Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

Darrelle "first ballot" Revis completely out of the league

Recommended Posts

For as poor as Maccagnan's been, this move seems to go unnoticed. We gave him a ton of money to do nothing and his career is over 2 years in. On another note @T0mShane I'll take a bottle of Red Breast if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no reason for him to play.  He's not playing for free and doesn't seem to want to play in 18' either.  Besides, signing Revis was a Woody move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

He will sign with the steelers late in the season and be ready for the playoffs.   $6M for sitting home provides no incentive to play during the regular season.   

Exactly.  The guy is not going to play for the same $$ he can get sitting home most of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all part of the plan.  Revis has absolutely zero incentive to play for less than $6 million dollars in 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/06/revis-can-reject-offers-for-less-than-6-million-without-consequence/

Take the year off, let the body heal up, collect $6 million from the Jets, and come back for one final contract in 2018.  I'm not sure if he'll be able to pull it off physically, but I wouldn't be shocked if this is how he's playing his cards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On top of being easily the best player in this horsesh*t franchise's history and easily the best CB in this somehow even more bullsh*t league's history, Revis and his people put on a clinic navigating contract negotiations and FAs. Hopefully more guys start at least be trying to **** these franchises in the skull whenever possible.

 I'm looking forward to his HOF induction! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

This is all part of the plan.  Revis has absolutely zero incentive to play for less than $6 million dollars in 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/06/revis-can-reject-offers-for-less-than-6-million-without-consequence/

Take the year off, let the body heal up, collect $6 million from the Jets, and come back for one final contract in 2018.  I'm not sure if he'll be able to pull it off physically, but I wouldn't be shocked if this is how he's playing his cards.

 

It's not part of the plan. Nobody wants to sign him. He's washed up. If he wasn't, you don't think there would be a team that would've offered him $10 mil for a 2 year deal with 5mil guaranteed? Revis would take that in a heartbeat. Why? Cuz he would make $1mil in year one from the new team and $9mil in year 2.

If he had anything left in the tank, 2 year 10 mil deal would be a bargain for the new team while he collects an additional $5 mil from the Jets for 2017. If he sucks his first yr, his new team only ends up paying the remainder of the new contract guaranteed portion ($4mil) and then releases him, costing just $5mil total. Revis, meanwhile, makes $10 mil for 2017 as opposed to $6mil. 

The Jets Guaranteed portion isn't what's stopping Revis from playing. It's his body that's given up on him. He's just done. He's 32. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont believe he is washed up and if he wanted it bad enough he could still play.

 I think he just got fat, lazy and is no longer motivated to do the work a >30 y/o athlete needs to do in order to compete at the highest level.

It was way easier for him to steal money from Woodrow and then walk away to do whatever else a guy like that does with the rest of his life.

His HOF bust should say Darelle "Slouch" Revis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: "Woody Johnson sucks!"

 

Also Jets fans: "I hate the one great player this franchise once drafted because he held Woody Johnson up for more money!"

 

Also, also Jets fans: "We should think about giving Kirk Cousins $200 mil!"

He was great in 2009. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revis was actually a 1st round draft pick that wasn't a bust here and had a really good career can't figure out some Jets fans, the NFL is a business its all about $$$$ same as the job you do on a daily basis you are there to make the most money you can.  

He also has a Super Bowl ring something many retired NY Jets can't say they do, I think he did well for himself. 

Darrelle Revis one of the best NY Jets to ever play the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis was actually a 1st round draft pick that wasn't a bust here and had a really good career can't figure out some Jets fans, the NFL is a business its all about $$$$ same as the job you do on a daily basis you are there to make the most money you can.  

He also has a Super Bowl ring something many retired NY Jets can't say they do, I think he did well for himself. 

Darrelle Revis one of the best NY Jets to ever play the game. 

Maccagnan signing Revis was a bigger bust than drafting Hackenberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: "Woody Johnson sucks!"

 

Also Jets fans: "I hate the one great player this franchise once drafted because he held Woody Johnson up for more money!"

 

Also, also Jets fans: "We should think about giving Kirk Cousins $200 mil!"

I like a little sarcasm just as much as the next guy but the above bold is something I've got to call you out on.

The cap is NOT Woody's money.  The cap it set in stone by the league.  It has nothing to do with Woody.  It is a franchise front office asset or tool.  Nothing more.  Woody most likely does has a say in which FA's are signed and how much of the cap they receive but that has no direct impact on Woody's net worth.  The cap is the cap, it's franchise money.  You might even say the money belongs more to the fans than it does to Woody.  

So, next time the correct thing to say here is that he held up the franchise=fans for more money.   If Woody ordered the contract then he is a meddler but it didn't cost him a dime.    Revis f*cked the franchise and the fans so f*ck him  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It amazes me the amount of hate some Jets fans have for Revis.  He's the best player this franchise has had since Joe Namath, but people hate him.  

Why?  Because he made sure to make as much money as he could playing a sport that has very negative long term impacts.

And that his skills diminished as he aged?  

God, what a prick.

 

 

Aged? He's 31. He stopped trying at 29. He's not that old. The first go around, Revis great player, excellent 2009. The last two years were a shame. He didnt try. Considering he's "the best ever" it's a bit bizarre he's totally out of the league without even being given the opportunity to retire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Aged? He's 31. He stopped trying at 29. He's not that old. The first go around, Revis great player, excellent 2009. The last two years were a shame. He didnt try. Considering he's "the best ever" it's a bit bizarre he's totally out of the league without even being given the opportunity to retire.

He is def easily getting in the HOF  and good for him for maximizing his earnings

Having said that its odd how some fans wont acknowledge and just accept getting ripped off the way Revis ripped them off at the end.

Calling Moss a slouch was his self fulfilling prophecy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×