Hack beats out Petty for back up job

AFJF

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Christian Hackenberg is the Jets' No. 2. Evidently, Jets coach Todd Bowles has reservations about Bryce Petty's knee. per Cimini

Despite saying for the past several days that he hasn't been limited in practice because he's good to go and that his health would not be a factor in determining the depth chart.  Odd.

Just now, AFJF said:

Despite saying for the past several days that he hasn't been limited in practice because he's good to go and that his health would not be a factor in determining the depth chart.  Odd.

According to Cimini, its because of Petty's knee. Who knows whats real??

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

According to Cimini, its because of Petty's knee. Who knows whats real??

I'll take Bowles at his word on this one.  Petty has been practicing at 100% and his health would not be an issue in determining the depth chart. His words.

5 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Did any one create the Kickstarter yet?  When do the billboards go up?

I am awaiting Irma to arrive in Sarasota.  Potentially devastating damage to my home and vehicles. 

If Petty isnt the backup or starter within 2-3 weeks, I still will scrounge up a few dollars to donate for a billboard.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This has to be some kind of record.  Season kicks off in 65 minutes and I hate this team already.

I had such high hopes for this regime. I really did. Now the only thing we can do is hope that Hackenberg gets in, throws six picks, Piers Morgan humiliates Woody Johnson on British television, and John Morton is the interim head coach before November rolls around.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This has to be some kind of record.  Season kicks off in 65 minutes and I hate this team already.

I get that Bowles feels he has no responsibility to communicate with or win over the fans in any way.  But you would think ownership would recognize that alienating a large part of the fanbase isn't really good business.  I would go to a game or two this season (as I usually do) if Petty were starting.  But Hack backing up McCown is a non-starter for me.   Just my opinion but I suspect I'm far from alone in this.  And because there is no rational basis for Hack in and Petty out, it looks like a team that is completely out of touch with reality as I perceive it.  Again, they don't 'owe' me anything but I also don't 'owe' them my usual attendance.  I'm just can't get emotionally invested this year and that makes me incredibly sad.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I had such high hopes for this regime. I really did. Now the only thing we can do is hope that Hackenberg gets in, throws six picks, Piers Morgan humiliates Woody Johnson on British television, and John Morton is the interim head coach before November rolls around.

As last year proved, six picks doesn't necessarily put you on the bench!

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am awaiting Irma to arrive in Sarasota.  Potentially devastating damage to my home and vehicles. 

If Petty isnt the backup or starter within 2-3 weeks, I still will scrounge up a few dollars to donate for a billboard.

Be safe

Because some Jets fans didn't get their guy to be b/u QB for game 1. Good lawd Some Jets fans deserve their misery. 

This place is going to be unbearable. Enjoy the season. 

Archived