Chiefs vs Cheats

The Crusher

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pats fans ALREADY in Panic Mode!!

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/official-post-game-thread-chiefs-at-patriots.1140840/

Take a look at this quote!!

They kept Jimmy for a reason. Belichick saw brady lose zip on his balls in the super bowl. Here's something to ponder. BB knows Brady's arm strength isn't there so he makes the offense more veritcal therefore exposing Brady so that Jimmy can get in sooner. BB always said he wants to win with another QB. I don't know, something to think about.

Wow..Just Wow.... Lunatics!!!

Interesting things from last night:

- It's obvious KC is preparing their offense for Pat Mahomes because they inserted
a ton of college "gimmick" stuff (Pistol, QB Read Option, Wildcat).  Credit to
Alex Smith because he operated well within the system and actually attacked
vertically down the field

- It's only one game but NE doesn't seem to have much dynamic talent in their
front seven.  Their DLine seems to be a bunch DT "pluggers" and their LB's
didn't seem to have any speed.  Have they gotten too cute in getting rid of
Chandler Jones and Jaime Collins?  Only when they brought Devin McCourty into 
the box did they have any athletes close to the line of scrimmage.  And David
Harris looked his age whiffing on tackles as he tried to track down Kareem Hunt  

6 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

nbc.com its free live stream.  Man people, at least look around.  And if you need to ask if you are missing anything, you are missing something because you felt the need to ask.

edit: sorry if that comes off harsh, i'm incredibly annoyed for having listened to Collinsworth for 2 ******* hours already

All good....  I was being sarcastic and yes, I woke up this morning with a woody when I heard the PASTS lost. Fukk them. They cant lose enough for me.

A couple of other things:

- The Jets roasted Stephon Gilmore last year with crappy Fitzpatrick and he looks no
better this year

- Apart from the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl when ATL coaching staff drank "stupid juice"
NE defense has been run off the field the last two games

2 hours ago, KRL said:

- It's obvious KC is preparing their offense for Pat Mahomes because they inserted

That stuff isn't a gimmick, when will people learn that? Those are football plays based upon number principles, and putting defenders in binds. The spread is here to stay.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

KRL - while I like your insights, I have to disagree on the offense.  They are running that stuff to take advantage of Tyreke Hill and Hunt's explosiveness and it actually plays to smiths talents as someone who is accurate in the short range, and is athletic enough to run play action fakes etc.  I think its just a smart coach, which reid is, putting his players in the best position to do what they do best.  I do think smith is feeling the Mahomes heat and said "F-it" and is letting it rip more this year.

Offensively, I think what KC is doing is something that Morton likely can do here to manufacture yardage for this offense.  Using guys like Kerley, Kearse, and Adarius in motion and in stack formations, will play to their strengths as smaller, shifty WRs and also open up the running game/RB pass catching ability of Powell and McGuire (and even Forte).  I think that type of short passing offense, with "some gimmicks" is not only the best way to try to compete this year, but is also likely the best type of offense to break in a young QB like Darnold, Jackson, Falk or even Allen as they are good athletes who will need the offense to help them along in the beginning. 

NE defense though did look very slow - they do not have any DEs or LBs with any sort of burst to challenge off the edge.  

8 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Boy do I look like a genius for drafting hunt in the 2nd round of my draft 

The Pats keyed on Kelce but had no answer for Hunt. Collinsworth was whining about injuries, but 500 yards of KC offense says it's way beyond that.And their offense misses Adelman way more than you would have expected. Perhaps there is lax player out there...

Will the Pats join  the Bills and Jets in the tankathon? 

Reading the posts at the start of this thread was like reading my texts from last night.  I have Hunt and Gillislee in fantasy.  Like any normal person, I started Hunt and sat Gillislee.  I got a bunch of Hunt butterfingers messages and "should have started Gillislee."  How do they like me now?

3 hours ago, KRL said:

In addition to what the others have said, I think you underestimate how good Smith is as an athlete.  He is faster than Mahomes and just as suited to this kind of stuff. His inability to be a world class pocket passer means you can't be afraid to use his athleticism. 

Observations I made...Brady for the most part had alot of time to throw but still looked slow and confused. Alex Smith looked like Dan Marino out there against the Pats defence. He has only thrown for over 300 yards 6 times in his career....you really think that's just a coincidence he did that against "the best team in the league".
The Pats spent stupid money and multiple trades....more than they have to my memory and it looks like it's not paying off...the defence looked confused as did the offence.
Did you see Stephen Gillmore get absolutely burned by Tyreke Hill. Gilmore was playing on another zip code.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Reading the posts at the start of this thread was like reading my texts from last night.  I have Hunt and Gillislee in fantasy.  Like any normal person, I started Hunt and sat Gillislee.  I got a bunch of Hunt butterfingers messages and "should have started Gillislee.  How do they like me now?

I wonder if this thread will have similar feel, come seasons end.

Good.....
The Pats can't lose enough for me.
F them
F the city of New England
F the whole damn state.
I hope the get smoked by New Orleans next week as well

PiG riPe SlauGhtEr

New Orleans defence could be better but if Brees has a good game anything is possible. He can put up monster numbers and if what Alex Smith was able to do is any indication it may be another fun game to watch. I'm predicting a full blown shootout.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived