Hack beats out Petty for back up job

AFJF

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Please never apologize for anything that creates additional posts on this board. Those are viewed as good things, especially during seasons like this. :)

Our super-secret plan that this board generates enough ad revenue to enable you to buy the team and make me the GM is working nicely so far.  But we might need to bring Tx back to get us to the endzone.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes.  I am not like one of those guys that defended Rex no matter what. I think there is a very good chance Bowles is getting fired at the end of this year. Some things he has done that drive me crazy are:

1. Announcing that Fitz was his starting QB after the first year when Fitz wasn't under contract. I didn't think it would play out the way it did, at the time it seemed to me like a throw away comment but it definitely cost the Jets $.

2. Sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick as long as he did last year. Big mistake.

3. Having Chris Ivory active for the season finale in his first year. Then not using him. Except for the time he used him and he dominated. Was he hurt? Was he not hurt? Why was he active?

4. Bringing Kacy Rodgers back this year. If Bowles is still going to call the plays (they are sharing it which is beyond stupid) then why not make the DC pay for the terrible year. He shouldn't be here.

5. Letting veterans like Muhammad and Sheldon get away with too much. (This one I think --- hope --- he has corrected). 

I also think he has corrected # 1 and that is why he is how he is with the media today.

I am willing to let the backup QB situation play out and I defer to them on the kicker. Bowles got criticized for letting Martin go, yet nobody picked Martin up. For the QB situation it isn't exactly Joe Montana and Steve Young he is choosing between.

LOL...that's a relief.  I'd be worried if you were like those Rex guys because while it turns out they both suck, Rex at least won some big games and delivered on the "defensive genius" label for a couple of seasons whereas the most progress we've seen from Bowles is that entering year three, he's realized the media is rotten.

I don't disagree that the QB's are bad, but that shouldn't mean the better of the two should be disregarded, especially when he keeps trying to sell fans that line about playing guys who give them "the best chance to win".

Hopefully it's not Bowles being clueless and incompetent that got Petty deactivated, but the fact that they want to keep him healthy to deal him for picks before the deadline.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If you think Petty has the physical tools Hack does ... i can't help you.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

To be fair, Jamarcus Russell's tools were off the charts.

It's nice that Hack has a howitzer for an arm, but what good is it if he's completing 40% of his passes?

To be fair, Jamarcus Russell's tools were off the charts.
It's nice that Hack has a howitzer for an arm, but what good is it if he's completing 40% of his passes?

I completely agree ... which is why we probably need to draft rosen or darnold next year. But the possible ceiling is higher for hack than petty.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You can`t teach accuracy, He sucks! Physical tool? so he can throw it threw a wall, that`s if he hits it! Petty will have a long career as a back up, Hack will be out of the league in 3 years.

If you think Petty has the physical tools Hack does ... i can't help you.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

s, they could have an AI program coach the team. Now I think we will all agree that if it was a top AI program then the Jets would be better off.

Interesting note: There ARE football AI programs that track the win percentage for a team based on score, time left, field position, time outs. etc....based off historical data, so Bowles could easily have an instant AI assessment on what the proper call is. Pretty sure some live football updates show the win percentage thing.

Petty by week 6? I feel like that's a reasonable guess... Should be by week 3 but I think he puts up averge-ish numbers against the Jags and Browns that it buys him some time... But not much...

Oakland - blowout loss

Dolphins - loss, no offense

Jags - loss, but a close game that buys MC more time

Browns - Loss. MC loses all the goodwill from his 'good' Jags game.

Pats -  Jets are dominated... Someone else starts the 2nd half.

Dolphins - Petty named starter...

On 9/10/2017 at 11:37 AM, BRONX DUDE said:

Want to know who in the world would want him.

I think Petty is the best QB on the roster. Bowles and Mac are pushing HACK enberg because they don't want to admit they made a mistake drafting him where they did and not being able to coach away his deficiency. Petty clearly outplayed HACK and when healthy I hope they turn the offense over to him.

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

Some of us were hoping g the head coach had a clue.  He doesn't, and he probably gets another year after this.  That's why.

Talk about overreacting. See what happens when you listen to a proven a-hole like the guy who wrote that in the first place? Bowles is most likely gone after this season as Macc will want to bring in "his guy". Then both will be gone after they screw up that season.

8 hours ago, roscoeword said:

It's hard, but I will try to watch the games with this mindset. Really have no choice.

Yes its the best way to look at it otherwise flat-screens around the tri-state area and to a lesser extent around the country will take a major beating.

Archived