How Bad?

DMan77

12 hours ago, DMan77 said:

If we look back at this team in 5 years, where do you think they'll rank in terms of "worst teams ever"...

I'll be honest at the moment that - although I know they'll be terrible - I'm having trouble really finding a solid comparison for them. Are they 08 Lions/16 Browns/76 Bucs bad?... Or more of the 08 Chiefs/05 Texans/01 Lions?

Here's just a fox link of their worst... 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/the-16-worst-teams-in-modern-nfl-history-ranked-111416

I'd say 2014 Bucs, better defense, worse skill position players, same garbage coaching, and QB.

I would say barely above the Kotite era.  There is no way this line protects the QB or blocks well for the run.The defense seems good however they will spend way too much time on the field each game. They might need a back up punter as he will suffer from leg strain.

2 wins or so at best

17 hours ago, Pac said:

Prepare to be surprised, heavyset.  This talk about them being historically bad is ridiculous.  

Fitz was historically bad last year and they still managed to win 5 games.  McCown > Fitz.

That was BEFORE the Jets purged their roster.  I get that you need to be the homer this franchise needs right now, but it's good to have low expectations sometimes. 

17 hours ago, Pac said:

Prepare to be surprised, heavyset.  This talk about them being historically bad is ridiculous.  

Fitz was historically bad last year and they still managed to win 5 games.  McCown > Fitz.

McCown is 2-20 in his last 22 starts I'm not confident he is better than Fitz at all.. I actually think there on the same level .,

They won't be 76 Bucs bad but they will be bad.

I have said it a couple of times this team has the look of the 95 Jets after guys like Lageman, Hasty, Dwayne White, Rob Moore and about 12 other Jets left. 

Completely devoid of any kind of talent except for a few on the defensive side of the football.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That was BEFORE the Jets purged their roster.  I get that you need to be the homer this franchise needs right now, but it's good to have low expectations sometimes. 

Purged their roster of underperforming or oft injured vets.  People act like they released great players.   My guess is with the exception of Decker every replacement will perform better - including the QB.

If you want to throw $50 on more wins than last year let me know.

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

McCown is 2-20 in his last 22 starts I'm not confident he is better than Fitz at all.. I actually think there on the same level .,

The last time he played the WCO was in 15' I believe.  In 8 games he completed 64% of his passes and had 12 TD's to 4 INT's.  

In 13' in Chicago (not sure if Bates was there) he completed 67% and had 13 TD's to 1 INT.  

He's better than Fitz.

This 2-20 record that people puke out all the time is more indicative of the teams he was playing with rather than his individual performance.

I think the D and this team will be better than many of the whining ninnies on this site believe.  Much to their chagrin.

57 minutes ago, Pac said:

This 2-20 record that people puke out all the time is more indicative of the teams he was playing with rather than his individual performance.

lol.  Yet all people talked about regarding Fitz was his bad W-L record.  Yeah, Fitz sucked, but McCown is even worse.  

2 hours ago, Pac said:

The last time he played the WCO was in 15' I believe.  In 8 games he completed 64% of his passes and had 12 TD's to 4 INT's.  

In 13' in Chicago (not sure if Bates was there) he completed 67% and had 13 TD's to 1 INT.  

He's better than Fitz.

I think the D and this team will be better than many of the whining ninnies on this site believe.  Much to their chagrin.

+1 thank you

See, this thread kind of proved what I was thinking...

There seems to be a pretty wide spectrum between us all about just how bad these guys might be this year... Which is interesting!

There's no real consensus on just how bad they will be. I've seen everything from 0 wins to 6/7 wins... 

Just something else to make the season a little more interesting... We know we're not competing for any prizes (outside the draft) but it's still going to be intriguing to see exactly what kind of performance this team puts in. 

Archived