Positives/Negatives From Todays Game

Smashmouth

1. First and foremost we lost ... Positive... Draft Pick QB you know the deal.

2. Josh Martin looks like he could be a football player ... Positive

3. Rich Gannon is a complete moron. Positive for Maye who he somehow expected to follow a TE across the LOS through traffic at the goal line and still make a play ... Hilarious. Almost as hilarious as Gannon Calling Powell a big bruising RB/ Hey Rich that was someone else's assignment not Mayes you buffoon

4. Adams looked to be coming on in the second half made some nice plays. Positive

5. Demario Davis Missed more assignments than the rookies. Still can't come close to covering a TE so now he just outright blows assignments/ Negative

6. O-Line cant run block they got hammered today... And they still cant pick up a safety blitz much better to peel off a lineman and at least hit the safety since he will get there much faster than the lineman you peel off.... Negative

7. Where in the **** was McGuire ?... Negative

8. Forte now has cement shoes borrowed from Stephen Ridley ... Negative

9. Along with Demario's debacle this team still has no answer for the TE its almost laughable... Negative

10. Looks like Bowles was calling the defense so why is Rogers still the DC ? Can't tell if this is neg or positive they both stink.

11. Still can't stop a 3rd and long. Why blitz a running elusive QB on 3rd and long and keep getting Burned ?... Negative

So more negatives than Positives but we expected that.... I'm really trying to concentrate on the young players who will be the future of this team and for the most part they played okay today.

Did Peake get cut ? I was wondering where he was at the goal line. If so did we cut him for that scrub Kerley ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Lee maybe a bust... he was out of position on a lot of plays today and your  comment about Maye should have been Lee.  he clearly was flat footed and reacted way too late.  

yep I knew one of the LB's had to react on that play was just not sure who. I just thought Gannon was totally clueless to blame that on Maye

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Positives? There are no positives. 

Look man you know we are going to suck this year the least we can do is watch the young players develop rather then get bent out of shape over a rebuilding football team in the first year of an all out re-build

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Look man you know we are going to suck this year the least we can do is watch the young players develop rather then get bent out of shape over a rebuilding football team in the first year of an all out re-build

Agree but seeing a 38 year old loser bum QB pisses me off pick up every rookie QB on the street and let them play instead no reason for Bowles to be doing this. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Agree but seeing a 38 year old loser bum QB pisses me off pick up every rookie QB on the street and let them play instead no reason for Bowles to be doing this. 

I agree we should be playing one of the kids but McCown played as well as could be expected today. Obviously hes no world beater but while this team learns this offense its better he takes some licks rather than the young guys getting hammered, The o-line is not up to speed yet on protections and its painfully obvious.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I agree we should be playing one of the kids but McCown played as well as could be expected today. Obviously hes no world beater but while this team learns this offense its better he takes some licks rather than the young guys getting hammered, The o-line is not up to speed yet on protections and its painfully obvious.

Disagree McCown shouldn't even be on the field let alone the roster. 

Just now, legler82 said:

WHAT???  That was one of the worst play I've seen by a Jets ILB since Vilma during the Mangini years.  Making tackles 10 yards past the LOS <> well.

I saw a much more physical player today. One play in particular was standing a blocker, shedding and making a tackle. From what I remember

Just now, RESNewYork said:

I saw a much more physical player today. One play in particular was standing a blocker, shedding and making a tackle. From what I remember

Yes that was one play near the end of a game where he was routinely missing or purposely avoiding his run fits, getting swallowed up by Bills o-linemen, giving up edge containment and blowing coverage assignments.  It's funny, I remember after that ONE play telling my wife (who could care less), I bet some Jets fans are going to think Lee played "well" today because of that ONE highlight.

Just now, legler82 said:

Yes that was one play near the end of a game where he was routinely missing or purposely avoiding his run fits, getting swallowed up by Bills o-linemen, giving up edge containment and blowing coverage assignments.  It's funny, I remember after that ONE play telling my wife (who could care less), I bet some Jets fans are going to think Lee played "well" today because of that ONE highlight.

wow. ok. I didn't mean one play, I meant several plays.  not going to pretend was following lee all game but I did play LB in college so I saw some positives. the negatives, yes, there were negatives, I saw a lot of over pursuing

Just now, RESNewYork said:

wow. ok. I didn't mean one play, I meant several plays.  not going to pretend was following lee all game but I did play LB in college so I saw some positives. the negatives, yes, there were negatives, I saw a lot of over pursuing

I guess it depends on what kind of bar you are setting.  I was keying on him the whole game and in my high school level playing experience-only opinion, he had a terrible game.  I'm very curious to see what his PFF grade for today will be.  In the end it's not his fault.  He's just not a 3-4 ILB.  Maybe 4-3 WLB?  

I lost count on all the missed assignments... I mean WTF have these coaches been doing?  I didn't expect anything and they certainly proved it but I gotta tell you TB needs to go (I mean now not year end) ... putting HACk as back-up is an affront to all of us.  

1 minute ago, SOJ said:

I lost count on all the missed assignments... I mean WTF have these coaches been doing?  I didn't expect anything and they certainly proved it but I gotta tell you TB needs to go (I mean now not year end) ... putting HACk as back-up is an affront to all of us.  

Agreed I was hoping for a win today then it was quite obvious that wasn't happening I was then rooting for Hackenberg to play so we could see how bad things really are. 

I'll bite.

Positives: Kearse looks like a nice throw-in and Edwards has clearly made some nice steps as a punter. Think he only had one dud.

Negatives: When you use this many resources on linebackers and safeties over a 3-year period and they can't completely shut down the Bills' offense, it's time to move on. This squad is atrocious and it is hard to believe that the team is this bad deliberately simply because even our high picks don't look remotely impressive.

Archived