4 hour games?

RoadFan

I am surprised to see a Chiefs win tonight... and of course always enjoyable to watch the Cheats lose.

But nearly a 4 hour game?!?! 

I thought the American naptime's (baseball) pace was ambien like. 

I understand the money NBC is bringing in for commercials on opening night is huge, probably a few extra breaks.  But the NFL is getting less interesting to many.   They better fix this.

The college national championship was like 4.5 hours this past year. Football needs to seriously cut down on the commercial breaks. It's getting less and less interesting to watch. Constant interruption; games take forever and have no rhythm.

17 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am surprised to see a Chiefs win tonight... and of course always enjoyable to watch the Cheats lose.

But nearly a 4 hour game?!?! 

I thought the American naptime's (baseball) pace was ambien like. 

I understand the money NBC is bringing in for commercials on opening night is huge, probably a few extra breaks.  But the NFL is getting less interesting to many.   They better fix this.

It was the sheer amount of penalties honestly.  Don't think there was really any additional commercials compared to any other game.

Reviews, penalties, National Broadcast TV breaks, 9 TD's, and the fact the NFL is the greediest entity in the world, and will bleed the golden goose for all she is worth, don't expect this to get better EVER.  This is a league that pays it's useless commish double then 99% of any player in the league to keep the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ coming in hand over fist, and for no other reason.

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

The college national championship was like 4.5 hours this past year. Football needs to seriously cut down on the commercial breaks. It's getting less and less interesting to watch. Constant interruption; games take forever and have no rhythm.

+1

College football especially.  I go to a couple of Rutgers games each year.  Sometimes I don't make it to halftime.  Way too may commercial breaks.

3 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

+1

College football especially.  I go to a couple of Rutgers games each year.  Sometimes I don't make it to halftime.  Way too may commercial breaks.

NBC loaded up the ads last night. Clock stopped for everything. NCAA regularly has 4 hour games, and it hasn't hurt them-yet. 

There were 69 points scored, and 71 passes thrown in that game. If it's a running play, the clock keeps running.  On a passing play the clock stops only eating up a few seconds.  In today's NFL,  with the lean toward the passing game, that's the way it goes

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Why? Baseball is slow, boring, and virtually unwatchable on TV. Baseball games go on forever too BTW.

Yeah I can't watch baseball anymore.  Baseball is at it's best when your at the park on a cool summer evening, or as back ground radio if your team is in a big game.

Archived