Mass Evacuations

Maxman

I keep seeing "Mass Evacuations" on my news feed. I have been busy the past few days, but does this mean everyone is leaving Massachusetts? Are they seriously leaving just because Tom Brady got old and their defense sucks? Losing the home opener stinks but that is rough to leave the state as a result.

Talk about fickle fans.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I keep seeing "Mass Evacuations" on my news feed. I have been busy the past few days, but does this mean everyone is leaving Massachusetts? Are they seriously leaving just because Tom Brady got old and their defense sucks? Losing the home opener stinks but that is rough to leave the state as a result.

Talk about fickle fans.

Patriots fans were Cowboys fans again before the end of the 3rd quarter last night. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Patriots fans were Cowboys fans again before the end of the 3rd quarter last night. 

Yeah they were really quiet in that stadium. Couldn't believe how silent the stadium was, even when they were down by 1 point.

Just now, Maxman said:

Yeah they were really quiet in that stadium. Couldn't believe how silent the stadium was, even when they were down by 1 point.

All I could think about was all the **** bags walking 'round the city in their old ass Corey Dillon, Randy Moss and Wes Welker jerseys during the work day. The girl in front of me at my lunch spot was on her way to the rally, and had a giant head cut-out of Brady. 

I'm so ******* zen this sh*t doesn't bother me anymore, but I'm not above admitting how satisfying it is when they lose. 

The big thing is sports radio - they've been setting up the 19-0 narrative for a couple months. I love that their content strategy for the entire season just got butt ****ed. The season just became about 10000000000x more tolerable now they they've been humbled in game 1.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

All I could think about was all the **** bags walking 'round the city in their old ass Corey Dillon, Randy Moss and Wes Welker jerseys during the work day. The girl in front of me at my lunch spot was on her way to the rally, and had a giant head cut-out of Brady. 

I'm so ******* zen this sh*t doesn't bother me anymore, but I'm not above admitting how satisfying it is when they lose. 

The big thing is sports radio - they've been setting up the 19-0 narrative for a couple months. I love that their content strategy for the entire season just got butt ****ed. The season just became about 10000000000x more tolerable now they they've been humbled in game 1.

The scariest thing is they just weren't hungry. You can't flip a switch on for that. Spend all offseason celebrating and it comes back to bite you.

Brady didn't look as good. His receivers are getting hurt and why is Gronk still playing football? He plays at an all time great level but it is only a matter of time until he gets another serious injury. Just enjoy life Gronk. That dude is a beast but with his injury history it is a time bomb.

28 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I'm down here we can always use a little humor.. I'm the only one left in my complex everyone else is gone but they left me beer and liquor so I'm all set..:) 

Glad you said that.  So can we talk about the elephant in the room yet?  I have a friend in WPB who's only comment on seeing this image was "We are so f-cked"

Hurricane-Irma-path-update-1058011.png

41 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I'm down here we can always use a little humor.. I'm the only one left in my complex everyone else is gone but they left me beer and liquor so I'm all set..:) 

May a lovely damsel in distress seek you to secure comfort from the storn. Good luck Savage.,

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Glad you said that.  So can we talk about the elephant in the room yet?  I have a friend in WPB who's only comment on seeing this image was "We are so f-cked"

Hurricane-Irma-path-update-1058011.png

Now its going directly through the middle of the state... Unuasl and will be extremely devasting if the predicted path stays true... we could see much worse then Andrew... (which was a cat 4 on the coast) They are currently predicted a Cat 5 through the middle.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Now its going directly through the middle of the state... Unuasl and will be extremely devasting if the predicted path stays true... we could see much worse then Andrew... (which was a cat 4 on the coast) They are currently predicted a Cat 5 through the middle.

I'm guessing the parks will be closed for a day or two but it could be a whole lot longer if things get badly damaged.  Hardly the most important thing at stake, but just trying to imagine Disney and Universal potentially shut down for weeks or months boggles my mind.  

As for Irma vs. Andrew, have you seen this comparison?  

eguPHGxeoKawujgTody7-4zmZIYKrx-lMRh2bjk9

29 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm guessing the parks will be closed for a day or two but it could be a whole lot longer if things get badly damaged.  Hardly the most important thing at stake, but just trying to imagine Disney and Universal potentially shut down for weeks or months boggles my mind.  

As for Irma vs. Andrew, have you seen this comparison?  

eguPHGxeoKawujgTody7-4zmZIYKrx-lMRh2bjk9

damn its like twice the size

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

They were there to celebrate the beginning of an unbeaten season. And up until that 4th down stop, it looked like it was going to be a blowout. When it became competitive and especially when KC starting just destroying their defense they became completely stunned and shocked. It was awesome to behold. Plus Brady actually looked 40, but he did a couple years ago against KC and came back. But NE has to be in full on panic mode right now. I guarantee some of their fans are calling for Garoppolo and saying the hood one needs to go

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Yeah, I'm living out a scene from a bad B movie.  My plan was to make a holiday out of it, and go visit my sister in Vegas.  Wife wants to go down with the ship.

This is the part of the movie where I always scream at the screen, "What's wrong with you?  Get the hell out of there"

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

After being a Jet fan since the Titan days a little wind storm don't bother me.. If I was beachfront then I would be concerned..;)

If you have an old football helmet and pads, I would suggest you wear them for the duration of the storm.... not sexy, but falling trees and stuff. Just be sure to change before the evacuees return. They'll think you went bonkers.

Seriously, stay safe. I've heard the wine cellar is the place to be!

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

The scariest thing is they just weren't hungry. You can't flip a switch on for that. Spend all offseason celebrating and it comes back to bite you.

Brady didn't look as good. His receivers are getting hurt and why is Gronk still playing football? He plays at an all time great level but it is only a matter of time until he gets another serious injury. Just enjoy life Gronk. That dude is a beast but with his injury history it is a time bomb.

Hey just think, The Jets could be in first place all by themselves around 4:00pm Sunday afternoon.

And they said the Jets would suck. Bwhahahahahh

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Hey just think, The Jets could be in first place all by themselves around 4:00pm Sunday afternoon.

And they said the Jets would suck. Bwhahahahahh

I will be rooting for it.

Super Bowl! :)

Archived