Cannot stand Alex Marvez

Dunnie

... i'm driving to work listening to Sirius XM listing to this guy ... he seems giddy every song sentence .... maybe it's just me .... but man he drives me insane !!!! He seems like a nice guy ... but man his voice inflections kill me!!!

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... i'm driving to work listening to Sirius XM listing to this guy ... he seems giddy every song sentence .... maybe it's just me .... but man he drives me insane !!!! He seems like a nice guy ... but man his voice inflections kill me!!!

Does your car radio have a dial of some sort to um, turn the station?

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Fair enough ... i was just curious if it was just me ! Maybe the mod can delete this stupid post.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nah I understand, sometimes you can get so lost in how much you dislike a talking head that you just get wrapped up in the moment of not liking them.

Happens all the time with me and Evan Roberts, then that moment of clarity arrives when I realize I can just mute or turn from that whiny doosh.

I know what you're saying but he doesn't bother me at all.  Definitely a subjective thing but I'm sure most people have someone they can't listen to (less now that Carton is gone maybe).

The three things I cannot stand about radio:

1) Gil Brandt - his voice grates on me like you described with Marvez but I also can't stand his rambling factoids in place of actual thought

2) When all 5 of the sports channels I cycle through all go to commercial at the same time.  Hmm...maybe that's actually a blessing.

3) Snifflers.  Special place reserved in hell for people that sniffle into a mic while broadcasting on radio.  

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I know what you're saying but he doesn't bother me at all.  Definitely a subjective thing but I'm sure most people have someone they can't listen to (less now that Carton is gone maybe).

The three things I cannot stand about radio:

1) Gil Brandt - his voice grates on me like you described with Marvez but I also can't stand his rambling factoids in place of actual thought

2) When all 5 of the sports channels I cycle through all go to commercial at the same time.  Hmm...maybe that's actually a blessing.

3) Snifflers.  Special place reserved in hell for people that sniffle into a mic while broadcasting on radio.  

4) 1-877-Kars-4-Kids (Especially any of their ads that has a man-boy duet thing going on... Just a little too Sandusky-ish for my ears)

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Oh yes.  Add that to my list!  That song gives me road-rage.

I was going to start an anti kars4kids thread. That ad has spawned a few different ads all equally annoying like the doofy kids on TV lip synching, drives me nuts to the point of turning off the TV or radio stations the second I hear 1 note of that crap. It has been running for so long now, and it is on so often it is now the most annoying idiotic ad probably in history, right there with Crazy Eddie.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

I was going to start an anti kars4kids thread. That ad has spawned a few different ads all equally annoying like the doofy kids on TV lip synching, drives me nuts to the point of turning off the TV or radio stations the second I hear 1 note of that crap. It has been running for so long now, and it is on so often it is now the most annoying idiotic ad probably in history, right there with Crazy Eddie.

Not to mention the organization is shady.

10 hours ago, glenn31 said:

4) 1-877-Kars-4-Kids (Especially any of their ads that has a man-boy duet thing going on... Just a little too Sandusky-ish for my ears)

I literally turn the radio off for that commercial as well as others. So many many commercials now. There cannot be more than 30 minutes of actual content per hour in the show after the two sports updates and the annoying commercials. A lot of them feel really shady especially the Kars 4 kids one.

Alex Marvez does not bother me, and Gil Brandt in between some of the useless information he throws out says a lot of really interesting things. How he is not in the HOF is pretty bewildering.

Kirwan is still good, and Miller is a dope, though it is useful to hear some of his twisted former player stances. Tim Ryan and Pat were excellent. Too bad he left.

Polian is good, but a lot of the new players they have on are pretty lame. 

No where near what it was 8 years ago or so.

Archived