**** TANKWATCH 2017 - THE HUNT FOR A QB ****

ZachEY

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i still don't understand why lamar jackson isn't included.  he can throw accurately from the pocket.  and if you put any of these other qbs with louisville's team vs. clemson, they also get creamed.  jackson is a better version of tyrod taylor, and that's good enough to win, way more.

Jackson still relies on his legs a little too much for my liking. At his size I feel like his career is a few seasons long if he doesn't adapt to working in the pocket a lot more. He can prove me wrong. I see him throwing to open receivers and the ball is not leading the receiver but behind them on more than a few throws. 

If he can improve his accuracy and play from the pocket and he can change my opinion of him. My current opinion is that he is an electric player with a good arm that I don't want to draft at the top of round 1.

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Am I alone in being very skeptical of Darnold? I'm too lazy to read through, but the whole two year starter for a program that consistently produces softies really doesn't do it for me. 

I'm with you. I'm not as impressed with him as others seem to be.

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

He's got tiny calves and peg legs, but he's fun to watch .  If I were him, I would stay in school unless I was guaranteed a top 5 selection .

He will be a top 5 selection.  Everyone needs a qb.  He's a better prospect than Deshaun Watson and he got picked very high

4 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Am I alone in being very skeptical of Darnold? I'm too lazy to read through, but the whole two year starter for a program that consistently produces softies really doesn't do it for me. 

Thankfully for Packers fans, their GM was dissuaded by a Kyle Boller, a soft QB from Cal when they evaluated Aaron Rogers. 

I'm sorry but this 2 year starter from a soft program excuse is nuts. Do you watch him in detail? LOL do you even have to watch in detail with the obvious talent that oozes out of each throw? I'm no scout and I'm no head coach(though I strive to be one some day) the franchise ability is there. The vision, footwork, moxie, attitude, ball placement, anticipation is all highly regarded in a similar way Luck was..but I think he's just a little better than Luck prospect wise. You guys are insane if you don't come away majorly impressed with every game he plays .. 13 wins .. 1 loss.. I'm just saying.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'm sorry but this 2 year starter from a soft program excuse is nuts. Do you watch him in detail? LOL do you even have to watch in detail with the obvious talent that oozes out of each throw? I'm no scout and I'm no head coach(though I strive to be one some day) the franchise ability is there. The vision, footwork, moxie, attitude, ball placement, anticipation is all highly regarded in a similar way Luck was..but I think he's just a little better than Luck prospect wise. You guys are insane if you don't come away majorly impressed with every game he plays .. 13 wins .. 1 loss.. I'm just saying.

B-but he plays at USC and Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez played der uh der der

9 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i still don't understand why lamar jackson isn't included.  he can throw accurately from the pocket.  and if you put any of these other qbs with louisville's team vs. clemson, they also get creamed.  jackson is a better version of tyrod taylor, and that's good enough to win, way more.

When I think about my dream for the Jets, it's "a better version of Tyron Taylor."

On 19/09/2017 at 6:13 PM, Il Mostro said:

The race to the bottom of the barrel is extraordinarily competitive this season.  Jets have to be on their game.

Lol so true, it'll just be typical of our luck that 2-14 will only be good enough for the 9th overall pick next April

18 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Totally agree, He reminds me a lot of Randall Cunningham, perhaps an inch maybe two shorter but he is a better runner than either Taylor or even Mariota in my opinion and his arm talent is off the scale. Lots of comparisons to michael Vick who was a consensus No 1 overall pick and people forget that prior to his fall from grace he was one of the elite QB's in the league. He needs to show this year he can get his completion percentage up over the 60% mark or it'll be Hackenberg 2.0 but as you say a better version of Tyrod Taylor is still way better than anything we've had in years. His height/weight at the combine will be interesting and losing to that Clemson side is no disgrace, the key will be how he bounces back from it.

17 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Isn't Lamar Jackson around 6'3 220. Is that small? That's a big safety

Listed and what he actually is are two entirely different things, If he is 6-3 and 220 then that is plenty big enough and will assuage one of the biggest concerns about him but I'd guess he's somewhere closer to 6-2 205.....not awful, but not ideal either

17 hours ago, SenorGato said:

No I'm not convinced either although you have to admit he just keeps getting it done, watching him this week he just gets the ball out quickly and makes plays but damn it's ugly, maybe that butt-ugly throwing motion is blinding me to his obvious talents but nothing about him screams 'pocket passer' to me, he seems very skittish in the pocket and I don't rate his footwork much at all. I'd also be shocked if he is anywhere near 6-4 220, looks about the same build as Lamar Jackson who supposedly has 'size concerns'

For me it's Rosen all day long, still not sure what to make of Darnold and then after that clearly Josh Allen has hurt himself so much I doubt he even declares. My two most intruiging options after that are Jackson and Nick Fitzgerald of Mississippi State. Surprised the LSU thumping hasn't garnered him more looks but he's a hell of a talent, much like LJ he needs to prove he can be a pocket passer first and electrifying runner second but I wouldn't be shocked if by draft time he hasn't done a Ryan Tannehill/ Mahomes style rise and is a serious consideration inside the top 10.

Right now if we are picking No1 overall i take Rosen every time, if we find ourselves picking 5-8 then I'm seriously hoping either of LJ or NF develop enough to warrant taking at that spot. Mayfield and Rudolph I don't see in the conversation top 20

18 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

No I'm not convinced either although you have to admit he just keeps getting it done, watching him this week he just gets the ball out quickly and makes plays but damn it's ugly, maybe that butt-ugly throwing motion is blinding me to his obvious talents but nothing about him screams 'pocket passer' to me, he seems very skittish in the pocket and I don't rate his footwork much at all. I'd also be shocked if he is anywhere near 6-4 220, looks about the same build as Lamar Jackson who supposedly has 'size concerns'

For me it's Rosen all day long, still not sure what to make of Darnold and then after that clearly Josh Allen has hurt himself so much I doubt he even declares. My two most intruiging options after that are Jackson and Nick Fitzgerald of Mississippi State. Surprised the LSU thumping hasn't garnered him more looks but he's a hell of a talent, much like LJ he needs to prove he can be a pocket passer first and electrifying runner second but I wouldn't be shocked if by draft time he hasn't done a Ryan Tannehill/ Mahomes style rise and is a serious consideration inside the top 10.

Right now if we are picking No1 overall i take Rosen every time, if we find ourselves picking 5-8 then I'm seriously hoping either of LJ or NF develop enough to warrant taking at that spot. Mayfield and Rudolph I don't see in the conversation top 20

I must be watching a different guy. Darnold looks great and I love Rosen also. I'd take Baker Mayfield over the other two. Jackson is 4th on my list. 

Archived