How can anyone still defend Macagnan?

Philc1

On September 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Well Belichick's drafts - including some doozies - would routinely receive initial high grades. I remember for example '06 in particular, in what was billed as this super-deep draft at the time. Round after round, the endless knob-slobbering over every move he'd made and every terrible pick he selected. In the end, he drafted 10 players and the best of the bunch - by far - was the one that was then thought of as his biggest reach, and only somewhat acceptable because Belichick was the one making it: his 4th round kicker. 

Point being, had those same players gone to Bowles & co. it's a safe guess that your blame for their failure would surely fall on these substandard coaches not putting them in positions to succeed. It's entirely possible these players - no matter how good they may have looked in college, no matter how much you liked the picks at the time - just might not be very good, or any good.

Coaching is hardly meaningless, but most truly good prospects - e.g. a sure thing like Leo - aren't going to totally suck even despite bad coaching, so long as they stay healthy. Or is your suggestion that UDFA Robbie Anderson received superior coaching and was uniquely given a better chance to succeed, as a rookie under Bowles, than all the rest of the young WRs Maccagnan drafted or brought in? He didn't ruin Anderson; he didn't ruin Enunwa; he didn't ruin Winters; he hasn't seemed to ruin forum-favorites like Shell and Burris; it's doubtful he'll ruin Adams.

Pats were 12-4 in '06, won the division and reached the AFCC.

Point being, if Belichick the GM mucked up the draft, Belichick the HC still found a way to win.

THANK YOU. Case closed. You just proved it's all about quality coaching. 

Why can't Bowles do that?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to approach this like an accidental hooker death in the white house. Take no chances, everyone needs to be put down. Is it ALL on Bowles? Not likely -- so don't play with fire. Macc  and the whole office needs to go. We're watching a sh*t potpie he's been baking for 3 offseasons.

Here's a fact someone pointed out: ONLY 2 PLAYERS PRESENTLY ON THE ROSTER pre-exist Macc... everyone else has been either drafted, resigned, signed or traded for by Macc.

This is 96.3% his team. His making. His mistakes. His record. His rookies. His f*ckholes.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We have to approach this like an accidental hooker death in the white house. Take no chances, everyone needs to be put down. Is it ALL on Bowles? Not likely -- so don't play with fire. Macc  and the whole office needs to go. We're watching a sh*t potpie he's been baking for 3 offseasons.

Here's a fact someone pointed out: ONLY 2 PLAYERS PRESENTLY ON THE ROSTER pre-exist Macc... everyone else has been either drafted, resigned, signed or traded for by Macc.

This is 96.3% his team. His making. His mistakes. His record. His rookies. His f*ckholes.

Per Bowles' design, plan, and vision, developed and coached by Bowles.

You Macc-haters are so drunk on Macc-hate, you threw all logic out the window.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

And they're all young and growing together . in 3 years, this regime has 2 of the top 1st round picks from 2 drafts that nobody thought  they would get .  This regime went after Wentz and Tunsil, but felt the price wasn't worth paying because they're trying to build through the draft .   Now, if things fall right, because they didn't throw away all those draft picks, they just might have a chance at a Quality QB and still have those 2 players . 

If you want too, you can see light at the end of any dark tunnel . Just keep walking.

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

Pats were 12-4 in '06, won the division and reached the AFCC.

Point being, if Belichick the GM mucked up the draft, Belichick the HC still found a way to win.

THANK YOU. Case closed. You just proved it's all about quality coaching. 

Why can't Bowles do that?

Lol simple as that  Right. I'm sure Belichick - who's certainly far more the exception more than the rule - would have the same # of rings if you swapped Brady for our sorry QBs, gave douchebags multi year security, didn't cheat, etc. Or...probably not.

Some pretty meh coaches have been to, and even won, past Superbowls. Was Bowles twice as good of a HC in 2015 as 2016? Of course not. 

It's not all about the coaching. The personnel is far more important. Otherwise he'd have turned all those terrible picks into great players. Could be that they just weren't good; they were overdrafted and others - like Brady - were underdrafted.

Per Bowles' design, plan, and vision, developed and coached by Bowles.

You Macc-haters are so drunk on Macc-hate, you threw all logic out the window.

Coaching is a HUGE problem. They need to go... but it's equally as moronic to pretend like Macc hasn't mishandled the entire roster and made a vast array of stupid personnel choices/picks.

