Maxman

### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Just now, Jetster said:

That's really the bottom line. You don't win sh*t if you can't run the ball at all.

It's hard to run it if your opponent doesn't think you can pass the ball. And McCown could not push the ball at all.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Which is a good thing, because Mac is worse than Bowles.

Agree.  Mac is a way bigger problem for this franchise than Bowles. And I think Bowles stinks

I'm fine with this. I thought the dfense played alright at the end of the day... It's all about learning and growing for those guys. The offense is as bad as we thought it would be. We'll see Petty sooner than later, which is also good.

It's fine. I'm not upset or disappointed. Pretty much what I expected.

Let your anger go guys... What were you expecting? 

1 minute ago, Hael said:

This isn't a popular opinion, but that was a pretty respectable coaching job.  We have a mediocre qb, jag wrs, and a glaring lack of talent at almost every position and we kept this respectable.

Our Oline was also better than feared, and held up ok against a really talented front 4.  

The big problem was our lbing and the fact that our highly touted Dline were dominated by the Bills Oline.

See though I vehemently disagree with a post like this I could accept it as long as your 4th lines was:

"Our GM should  be fired immediately for his awful drafting and providing our coach with no talent at all after 3 years."

Just now, DMan77 said:

I'm fine with this. I thought the dfense played alright at the end of the day... It's all about learning and growing for those guys. The offense is as bad as we thought it would be. We'll see Petty sooner than later, which is also good.

Our defense was not good at all.  Buffalo has a very one-dimensional conservative offence and we supposedly specialize against the run and we still were lucky they shoulda put up a 30 spot on us

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Agree.  Mac is a way bigger problem for this franchise than Bowles. And I think Bowles stinks

So if Macc fired Bowles, that would be a bad thing?  Doesn't matter who's worse, Bowles sucks and we're stuck with him until Woody decides to fire him. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

"Our GM should  be fired immediately for his awful drafting and providing our coach with no talent at all after 3 years."

Agree 1000%

So McCown did his job.  He threw a lot of short passes and looked 'efficient' so as not to embarrass the coaches while the Jets chalked up a loss.  Of course the two INTs don't help the narrative but they'll chalk them up to mistakes by the WRs or the OL.  Now Bowles can play the 'we played hard but we have some areas to work on' speech.  He'll also play the 'this loss was not on Josh' one too so as to defend his ridiculous fumbling of the entire preseason.  

Fortunately, my fantasy team is doing well and I got to enjoy some of the other games because if I had to watch this one from end to end I'd be in an alcoholic stupor.

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

So if Macc fired Bowles, that would be a bad thing?  Doesn't matter who's worse, Bowles sucks and we're stuck with him until Woody decides to fire him. 

Mac and Bowles both need to go.  I think they will both eventually be fired in January.

3 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

So if Macc fired Bowles that would be a bad thing?

Yes - because then Mac stays for 3 more years, at least.  Unless you let Mac hire a new HC and force him on the new GM because that worked well in the past.

McCown hung two picks and no points. The vaunted, young, talented defense, stocked with high picks from the last two years at low impact positions, gave up 400 yards total offense to the ******* Bills. But yes, Todd Bowles' clock management is what really did this team in today. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Gotta go with Petty or even Hack. McCown is not good and we are going nowhere this year.

McCown was way better than Petty, or Hack could have been.  Considering what he had to play with and the length of time he had to play with them I thought he did an admirable job.  He was the best player on the Jets today.  How good can you look when you have crap around you?

Just now, gEYno said:

Yes - because then Mac stays for 3 more years, at least.  Unless you let Mac hire a new HC and force him on the new GM because that worked well in the past.

This entire regime needs to go.

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

McCown was way better than Petty, or Hack could have been.  

Your probably right.  Which is why McCown will start until he gets injured.

4 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

It's fine. I'm not upset or disappointed. Pretty much what I expected.

Let your anger go guys... What were you expecting? 

this