### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

0-1, currently the #1 seed in the NFL Draft, some youngsters showed nicely, Bowles gaffes ensure he'll be gone in February, all in all a great day.

SAR I

Many other teams are 0-1 FYI 

Ticket sales are going to be very low this season regardless if its Jets fans or opposing teams fans looking to buy. 

Enjoy. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

0-1, currently the #1 seed in the NFL Draft, some youngsters showed nicely, Bowles gaffes ensure he'll be gone in February, all in all a great day.

SAR I

Those were not gaffes. That would imply he hadn't thought them through. His philosophy is flawed but that is no mistake. 

He did exactly what he said he would do and has done since he arrived.

"If we play mistake free football then we will have a chance to be competitive in most games." 

We did in deed have a chance to be competitive in this game. 

Just now, Warfish said:

I'm always happy when you're happy SAR.

Some can see the big picture, some can't.  You know how that goes.

For the next few years I'm not living in W's and L's but individual player and coaching performances.  For the skill level this roster possesses and the venue/team we played against, I give today's effort a solid B, not bad.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Those were not gaffes. That would imply he hadn't thought them through. His philosophy is flawed but that is no mistake. 

He did exactly what he said he would do and has done since he arrived.

"If we play mistake free football then we will have a chance to be competitive in most games." 

We did in deed have a chance to be competitive in this game. 

I thought it was a bit early to go for a 2 point conversion, and then he chased those points the rest of the way.  I don't think Parcells does that, I don't think Belichick does that, so I consider it a gaffe.  Not a major one, we weren't going to win that game no matter what, but a questionable and/or poor decision nonetheless.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Gridiron?  Don't you mean 'hand egg'?

Haha yeah. Had to go with Gridiron as "American football" wouldn't be right to majority of the board, and football isn't quite right to me as football is soccer. 

Not sure it needed quite that much explanation from me mind!

I just finished watching the game. I had to DVR it. The Jets were ok. The offense should improve with ASJ although they did get production today from the tight end position. But probably the Bills keyed on the running backs and production wasn't really there. I discount the two picks, the first was almost a toss up and the second at the end of the game when they were playing for the pass. McCown was ok but no big plays esp to Robbie. Our D was respectable and the rookies ok. 

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Some can see the big picture, some can't.  You know how that goes.

For the next few years I'm not living in W's and L's but individual player and coaching performances.  For the skill level this roster possesses and the venue/team we played against, I give today's effort a solid B, not bad.

SAR I

I think in a vacuum this is all great and I agree, but for someone like yourself and countless others, people who have spent the equivalent of a mortgage on Jets tickets since the new stadium...I don't know. You're way more accepting of this than I would be. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope, you're just a football fan rooting against the NY Jets.  Just like a Pats fan, or a Phins fan or a Buffalo Fan.  

To give you credit, at least you're honest about it.  

Who isn't.  The idea that going 0-16 will magically fix that is as much a fantasy as your phantom "tie goes to the WR" call.

People laying their entire souls on Darnold or Rosen will almost assuredly wind up massively disappointed, one way or the other.  

Laying our entire souls?  Ummm... What?

No one actually thinks what you claim here...

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Brain cells die daily you never had a chance from the start at equalling my intelligence you were doomed from the start. 

Robbie friggen Anderson LOL what a joke a dumb joke. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS follow along spell it and chant it with me. 

Can someone remind me why we keep this poster around despite his inability to follow a few simple rules?

@badposter12 is it time for another time out? Like a permanent one this time with an IP Ban?

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Laying our entire souls?  Ummm... What?

No one actually thinks what you claim here...

Exactly. I'm not laying my soul on anyone.  I just desperately want a young QB that can give me a glimmer of hope.  There is nothing about McCown that gives me hope. 

The franchise destroyed any "hope" I had going into this season when they blew up the roster.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The only thing your rants told me is that you'll go after someone's intelligence for simply disagreeing with your ramblings, simultaneously misspell simple words, and use the english of a 4th grader while fighting to get the last word.

Sorry Moggz, but the moment you give joewilly12 enough credibility to bother arguing with him is the moment you lose that argument.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Can someone remind me why we keep this poster around despite his inability to follow a few simple rules?

@badposter12 is it time for another time out? Like a permanent one this time with an IP Ban?

You are Jet Nation. You're like Goodall and can lay out discipline at your own discretion. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I thought it was a bit early to go for a 2 point conversion, and then he chased those points the rest of the way.  I don't think Parcells does that, I don't think Belichick does that, so I consider it a gaffe.  Not a major one, we weren't going to win that game no matter what, but a questionable and/or poor decision nonetheless.

SAR I

You are right chasing those points made the team think that they had to do something dramatic to beat a bad Bills team and it went totally against Bowles' crazy conservative approach with 4 minutes left to go in the game when he chose not to go for it on fourth down.

Just Odd...

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly. I'm not laying my soul on anyone.  I just desperately want a young QB that can give me a glimmer of hope.  There is nothing about McCown that gives me hope. 

The franchise themsel

Be sure to let us know how rooting "desperately" against the Jets all 16 weeks for your "glimmer of hope" turns out for you.

When we wind up picking 8th, and miss all four top QB prospects.

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I put him on ignore and walked away from the computer I gave myself a timeout. 

I apologize for my behavior. 

Keep the faith guys we knew this was going to be a long season. 

I may ban  myself from post game posting during the 2017 season. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I put him on ignore and walked away from the computer I gave myself a timeout. 

I apologize for my behavior. 

Keep the faith guys we knew this was going to be a long season. 

I may ban  myself from post game posting during the 2017 season. 

We will beat you to it most likely.

Garbage poster continues to do garbage things. Go to counseling man.

6 hours ago, Stark said:

Let's see what happens without McCown. It's a waste of everyone's time. 

They're babying the young guys.  It appears they've already made up their mind that Hackenberg is the guy, but he's not ready to be in there.  In the mean time, Kizer plays his first game against Pittsburgh and they lost, but it was close. 

Hackenberg will start against the Jags, or Cleveland and if he's really horrible Petty will to end the season.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Be sure to let us know how rooting "desperately" against the Jets all 16 weeks for your "glimmer of hope" turns out for you.

When we wind up picking 8th, and miss all four top QB prospects.

Be interested to see how it compares to a season-long campaign of telling strangers on the World Wide Web the correct way to be a football fan...

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

Be interested to see how it compares to a season-long campaign of telling strangers on the World Wide Web the correct way to be a football fan...

As opposed to a year of acting like a Pats fan and actively rooting for the Jets to fail, everyone to be fired, etc......all for the unknown of draft slot and maybe a chance to maybe draft a QB who maybe could be ok one day, maybe.

Going to be surreal here when we win, seriously. 

Archived