We're the worst team in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On September 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol simple as that  Right. I'm sure Belichick - who's certainly far more the exception more than the rule - would have the same # of rings if you swapped Brady for our sorry QBs, gave douchebags multi year security, didn't cheat, etc. Or...probably not.

Some pretty meh coaches have been to, and even won, past Superbowls. Was Bowles twice as good of a HC in 2015 as 2016? Of course not. 

It's not all about the coaching. The personnel is far more important.

Yes, Brady the no-name dork that 31 teams passed on up to 9 times. Who and what made Brady? A great HC and some very great coaching. 

If Brady was taken by a different team he would've been selling men's socks at Macy's a long time ago. 

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

thanks for the laugh, legit LOL. 

On 9/10/2017 at 4:24 PM, Philc1 said:

What has Mac done to make you think he has any idea how to draft?

Like every other GM in history he will have a bad pick now and then. I think the problem is that Bowles and Mac are not on the same page as to the type of player they want to draft. How do you select Darren Lee in the first round and then misuse him so badly. I think Bowles defensive scheme basically sucks. He is playing a 3-4 defense with LB's that don't fill their lanes. Like Rex I don't think he knows how to build a 4-3 defense. Mac did take Hackenberg, so I can see the point of doubters of his ability to recognize QB talent. I think Petty was a pretty good pick, but I think Bowles already has his mind made up on him, so I think we will soon see a lot of real bad QB play when Hack gets his shot.

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

Yes, Brady the no-name dork that 32 teams passed on 6 times. Who and what made Brady? A great HC and some very great coaching. 

If Brady was taken by a different team he would've been selling men's socks at Macy's a long time ago. 

Lol ok. 

You must think he's a great fool to stick with Brady all this time. Since he did it once, your logic suggests he'd surely have been able to do it again at will. Why pay Brady all that money when he could just go with a far cheaper guy made by Belichick?

You and nobody believes this.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have the worst head coach in the league.  We have the worst gm in the league.  We have the worst team in the league.

Black Monday will be a time to rejoice as jet fans.  Mac and Bowles will be gone and we will have the number 1 pick.

Hang in there boys.

Agree I been hating on Macc and Bowles for awhile and if this happens I will be very happy. 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

And they're all young and growing together . in 3 years, this regime has 2 of the top 1st round picks from 2 drafts that nobody thought  they would get .  This regime went after Wentz and Tunsil, but felt the price wasn't worth paying because they're trying to build through the draft .   Now, if things fall right, because they didn't throw away all those draft picks, they just might have a chance at a Quality QB and still have those 2 players . 

If you want too, you can see light at the end of any dark tunnel . Just keep walking.

Bowles and Macc are equally responsible, with help from Woody.  I think it is hard to keep one and get rid of the other.  Together, they have created the league's worst team.

I am not upset because they are losing.  I am upset because they defense looks so misdesigned, miscast and miscoached.  We thought that would be the strength of the team, and the reason perhaps that some predicted that the Jets were not in the running for Darnold or Rosen. So the good news is that the bad defense will ensure that we are in that sweepstakes.  The bad news is that I don't know how you keep Bowles if this is the defense that he has created and used high draft picks for over the last three years.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel-they are just bad.

The offense, that he delegated to someone with good coaching experience, actually looks much better with much less to work with.

22 minutes ago, varjet said:

Bowles and Macc are equally responsible, with help from Woody.  I think it is hard to keep one and get rid of the other.  Together, they have created the league's worst team.

I am not upset because they are losing.  I am upset because they defense looks so misdesigned, miscast and miscoached.  We thought that would be the strength of the team, and the reason perhaps that some predicted that the Jets were not in the running for Darnold or Rosen. So the good news is that the bad defense will ensure that we are in that sweepstakes.  The bad news is that I don't know how you keep Bowles if this is the defense that he has created and used high draft picks for over the last three years.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel-they are just bad.

The offense, that he delegated to someone with good coaching experience, actually looks much better with much less to work with.

How exactly rebuild something with completely new parts with destroying what was there before .  You want the opportunity to get what you never had, you have to make some sacrifices you never wanted to make . For years all I read is why can't we land that type of QB .  The Jets had the 1st pick in the draft and we didn't draft a QB because they was none to draft .We didn't draft an OT because I can't remember that far back without looking it up .  Parcells had the chance to draft Orlando Pace and he chose to trade out and draft a Linebacker . We have never done what it takes t get what we want, and now that we're trying the same people who complain are complaining yet again .

Archived