### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

I was expecting worse. 

Quite a few "experts" were saying we could go 0-16, we're a lock for the first pick, tank mode etc. We actually don't look that bad. Just like a functional mediocre NFL team. We're not making too many mistakes at least.

The Bills are terrible. Both teams are atrocious. No conclusions should be drawn from this game. 

4 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

This game is like a blind date

You hope she isn't as hideous as a friend told you she is

Turns out she's kinda plain but worth seeing again

I'll take it

More like she's hideous but you bang it anyway, then as you're driving away you delete your OKCupid account so she can't find you and you smile.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

For whatever its worth, its nice to see McCown stand on the field and greet players coming off.  Granted he's being paid a lot for it but I think he genuinely a good teamate.

For six million dollars I'd be giving each of them choke-out blowjobs as they came off the field.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

About damned time, Adams

To this day, I can understand the frustration of drafting a Safety at 6, but I really think that he's going to be a special player when it's all said and done.  I absolutely loved him as a prospect. 

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

God I love our GM, just found out we pay McClown 125K bonus for every game he starts above the 6m we paid.  LOL, lmao at anyone who thinks this GM is good.

Can't believe it.....

125k bonus each game to take a knee with 30 seconds and all 3 timeouts left while your kicker is 2/2 and just nailed a 52 yards with ease. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

125k bonus each game to take a knee with 30 seconds and all 3 timeouts left while your kicker is 2/2 and just nailed a 52 yards with ease. 

I feel like you'd be all over them if they tried and through an INT.

Man this team can't win with some people no matter what.

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I wonder what "bad" looks like, then. Oy.

It's a sliding scale isn't it? I mean what did you expect? I think for a team as bad as we know the Jets are, they've played well... Very few penalties, a couple nice places by a few young guys, no embarrassing mishaps, not getting blown out, an INT, some critical stops, special teams has looked good... For this team? That's pretty good. 

I feel like you'd be all over them if they tried and through an INT.
Man this team can't win with some people no matter what.

Whose job is it not to throw an INT? If Petty or Hack are back there I agree, play it a little conservative. With McCown what is the point of having him throw any pass? We may as well keep running Forte into Johnson's back and under using Powell.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

God I love our GM, just found out we pay McClown 125K bonus for every game he starts above the 6m we paid.  LOL, lmao at anyone who thinks this GM is good.

Can't believe it.....

We're still going to have a sh*t ton of cap space. Other than finding more stuff to be 'mad' a Macc for, what's the difference? 

38 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

It's a sliding scale isn't it? I mean what did you expect? I think for a team as bad as we know the Jets are, they've played well... Very few penalties, a couple nice places by a few young guys, no embarrassing mishaps, not getting blown out, an INT, some critical stops, special teams has looked good... For this team? That's pretty good. 

Relatively speaking, totally.

Archived