• Last Reply
4 hours ago, KRL said:

Interesting things from last night:

't seem to have much dynamic talent in their
front seven.  Their DLine seems to be a bunch DT "pluggers" and their LB's
didn't seem to have any speed.  Have they gotten too cute in getting rid of
Chandler Jones and Jaime Collins?  Only when they brought Devin McCourty into 
the box did they have any athletes close to the line of scrimmage.  And David
Harris looked his age whiffing on tackles as he tried to track down Kareem Hunt  

Totally agree regarding the front 7. They looked very ordinary, got gashed in the running game and barely got pressure. The secondary blowing coverages didn't help but the front 7 was awful.

Well, I've seen them lose a game and then win like 10 in a row. And as someone pointed out last night 3 times when they've lost their first game they've won the SB. Look, I'm not trying to rain on our parade. It was a good night for Jets fans. After rooting for our team (at least most of us do) being against them is number two on our list of favorite things to do NFL wise. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Well, I've seen them lose a game and then win like 10 in a row. And as someone pointed out last night 3 times when they've lost their first game they've won the SB. Look, I'm not trying to rain on our parade. It was a good night for Jets fans. After rooting for our team (at least most of us do) being against them is number two on our list of favorite things to do NFL wise. 

Yeah, definitely agree with not getting on board with this "they're done" mentality.  While not as common in recent years, in the earlier days of Brady/Belichick, the Pats were pretty infamous for being at their absolute worst to start the season, even losing to teams far worse than the Chiefs, stirring up predictions that they might be on the decline, only to be right back where they were a few weeks later.  Over a decade later, that still hasn't come to fruition.

I thoroughly enjoyed that game and hope it keeps happening, but even if this ends up being an overall "down year" by their standards, they're still a good money bet to take the division and we'll see what happens from there.  I'd be thrilled if it doesn't go that way, but it's still too early for me to be convinced.

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, definitely agree with not getting on board with this "they're done" mentality.  While not as common in recent years, in the earlier days of Brady/Belichick, the Pats were pretty infamous for being at their absolute worst to start the season, even losing to teams far worse than the Chiefs, stirring up predictions that they might be on the decline, only to be right back where they were a few weeks later.  Over a decade later, that still hasn't come to fruition.

I thoroughly enjoyed that game and hope it keeps happening, but even if this ends up being an overall "down year" by their standards, they're still a good money bet to take the division and we'll see what happens from there.  I'd be thrilled if it doesn't go that way, but it's still too early for me to be convinced.

My favourite part is it now shuts up the whole media narrative we've heard since about February about how loaded they are and can they go undefeated.

Now if we can win on Sunday we'll also shut up the whole narrative of us going 0-16 because we're the worst roster in the history of football.

As for NE, yes they'll likely turn last night into a springboard for 10+ wins on the trot. I'd hate to be NO next week.

The worst thing about last night was the NBC announcers constantly making apologies for the horrible cheater defense . The Best thing about last night was watching the cheaters 2 high prize CBs getting roasted .

Watching that stadium empty out before the game was decided was something . What a bunch of fair weather fans the cheaters have .

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Interesting things from last night:

- It's obvious KC is preparing their offense for Pat Mahomes because they inserted
a ton of college "gimmick" stuff (Pistol, QB Read Option, Wildcat).  

You are out-thinking yourself.  How you pulled this gem out of your ass is truly amazing.  You are officially in Carnac The Magnificent territory.

We played KC last year and they were a straight up West Coast offense.  Alex Smith completed
a high percentage of passes but didn't attack down the field or get a lot of TD's.  He was
basically "Captain Checkdown":

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8416/alex-smith

And don't forget he had Kelce, Hill and Maclin last year.  They then trade up for Mahomes
and all of a sudden they shift their offense and include QB option plays, shovel passes,
wildcat runs and vertical passes.  They didn't do that for Smith at 33 years old 

35 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

You are out-thinking yourself.  How you pulled this gem out of your ass is truly amazing.  You are officially in Carnac The Magnificent territory.

You can certainly disagree with a post. There are better ways to do it though. This isn't cool.

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

The Pats keyed on Kelce but had no answer for Hunt. Collinsworth was whining about injuries, but 500 yards of KC offense says it's way beyond that.And their offense misses Adelman way more than you would have expected. Perhaps there is lax player out there...

Will the Pats join  the Bills and Jets in the tankathon? 

i thought the way kc was getting called for cheap penalties the usual patsie home field fix was in.  give the chiefs some good credit for not getting down when hunt fumbled.  and give hunt some serious credit for coming back and playing the way he did.  what a great start to his career.

31 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I can't stop watching and enjoying this clip!!!!

Somebody help me!!! :) 

It's funny how that little clip of a defeated Belichick can give you more joy than any clip of the Jets playing. :lol:

Keep watching. It'll help rebuild your soul.

Archived