonic convergence of douchbaggery without equal. 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Can you imagine the amount of assholery that was spewed in that conversation? The amount of sarcastic ammunition might be too much to pass up.

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, kelly said:

Has ex-WFAN host Craig Carton found his next gig? http://s.nj.com/ij3Wezf

Joe Giglio is a WFAN deep-bench hack who is personal friends with Carton. The wording of the alleged “interest” between Carton and Barstool makes it seem that it’s Carton begging Barstool to give him a shot. Carton is going to prison for a decade. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Giglio is a WFAN deep-bench hack who is personal friends with Carton. The wording of the alleged “interest” between Carton and Barstool makes it seem that it’s Carton begging Barstool to give him a shot. Carton is going to prison for a decade. 

Prison Radio