Who should start at QB.

Tony The Wiz

I am so sick of what the Jets are doing. They are not going to win this division so why not play the only 

QB who actually has improved his rookie year.  And that is Petty hands down.  We watched him grow from his first year to his second. 

We did not get that from Hackenberg who I said would never make it in the NFL.  Why play the vet.  What are you going to gain? 

And if it is the injury then can someone say it with some kind of upfront lingo. Or is the GM trying and hoping that his Hack mistake 

won't bite him on the oss.  If that is the case you are stopping the development of Petty who I think could be a good starting QB in the NFL. 

But he needs snaps. Look he is not going to be Brady coming in here and light it up. Even Rodgers took multiple years on the Bench as did Steve Young. 

If the injury is not the case than Petty should be our starter. 

According to the HC...BP had a full week of practice but it was the COACH'S decision not to play him.  Say what!  What a lying POS he is better than hack and what I saw today proves Mac is not better at all esp. on some of the longer throws... 

But you'll see Petty riding the pine because the FO wants to save face with Hack. 

2 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

I'm watching Goff and he looked absolutely terrible last year and looks amazing right now. Hear this Mac....just give Petty a shot!

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Goff was highly regarded prospect who many felt had everything in him to become a franchise QB. 

Bryce Petty was a long-term project who no one thought would be better than a solid career backup. 

Bowles made his bed, let him lie in it with McCown.  Judging by today, we'll be better off for it in the long run.

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Count me amongst those who are not particularly impressed by Bryce Petty.  It's certainly possible he's the best QB on this roster but that's not saying much. 

So in your estimation why don't you think Petty cannot be a decent QB?          Did he improve in his 2nd year. Yes he did. Does he have a good arm. Yes he does. When in College he did not run a pro offense.  No he didn't run a pro offense so learning the Pro game needed more teaching.   Is he a tough guy. Yes he is especially playing with this offensive line.  My opinion is this guy deserves the shot to prove you wrong. 

Petty earned it over Hack.

Hack must be seen in real games this year just to be sure.

McCown does little for us.  

So I start Petty next week, and Hack....eventually, presuming Petty doesn't continue to earn the #1 on the field the rest of the way out

Seems reasonable.

32 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

So in your estimation why don't you think Petty cannot be a decent QB?          Did he improve in his 2nd year. Yes he did. Does he have a good arm. Yes he does. When in College he did not run a pro offense.  No he didn't run a pro offense so learning the Pro game needed more teaching.   Is he a tough guy. Yes he is especially playing with this offensive line.  My opinion is this guy deserves the shot to prove you wrong. 

I'm not saying he can't be a decent QB.  I'm just not a huge believer that he will be.  His impressive preseason performance came against mostly backups playing vanilla defense.  I have no issue with putting him in there btw.  McCown stinks too.  And I will also say the lack of weapons on this offense does him no favors.  So even if he is decent it might not show on this team.  

4 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Let McClown and the team get destroyed in Oakland next week and start fresh with petty the week after that. Although it's 50/50 mcclown even makes it out of the game healthy.

McCown may not make it through the Oakland game and Petty is made of glass.   You want an interesting exercise, predict the QB depth chart in week 17.   McCown and Petty will be on IR, Hack will be benched, and my guess is Kaepernick is the starter.   

2 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

McCown may not make it through the Oakland game and Petty is made of glass.   You want an interesting exercise, predict the QB depth chart in week 17.   McCown and Petty will be on IR, Hack will be benched, and my guess is Kaepernick is the starter.   

You may be right that a 4th qb will be on the roster some time this year. It will NOT be crappernick, woody would NEVER allow that.   Josh Johnson would be a solid bet.

3 hours ago, nicg4360 said:

I'm watching Goff and he looked absolutely terrible last year and looks amazing right now. Hear this Mac....just give Petty a shot!

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Well they did lose the most overrated HC EVER. He was such a stiff.

5 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

So have all 3 QB's active for the game and tell Kerley to be ready. 

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's not forget Petty looked beyond awful trying to throw the ball in the rain (last year vs I think the Pats).  I've never seen anything like that.

So I was thinking about that and found this quote:

Playing in the rain for the first time, Petty went 0-for-3, with one interception and two sacks.

"Just awful," Petty said.

"In warmups, I was throwing the ball fine, but I just couldn't keep a hold of it," he said. "The balls I did throw, they slipped out. The ones I was wanting to throw were slipping out before I was even throwing them. It was a weird deal. "You have to play in this weather. Shoot, Tom [Brady] was playing it in and doing fine."

So he was fine in warmups but when he got the game ball from the Patriots, it was slippery.  Yet Brady had no problems with his ball.  Now if it were anywhere but Foxborough, I would never have thought anything of it but...

Things that make you go hmmm...

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Count me amongst those who are not particularly impressed by Bryce Petty.  It's certainly possible he's the best QB on this roster but that's not saying much. 

THe overrating of Petty based on two preseason games facing practice squad scrubs is mind boggling

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Who gives a sh*t

I hate to go all bitonti on the thread but the players do. Pulling McCown now means the the staff thinks the season is a wash after 1 week, and even if that's true, you risk a full blown mutiny with the majority of the season still to go in the locker room and then we're gonna have a bad time.

McCown 2-19 in his last 21 games. He'll be 2-20 next week and the loss column is sure to go up expotentially. Put in the young guns and give them some experience. Nothing to lose and much to gain. Petty is a gun slinger and will be at least more exciting to watch good or bad.

Archived